• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia: Quest for the Golden Shards

Re: [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia and Moon Land: Quest for the Golden Shards

((Omg i'm missing so much... And i'm so lonley))

Chronos was sitting in the throne room when angelo barged in.

"What is so importent that you must come rushing in here...?"
"We have news sire! The arylettopian alliance is searching for the golden shards!"
"And these are...?"
"...I don't know... But dawn went into a panic when she heard about it. And she said something about the downfall of the kingdom!"
"Then we must stop them. Organize the forces and learn all you can about them"
"Yes sir!"
Angelo said as he ran off.

Re: [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia and Moon Land: Quest for the Golden Shards

"I come seeking knowledge of Moonlandik Legends, in particular those partaining to a series of 'Golden Shards'. A...colleage of mine is in Moonland itself, but as from what we gathered Arlyettopia is a highly important realm in this part of the world, I was sent to find out what I could. We have our own reasons for this search, which I am duty-bound to keep confidential."

"I see. I wish you luck."
With that, Lucas turned around, sat in his chair, and waited for further proceedings.

That was it.

She felt more colour flood into her face, the anger building up. Let her advisers do the talking! Hmph... like she wasn't a big girl who couldn't do things on her own! Just for once... she would've liked to have made a decision without the help of her... her... advisers.

"My... advisers? You know... maybe I should just be radical today! Maybe I should make a choice without my advisers... I'M the Queen of Arylettopia, I'M the one who makes the choices!"

Yes indeed, that had always been a touchy subject with her. At times, Queen Arylett felt as if it was not her who was ruling Arylettopia, but her advisers. She stomped her foot in frustration, the look upon her face absolutely murderous. Queen Arylett seemed furious.

Control... control... control yourself...

She went silent, taking a few minutes to just breathe and attempt to calm down the rising fury within her.

After a few minutes, she seemed to have cooled down.

"...I'm sorry about that outburst. I can get so angry at times. Yes... I'll... I'll let my advisers do the talking."

She resigned herself to silence once more, contemplating more of her adviser's tremendous amount of influence and her regret at letting her anger slip out like that.

Actually, the most interesting part of what has gone before is the discovery that this Ionia place has one of those shards. I think a visit may well be in order.
Malbarad stood still just inside the doorway to the chamber.

Lucas suddenly felt a subtle string of tension fill the room. Oh no!

He hurried into the room that Arylett was in. He walked over to her, and whispered something into her ear. "Would you like a milkshake, Your Highness?"

The previously fuming Queen sighed.

Oh that Lucas... he always knew... he always knew.

"Yes... I would... very much appreciate it."

She put her head down, feeling a sudden headache befall her. There was a twinge, a twinge of pain going through her left eye and then to her head. This had happened when she was stressed out. Arylett rubbed her head.

"I'm sorry..."

"Holy S***. I've never seen you burst out like that, my queen, if you would like to do this OK, but I have the most experiences whit this sort of thing. Along with finances I am also good at foreign policy too. I can see Moonland from my back yard after all."

((+5 points to all who get the refrence))

((I get the reference. Unfortunately. So, in your opinion, you're saying that you know nothing about foreign policy? Nice.))
Lucas ran into the next room. He quickly procured a milkshake - chocolate, of course - from the ingredients that he always kept with him. He rushed back in. "Here you are, Your Queenlyness. He handed the milkshake to Arylett.

((I don't get the reference.))

It appeared to be time for Sapphire's scouting duty, and she headed outside with Negai and Hoshikaze. Hoshikaze gave a happy screech but, like most akitas, Negai stayed quiet, just wagging his curled tail happily.

"Hoshikaze, see if you can spot any intruders," Sapphire said once she was pretty close to the border. "Negai, scent for foreign people."

Obediently, her animals obeyed, the golden eagle soaring high. Negai lifted his nose, and walked along the ground for a moment.

In about five minutes, Hoshikaze returned. She appeared to sigh once. It was a good sign.

"No suspicious people at the moment. Good. We'll check again in two hours or so." She returned casually to her home.

((Crap I'm missing a lot. And +5 for reference! Nice use of Palinism, Philly ;D))
Oooohface floated over to the castle, and bowed down to the queen. "Your HRAness, I would like to report the Arylettcandy stock is going up by 1000%!" He grabbed a candy, unwrapped it, and ate it.

(I coloured my Queen Arylett picture. Here.)

Arylett carefully sipped the chocolate milkshake, feeling her nerves soothed slightly by the cool sweet chocolately taste slowly making its way down her throat.

She kept sipping, feeling her nerves calming...

And calmer...

And calmer...

Aaah... that was it.

She had soon drained the glass of its contents.

"Thank you Lucas." The Queen then smiled at him. Her flushed face had been now devoid of heat. It had returned to its normal colour. She handed the flask back to him.

Arylett turned to look at Prince Oooohface, her dark eyes observing the pale spirit. "Very good! The more Arylettcandy, the better. I am pleased, Prince Oooohface." Feeling back to her old self again, she took out several small oddly shaped gold metallic bits and handed them to the ghostly presence. "There's *60 for a job well done!"

...But something... just something pricked the smiling Queen in the back of the mind... a darkness... an anger had escaped from her. It was... it was the evil... the evil within her heart. She clutched the necklace hidden underneath her dress carefully, her smile quickly fading to an expression of contemplation... the Horrid Thing... it was still out there...

And even then... even when some of the darkness had escaped from her in the form of the Horrid Thing...

...She knew that much evil still remained within her heart.

Cas gave a quiet, exasperated sigh. The King and Queen were arguing again. He waited for them to cool down, and then spoke to Arylett. "What is it you wish to consult me about?" he asked. "I'm not too sure myself what this visitor wants, other than information on the Golden Shards and some... creatures."

He turned his head to the side slightly and looked into Arylett's eyes. He saw a vague darkening in them, a solemn expression of deep thought. He knew that expression - she was thinking about the Horrid Thing.

"I think that we should all take a trip to Ionia. It would be a good vacation for all of us. And we could help this ranger."

Sapphire thought about going out again a few hours later, but then again, Arylettopia was a peaceful place. But since she lived near the border anyway, she could probably let Hoshikaze circle around a few times, just in case...

((Thanks for starting the RP Arylett. I got grounded and didn't have time to say so. And who said there were always internal conflicts in Moon Land?))

King ChaosTres arose from the cold, hard ground. Why am I not in my bed? he thought, arising. Oh, yes, I'm in the Secret Room. He quickly teleported into his chambers and got re-dressed for the day. He didn't know how, but he could always tell when it was day or night, even in Moon Land. He looked out the window and noticed a crowd of people in front of the main entryway, so he jumped out the window, gracefully falling, and landed on his two feet. "What is going on here?!" he demanded.

Timcyduch saw a man jump from a window of a building up ahead and challenge them.
"We seek the ruler of this land," he called out in response

"Hmmm? Oh, Who may you be? Oh, I have forgotten my manners. I am King ChaosTres of this Land of Moon Land. Why have you come here so early with only a handful of troops? It's dangerous. Please, come inside with me and we can continue in private." The man rushed together, and led the other inside.

((I think that it was TP that said it first, and I built on it))

She couldn't quite hear what Arylett and the others were talking about, so Kinova slumped back into her seat with an irritated "hmmph". She watched them out of the room and began peering around the room, partly to check out people's outfits and partly to see if any of them was doing anything interesting to pass the time.

They weren't.

Bored, Kinova pulled a notepad and pencil from her pocket and doodled a stick figure in a triangular dress and a top hat. She was just drawing a crude flower print on the dress and giving the figure a scythe to hold when she realised there was someone peering over her shoulder. She turned, and the courtier behind her raised his eyebrows, nodding towards the notepad. He didn't look remotely impressed.

"Er... excuse me." Kinova said, stuffing the notepad back into her pocket as descreetly as she could (not very), stood up and moved to a seat on the other side of the hall.

Back
Top Bottom