• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks a little like Delibird to me. Although it's Normal/Flying so there'll be no relation there.

Yeah, it's cool. It seems like it'll give a nice alternative to the Mamepato / Hatoupou line.

Rather a lot more.

So Black City/White Forest (not "Fortress") are confirmed; hot-Klavier-Gavin-looking-guy is "mysterious person N"; the Cheren chick (is it a chick? I can't tell anymore :/) who might've been a gym leader or something in that one VS-image screenshot is a childhood friend of yours along with someone named Beru; Araragi has a friend named Makomo who has something to do with "Game Sync", presumably to the internet; rankurusu, gochiruzeru and kibago are confirmed as dollthing/cellthing/larvitarthing's names, and rankurusu is psychic-type with magic guard as a possible ability; wooguru has a new two-turn move called free-fall, and its abilities are keen eye and hihidaruma's "encourage" (which has been clarified); munna evolves into something called musharna that has something to do with "dream smoke", which in turn has something to do with Makomo and Game Sync. Huh.

Thoughts:

-Wooguru ("wargle"?) is hot. I'm probably the only person on the internet who does not hate a single revealed pokémon so far, but up until now I didn't have any clear favorites aside from maybe zekrom. But wooguru... do want. Definitely do want.

-Two-turn moves usually aren't that great, but if free-fall really takes the opponent into the air as the descriptions imply, it sounds like it might actually be removing both pokémon from play for that turn... which, in turn, means that it might deprive your opponent of an action if wargle there can attack first. That sounds... awesome, actually.

-Musharna seems to eliminate any chance of munna being a baby drowzee. Good; no more baby pokémon plz. No idea why it and its dream smoke are so special, though.

-If that Cheren chick is a gym leader, then that means... you're friends with a gym leader. Might be interesting. Of course, I guess she could also just be a rival.

-Makomo is friends with the region's professor, and she's got something to do with syncing your game... I wonder if she's Isshu's Bill/Lanette/Bebe?

As an aside, fantasizing about wargle makes me want to try predicting what the new pokémon's stats will be. I think I'm going to go do that now.

Last edited:
That sarcophagus reminds me of something from Mother 3. It's like the perfect EarthBound style.

Related:

127878479525.png

holy shit

I have to have Wooguru. I want it now

I also want N but surprisingly not as much as the eagle. Musharna is also diabeetus-cute but Wooguru could probably kill it.

Whee, my opinions on all of this new info all at once:

Wareagle is just... whoa. Like everyone else, when I first saw it, I was like man, I want that thing. When I saw it, I thought, FINALLY, something that looks badass. (Other than Grass starter, but seriously, not many of the new Pokemon have looked that badass to me) Also, I hope Free Fall is like what Kratos said. It sort of makes me think of that Aerial Submission attack Charizard once used in the anime. Hmm.

Also still want the Larvitaralike with the tusks. Even though I liked it better as a figure with different colours and without tusks, I still like it.

Psybat is ugly and I really don't like it. I didn't like it when I saw the backshot and now that I have a front shot, I dislike it slightly less because the face looks less stupid than I expected, but I still don't like it.

Chipmunkthing is eh. I mean, I don't heavily dislike it, but I don't really like it either. I'm neutral.

Purpledream evolves from Easter Egg (seriously, Munna looks like an Easter Egg to me), huh? Well, at least it looks a lot less frilly than Easter Egg. I'm neutral towards it too, but like everyone else, curious about Dream Smoke, which sounds kinda cool, actually.

...Cheren's male? The first thing I thought when I saw him is that he looked like a lesbian. My head is weird.

Makomo looks sort of like Dawn's mom, but other than that, I have no real opinion on her due to the screenshot not showing her off very well. N kinda reminds me of that Lawrence III guy from the second movie... hmm. Except with a cool ponytail. Well, I kinda like him, but not like epically. Sort of neutral on this guy too.

FUCK I come back from camping and July's stuff is already leaking! REACTION POST TIME

Sweeeeet eagle Pokemon! Want.

I had a feeling that green thing was a cell Pokemon! Awesooome.

Squirrel thing is kind of ugly. Eh, whatever.

Koromori has a very confusing face.

I still want Kibago.

lol Cheren. Does he train bugs? He needs to train bugs so he can join Aaron and Bugsy in twinky trap bugginess.

Blonde dude continues to be hot and now has a rubik's cube and some bracelets. The pose and the "Pokemon are friends!" thing makes him look less like a rival/possible villain and more like your character's stoner friend or something, but okay.

N is... Kinda hot, frankly.

Maybe the Pokémon are friends thing is supposed to be you arguing with him about his ethics? Or he could just be yet another friendly rival.

I think that N is really an ass who pretends to love Pokemon to keep up a positive image. Sorta like
Krissy Gavin. And you beat him through an engineered public confession.
Yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't played through much of AJ yet myself, Kam, but I get the distinct impression that that should be spoilertagged.

Yeah, it should. D:< I haven't played AJ yet but I found out the other Gavin is a bad guy in the art book... but still

Am I the only person who doesn't really see the N and Klavier resemblance at all? N is really pale and has green hair and wears streetclothes. Klavier is one of those orange blonde-haired people that's obligatory in every Japanese game ever (looking at you, Fire Emblem).

I am also on the wargle bargle bird wagon. I think I was kind of right in saying it would be like Swellow, based mainly on it's colours, but Free Fall sounds useful, especially for doubles/triples. Though I think in exchange it will become rather weak stats.

As for Koromori, the bat thing, now that it is clear that those tufts of hair aren't it's eyes and the purple thing is it's eye but not it's nose, it look like hilarious Narm to me. If it gets a cool looking evo I'd probably get it. (chances are it won't though, since being a bat almost makes it certain it might take a Zubat role)

I also still maintain my image of Chipmon yelling at teenagers who are on it's lawn.

From the revealed Black City/White Forest info, it seems to me that they will definitely be the locations of opposing evil teams or the legendaries themselves, in a "nature vs industrial" kind of plot, with Zekrom representing darkness and industry/city/modernisation/electricity and Reshiram being the light and more natural ... stuff. Though of course, that's just going off literally nothing.

I kind of like Wooguru, but not too crazy about it like everyone else. I think it reminds me too much of Aquilamon from Digimon Adventure 02. =O

Minezumi looks like a pissed-off Bidoof.

Koromori creeps me out ;~;

...in a "nature vs industrial" kind of plot, with Zekrom representing darkness and industry/city/modernisation/electricity and Reshiram being the light and more natural ... stuff. Though of course, that's just going off literally nothing.

I had this theory about the legendaries too, yeah, what with Zekrom being all big and bulky and I HAVE A JET ENGINE ON MY REAR while Reshiram is all flowy et cetera. However considering Reshiram also has an engine of sorts, it might be something like old technology vs. new or something. I'm not sure.

I haven't played through much of AJ yet myself, Kam, but I get the distinct impression that that should be spoilertagged.

You learn that Krissy is evil in the tutorial case. I don't think it's much of a spoiler.

...but anyway, I'm confused as to how Black City and White Forest can be in the same region in the same location. Doesn't that mean that technically they'd exist at the same time in the same place?

Ah well, at least they're pretty.

Top percentage of fifth gen Pokemon
It's like my WARGLE is in the top percentage of FIFTH GEN POKEMANS [/youngsterjoey]

Anyhow, I'm loving them all (well, Koromori not that much, but I already doodled it, making it less ashbafdkjg), especially the green blobby thing :D
The evolution of Munna is pretty adorable, and the fact that it's a lot like Drowzee doesn't really bother me.

I wonder whether Starsandstripes Wargle evolves from anything? It obviously is the last of its line, whether it has one, two or no pre-evos.

And eh, N is pretty ugly. The bad guy (Kodai) in the 13th movie is way hotter B]

Hehe. Professor Willow Who Doesn't Have An English Name Yet has what appears to be a female lab assitant. She's not blonde, but I'll take what I can get.
(I have epic headcanon built around the new professor, and when canon comes along and ruins it, I'll be so sad.)

OT: I like all the new Pokemans. I want a better picture of that blue bird-thingy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom