• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Homosexuality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. Couldn't help making a jab ^^

But yeah, I have to disagree with you Eevee about the prejudice thing. After all, the reason for believing that such-and-such is an evil thing could be just as simple as, well, crap being stuffed down ones throat until they agree with that viewpoint

Eevee, you must remember, this IS Religion you are talking about. So them accepting homosexuality somewhat is more like, "Good job Billy! Your grade just went from a 0% to a 51%! Now you can take off your dunce cap and join the rest of the class!"

go generalizations go whoop whoop

Should gay people get married why the hell not? Better yet maybe we should outlaw kids under 25 to get married I mean satisticly 75% of marriges of people between the ages of 18 and 25 end in divorce and its costing people money.

It's still personal prejudice at the end of the day. If, upon reaching a certain age, you still keep to the views of your parents then ... it's your fault. As soon as you become old enough to make your own decisions about, you know, what you personally believe then you become responsible for those beliefs.

Try envisioning this entire situation as if you were me, except instead of orientation it's about something equally stupid like eye color.
"Well, I think having your color eyes is evil, but everyone should still try to treat you the same!"

I see where you're coming from, but comparing eye color to sexual orientation doesn't make sense.

Debating sure is fun, eh kids?

I see where you're coming from, but comparing eye color to sexual orientation doesn't make sense.
Then no, you don't see where I'm coming from. Make it some arbitrary preference if you want. Favorite color. For even more accuracy, how about preference in hair color in the opposite sex? Some people like brunettes, some people like blondes, some people like redheads, and that's just how they are for no particular reason. Whatever.

Sexual orientation is not special. It's just one of a multitude of sexual preferences, and just one of a far more mundane preferences.

Debating sure is fun, eh kids?

No. It makes total sense. Your eye colour is something you're born with - so is homosexuality. It's something that you can't change.

So if gay people pray real hard can they stop being gay.
Or do they have to wear elastic bands and snap them whenever they find a person of the same sex attractive, look at trees, receive erotic nude massages and rubdowns like the ex-gay movement advocates.

So if gay people pray real hard can they stop being gay.
Or do they have to wear elastic bands and snap them whenever they find a person of the same sex attractive, look at trees, receive erotic nude massages and rubdowns like the ex-gay movement advocates.

That's not what I said; I said it hasn't been scientifically proven that people are born gay.

Is it a choice? Then they can choose not to be gay.
Are they turned gay? Then they can turn themselves straight.
Since this is impossible to make a homosexual straight, I'll assume it's in your DNA if you're gay~

That's not what I said; I said it hasn't been scientifically proven that people are born gay.

Well, darn. How'd you know I woke up three years ago and was all "Hey, from now on I'll be bisexual! :D:D:D:D" No. For those who've experienced it, that's all the scientific proof you need.

On the flip side: There's no scientific proof you're born straight. :o

That, my friend, is an opinion - it hasn't been proven that people are born gay. Not that I think it isn't possible, but as of now, that's how it is.
oh we'll bust out with the science when it's convenient eh

I see how it is

I don't even care to get into this argument because it's completely irrelevant; trying to defend homosexuality as "well it's innate" implies that there's something wrong with it in the first place

unless you have an argument to the contrary, I see no reason why my earlier comparison should not hold: sexual orientation is merely a preference like any other. whether you can up and decide to prefer something else is a red herring.

a) doesn't matter if I chose to be gay or not (I didn't)
b) people should have rights whether or not they "decided" to become gay
c) i hate stupidity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom