• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fave bands/artists?

Elton John, Jimmy Buffet, Aerosmith, Queen, Dave Mustaine, Johnny Cash, and Crush 40 are some of my favorites. I also like listening to some videogame soundtracks.

Too many I like, no real favorites. Just gonna put that out there. If I -had- to choose...

Nightwish
Sonata Arctica
Disturbed
Rammstein
Adele
Renard
Breaking Benjamin
Skillet
Avenged Sevenfold
A Day to Remember

And so on and on and on.

I like RURUTIA, Utada Hikaru, Sakamoto Maaya, Vienna Teng, Noe Venable and school food punishment! Oops two or three of those are extremely obscure.

At the moment I'm pretty into Laura Marling!

Nightwish, Within Temptation, Sonata Arctica, Trans-Siberian Orchestra, Linkin Park, Chevelle, We Are The Ocean, Utada Hikaru, A Perfect Circle, Three Days Grace, Hedley, Asian Kung Fu Generation and... all the bands I can think of at the moment.

I also adore basically anything produced by the Homestuck music team and I also am a huge fan of a ton of video game soundtracks, which probably don't count in this thread and thus cripple my playlist.

AC/DC
Adam Lambert
Aki Toyosaki
Amberian Dawn
Avantasia
Avenged Sevenfold
Black Sabbath
Black Tide
Children of Bodom
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Deep Purple
Dio
DragonForce
Guns n' Roses
HammerFall
Helloween
Iron Maiden
Journey
Judas Priest
Led Zeppelin
Megadeth
Metallica
Muse
Nightwish
Radiohead
Rainbow
Rhapsody of Fire
Slayer
Soundgarden
Testament
Within Temptation

The only artists/bands I listen to anymore:

Tori Amos (also my idol, source of inspiration, role model, etc.)
The Magnetic Fields (Stephin Merritt my back-up idol)
Draconian
PJ Harvey
Ani DiFranco
My Bloody Valentine
Epica
Faun
Therion
M.I.A.
The Birthday Massacre
Collide
Garbage
Scarling.
This Mortal Coil
Cocteau Twins
Jakalope
Sonic Youth
The Gothic Archies
Whirr
Asobi Seksu

And nothing else.

In no particular oredr:
The Beatles
REM
Stone Temple Pilots
Led Zeppelin
Rage Against The Machine
Metallica
Rammstien
They Might Be Giants
Green Day
INXS
Living Colour
Aerosmith
Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young
The Who
Linkin Park
Eminem
Soundgarden
The White Stripes
EDIT:Dire Straits

Those are all the one that come to mind at the moment, though I'm sure as soon as I post this I'll think of another one. :P

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure I'm a minority here, haha.
In no particular order:

Taylor Swift
Sara Bareilles
Ingrid Michaelson
Jason Mraz
Colbie Caillat
Carrie Underwood
Coldplay
The Script
The Fray
Train
Bruno Mars
Jaymay
A Fine Frenzy
Eminem
Meiko
Matt Nathanson
Daughtry
Plain White T's
John Mayer
Green Day
Michelle Branch
Maroon 5
Norah Jones
Lady Antebellum
Schuyler Fisk
Jason Derulo
Parachute
OneRepublic
We the Kings

Just realized what a random assortment that is =P

EDIt: Forgot Boys Like Girls ~

Last edited:
Tarvos likes Celine Dion. I am happy now.

ABBA
The Beatles
Pink Floyd
Emilie Autumn
Nightwish
Lady Gaga

JE TE JETTERAI DES SORTS POUR QUE TU M'AIMES ENCORE

In all fairness, she has a great voice. Why would I not enjoy Celine Dion? It's pretty close-minded not to enjoy something that good...

Last edited:
I really like indie music, alternative/punk/grunge rock, and some pop as well... some of my faves are Death Cab for Cutie, Foster the People, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Adele, Lana del Rey, Nirvana, Paramore, Muse, Lily Allen, The Killers... the list goes on!

I shall not make a list, as it would be too long.

Lets just say that it expands from groups such as Disturbed, Metallica, DeadMau5, Daft Punk, Avenged Sevenfold, and several others. ADD helps ensure that my music preference is consistantly changing...

I can get on board with most of Everglider's picks :)

My favourites:

ABBA
Amy Macdonald
Barenaked Ladies
Bowling for Soup
Bruce Springsteen
Bryan Adams
David Bowie
David Gray
Eagles
Ellie Goulding
Elton John
Florence + the Machine
Frank Turner
Guster
Ingrid Michaelson
James Taylor
Jonsi
Lifehouse
Mumford and Sons
Muse
Oasis
Owl City
Phil Collins
Radiohead
R.E.M.
Scissor Sisters
Snow Patrol
The Beatles
The Cure
The Decemberists
The Flaming Lips
The Killers
U2
Vanessa Carlton
Vertical Horizon
Vienna Teng

...Although lately I've mostly been listening to episodes of Cabin Pressure and songs from Horrible Histories.

I don't really know, my tastes in music is some awful concoction of classic rock, bits of nineties, musicials, some video-gamey music, and almost anything and everything that is intended to be laughably bad. I'm a fan of Dire Straights, Paul Simon, and after that my ability with band names is lost and I resort to lyrics to describe them. It's kind of sad.

Favourite genre: desert rock. I like most of the "lighter" Palm Desert bands. Queens of the Stone Age has been my favourite band for years; I also like Them Crooked Vultures, The Desert Sessions, Orquesta del Desierto, some of Mondo Generator's stuff.

I'm also a big fan of Ástor Piazzolla's tango music, and Yann Tiersen's soundtracks.

Back
Top Bottom