• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Broccolimon. It's adorable. Watch it be super weak and not get an evolution.

Is it just me, or does the horned Pokemon look like a Larvitar and a Gible got together and made babies?

AAAAND if that spider somehow related to Spinarak and Ariados I will be very happy. I really like Spinarak and Ariados, even though I often forget about them and rarely use them in the games. I'm guessing that, if it is related, then it will probably be a branched evolution.

I think
anime-pokemon.jpg

and
nezumimi.jpg
(from here)
could possibly be the same thing, misinterpreted. I don't know how the Pokemon in the drawing is shown in that one instant the guy who drew it saw it, but they look similar enough if you imagine the drawing in profile. They usually make toys of stuff prominent in the anime... And the critter in the drawing is in the preview before the new movie, and the toy was on that leaked character sheet. Could all just be a coincidence though.
But all the people who saw that Pokemon said that it had pointed ears. I don't think that they're mistakenly similar. If they were the same Pokemon, I'm sure someone would have come forth and said something by now.

I was looking on PokeBeach today and they had a whole picture of afew Gen.5 Pokemon and the Larvitar like Pokemon. (I'm callin' him Larvitmon,that's it. >:C). He's actually green. And that yellowish-white thing is a fang-thingy. The picture's here. He's so kawaii~...

I was looking on PokeBeach today and they had a whole picture of afew Gen.5 Pokemon and the Larvitar like Pokemon. (I'm callin' him Larvitmon,that's it. >:C). He's actually green. And that yellowish-white thing is a fang-thingy. The picture's here. He's so kawaii~...

Now that looks extremely like a larvitar. I stick with what I previously said, I beleive this is another dragon type.

Actually, Serebii.net says there was a batch revealed, including some starter evolutions, but they only got the bird/couldn't make them out.

Also, apparently according to which version you have, there is a unique location called Black City or White Fortress. Should I make up a joke about this or just leave it be o.o

Hmm... going by the new screenshots, the green flying thing (Gochiruzeru?) doesn't look quite as bad as I thought it did initially. The first picture we got of it must've just been really crappy... I didn't notice the whole "cell" thing at all before, it just looked like a vague green blobbish flying thing. But the back sprite isn't that bad at all.

The tall black female-ish looking one (Rankurusu?) still looks like a badly-done fake to me, though...

And I'm guessing the "grid of wavy brown lines" move is probably just the new animation for Trick Room.

WHAT, I freak out at the name for the hidden Pokemon. Hatoopoo? WTF? What sort of name is THAT?

Hatoupou sounds fine to me. o_O

You're not very familiar with Pokémon Japanese names, are you?

Oh, here we go

Yeeeah I don't think it's related to Chiramii at all (like the guy who first reported this thing might have thought) and I don't think the other thing a legendary either. Remember when everyone thought Lucario was a legendary and there was nooo way it could have evolved from anything? And this thing looks even less impressive.
CHARI said:
By the way, is that Chinchilla Pokemon a rodent or a cat?
Is that rodent-family Pokemon a rodent or a cat!?

Last edited:
That mousey thing kinda looks like Plusle in the picture to the right with the black background. In the in-game one, it looks kinda like a chipmunk. (Anybody thinking Chip n' Dale from Disney? I sure am.) I don't really like it either way, but again, pictures aren't not enough quality for me to formulate a proper opinion, so we'll see.

I'll agree with Alraunne though that I don't think it's a Legendary or related to Chinchillathing either.

Ah. So that Minezumi thing in the movie must be this. Accompanying article says that its moves are detect, crunch, super fang and hypnosis. Chipmunk with detect and hypnosis. Okay... sure, why not?

The presence of super fang makes me inclined to believe that this, not chiramii, is the actual rattatathing. That, or maybe it's like Hoenn where we got two lines.

I hope in my heart of hearts that gochiruzeru is some sort of water bear.

If the new guy (that looks like a mix between Plusle, an extremely anorexic Purugly and) end up just being a mascot/non-legendary there for the cute, then I guarantee it will belong to the new girl in the anime.

But the Black City/White Fortress which I have only heard of in Serebii so far, it has made me curious. New Team warehouse, inferring two teams like RSE? The locations of Reshiram and Zekrom? A hoax?

But on the pokemon, the chipmunk looks like it is yelling for those dang teenagers to get off it's lawn. And the green ghosty one looks somewhat interesting now.

As a random thought, wouldn't it be great if unown evolved into something useable?

Quoting serebii.net:

"Countering Unown:
open up the online pokedex. if a pokemon's name is listed in there, it can beat unown."

and my personal favorite:

"Stealth Rock does more damage than this letter-shaped piece of trash."

Hatoopoo? WTF? What sort of name is THAT?

I'm guessing it's the "oo"s that are the problem. For some reason, people translating Japanese to English tend to write the extended "o" sound as either "ou" or "oo," even though people not familiar with Japanese will almost always mispronounce both of those... it'd make more sense (and cause less mispronunciations) if they wrote it as "oh" or even just plain "o." Or the "ō" that Shonen Jump always uses.

The "poo" is pronounced more like "Poe", not like "Pooh." So "Hatoopoo" would be pronounced more like "Ha Toe Poe" rather than "Ha Too Poo."

That mousey thing kinda looks like Plusle in the picture to the right with the black background. In the in-game one, it looks kinda like a chipmunk.

...those are two different Pokémon.

Countering Unown:
open up the online pokedex. if a pokemon's name is listed in there, it can beat unown.

Apparently they forgot about Caterpie, Weedle, Magikarp, etc... yeah, only having one attack is pretty bad, but unless you get really unlucky with Hidden Power's randomization, an Unown should still be able to beat weak unevolved Pokémon. And Dittos, since the Unown gets an extra turn while the Ditto's transforming. Maybe even something a bit stronger, if you're lucky and get a decent-strength Hidden Power that can hit something's 4x-weakness.

I would like to see an Unown evolution, though. Maybe they could look like kanji rather than the Latin alphabet... though of course they'd have to pick a small handful to use (like maybe the kanji equivalents of each Unown letter's "code word"? E is Engage and so on) because if they made one for every kanji, they'd run out of room for every other Pokémon's graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom