• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

what on earth does this even mean?

Well, it's one of those Fighting-types that fight like humans and use professional techniques and stuff, and Fire-types tend to act more like wild animals. Yes, I'm weird.

As for the hair, there might not be anything wrong about guys with long hair, but I just expect girls to have longer hair. I understand it in the Shinx line's case because they're lions, but this is different.

And the next entity shall be the mighty fearsome... Wait, who's number 594?

127px-594Alomomola.png

Argh.

Alomomola... Nice name creation.

Shouldn't it be special biased?

Its White Pokédex entry says it embraces wounded Pokémon. But how does it embrace them with those fins? It sounds more like a Jellicent thing.

Usually hard to find, but annoying when you are looking for Jellicent because of EVs. Makes me think something like: Go away, tough-scaled fish, your feeble mind cannot grasp my weird motives.

Last edited:
It's... actually sort of pretty and nice-looking. Like a Pokémon you'd expect to see in a Contest. I'll have to keep it in mind. I've never used one, so I have no clue what it's like. But yay ocean sunfish.

at least it's not dying behind my house

It's pretty.
Also, I'm still trying to figure out why people thought the Luvdisc -> Alamomola thing. The only things they have in common are the color and fishiness.

And the heart shapeness is also a similarity between Luvdisc and Alomomola. Seriously, Alomomola looks like a Luvdisc with added features. (Poor Luvdisc doesn't have any redeeming qualities, other than its cry being short.)

Alomomola is one of four Pokemon whose name is a palindrome...So yeah. That.

I like Alomomola because they're based off of sunfish (seriously, its scientific name is mola mola) and sunfish just look silly. :D

All of you are spelling it wrong.
It's Alomamola.

damn fish, always soaking mah pokemon, always being a solo cleric.

For those wondering about why Luvdisc doesn't evolve into Alomomola, I think this link might explain that well. (You'll have to scroll down a bit, though.)

Never noticed that its name was a palindrome before!

Uh, Alomomola's alright. Haven't used one before and the design isn't my favorite. I do appreciate the it being based off a sunfish, though.

damn fish, always soaking mah pokemon, always being a solo cleric.

What's bad about it healing your Pokémon or making them resistant to its own moves?

Oh me, this thread is going inactive. The next Pokémon will be...
180px-509Purrloin.png

Purrloin.

It's an evil cat that steals people's stuff stuff. I don't like when cats are evil.

Also the first of the two-stage cat lines that isn't a Normal-type.

Well, at least it's a better cat than Skitty. But I still prefer Glameow.

And Liepard seems less evil to me..

Last edited:
Purrloin, so cool and cute-looking.

Anyways, this should be a good Pokemon:

Cofagrigus

Cofagrigus

Weirdest Pokemon ever. Weird look, weird name, and all. (try saying Cofagrigus ten times fast). Still a cool Pokemon.

High Def Ghost. I 'unno, haven't used/raised one, and it's not a design I find intriguing. Plus the one anime episode with them kind of creeped me out... i.e. It was walking face up with it's four hands arched in a way that rreminded me of the "Unborn" movie trailer...

I despise Alomamola. Too many memories with Sweet Kiss Luvdisc.

Purrloin is meh to me, it just seems to be the one half of dark pokemon that are mammals. Skitty > Purrloin

Cofragrigus! God I love that thing. It's one of the few pokemon known to attack and even kill humans. I remember seeing it's artwork for the first time. It was love at first sight.

Used one in my nuzlocke. It was weak as anything. Quite disappointing, if it could have a higher sp attack it would be brilliant.

I'm not very fond of the design. It's a nice concept, but the design clashes a bit, and I feel like the hands are more cartoony than menacing. That said, it's not /bad/, per se, but I've seen better.

As a fighter, it's a great physical wall in the lower tiers. A nice Trick Room Nasty Plotter, too, or you could go the Calm Mind route to patch up its less-than-ideal sp. def.

It's really hard to take Cofagrigus seriously when it has that GET IN MA BELLEH look.

but seriously, it looks awesome, but it doesn't look like a killer. And I hate its ability. So annoying.

And you have to nickname it to trade it because the censor sees CoFAGgrigus and labels it offensive.

It's rather strange that Lenora doesn't have Ghost-types instead of Normal-types, being a mysterious archeologist from a region where thwo Ghost lines look like ancient artifact.

The stats make sense for a sarcophagus with four ghostly legs sticking out of it. It's like a Shuckle with tentacles made of ectoplasm.

And it eats grave robbers. Sort of reminds me of Victreebel, which eats jungle explorers. Might eat archeologists as well...

It's rather strange that Lenora doesn't have Ghost-types instead of Normal-types, being a mysterious archeologist from a region where thwo Ghost lines look like ancient artifact.

And it eats grave robbers. Sort of reminds me of Victreebel, which eats jungle explorers. Might eat archeologists as well...

This is WHY she doesn't have Ghost Pokémon. She used to, but then a Cofagrious ate her children, and she's been a normal gym leader ever since.

Hmm, today's Pokemon.
I would say today's shall be: Banette

Banette

A cool ghost type, though very creepy looking.

Woo, Frisk/Thief.

Essentially the perfect way to find items in game such as Thick CLubs, Dragon Scales and such (Gen IV onwards). I like the design, it's the best way to take the creepy cuteness of shuppet, and amplify the creepiness. I still can safely say that this ghost is not a huge favorite of mine, there are too many others competing there.

Also, go to DA and search up Gnasher and Banette. The results should be quite interesting.

Back
Top Bottom