• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Instruments

Piano, then I plan on going to the harp, and then cello. Classical instruments are the greatest.

That's pretty good (picking up songs on piano)! And, well, the harp is a complicated instrument, I think. And an awesome one, but. Point is you'd probably have had to "try harder" for a few more years before you were satisfied enough that you sounded decent. :

By "picking up" I mean "knowing which area of the keyboard the notes are" and by "songs" I mean five-note jingles.

I can play a small, children's keyboard that says all the notes on it for you. And can only play "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" on it. Otherwise...

I can play absolutely nothing. I sort of wanted to learn something when I was little, but the lessons/instruments were expensive. I've considered teaching myself something, but I don't have the faintest clue how music even works, and I have better ways to waste hours on end in the name of art X3

That. Kinda wish I could, but I get the feeling that it would really confuse me with all that note-learning stuff. I accidentally took a choir class once and they tried to teach me musical notes... and it went waaaay over my head. Guess I'm not really designed for that sorta stuff.

Playing piano (Or any instrument, though with the more strings it has, it's herder to do) by ear is a valuable skill, and much easier than learning notes and the staff, if you're not musically inclined that way.

Learning to play guitar. At current I am awful. I'm learning music notation alongside it, which is apparently a terrible way to learn, but it's really not stopping me.

When I was younger I began learning the piano! But then we moved and I couldn't use my granny's one any more. :c

I can play precisely... none! I AM REALLY TALENTED GUYS

Just kidding, I can't keep a beat to save myself. I just get mixed up because I have absolutely no co-ordination at all. It's a wonder I can even tie my shoes sometimes.

Played the clarinet when I was little; I never found it very interesting, so I eventually quit, and now I've forgotten how to play it.

I've taught myself some piano, drums and accordion, but I'm not particularly good at any of them.

We have to learn piano/keyboard as part of our curriculum, so I'm okay-ish at that, and I've taken up guitar, which I still suck at.

I play the drums, although I haven't practiced much recently. My dad plays the drums, as well.

I used to play the piano, but I find it really difficult to read notation so I don't anymore.

Learning to play guitar. At current I am awful. I'm learning music notation alongside it, which is apparently a terrible way to learn, but it's really not stopping me.

When I was younger I began learning the piano! But then we moved and I couldn't use my granny's one any more. :c

Eh? I find that learning standard musical notation is just as important as tablature for guitar.

At any rate, my main instrument is flute. I'm also proficient to some degree or another on piano, saxophone, and clarinet. I know a fair few guitar chords.

I've been playing the cello for five years and the flute for three years. Both at the same time. hehe.

I've been playing the cello for five years and the flute for three years. Both at the same time. hehe.

If it is as you claim, then I am quite impressed
Because what you've said would appear to suggest
That while one hand plays cello and holds up your bow,
The other plays flute, so you're your own duo!

But all joking aside, I've played a song or two.
Though my Euphonium days mostly stopped with High School.
I have learned recorder (though I've all but forgot),
And I'm trying piano (though good, I am not).
I'm more of a singer, when it's all said and done.
Though I don't do it often, it can be quite fun.

Vixie ♥;475505 said:
Eh? I find that learning standard musical notation is just as important as tablature for guitar.

At any rate, my main instrument is flute. I'm also proficient to some degree or another on piano, saxophone, and clarinet. I know a fair few guitar chords.

I've never found much use for notation.

Back
Top Bottom