• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

League Championship 2011

That'd be interesting, but would we have to fight with our own team? I'd get thrashed by anyone who had fully evolved pokemon.

(I do have my sableye, but if it's like a three on three I'd have to use unevolved ones.)

Wouldn't the late/loser's bracket happen after Round 3, not Round 2? After Round 2 there will be ten competitors remaining. That will make it 13 with the late bracket. After Round 3 there will be 5 remaining, and 8 with the late bracket winners.

That'd be interesting, but would we have to fight with our own team? I'd get thrashed by anyone who had fully evolved pokemon.

(I do have my sableye, but if it's like a three on three I'd have to use unevolved ones.)

Actually, I would like using my own pokémon, even unevolved. The difference between NFE and fully evolved pokémon is shallow when compared to the actual video games.

No plans for a loser's bracket. Unfortunately, there really isn't the time/resources to have all those additional battles. If there's room in the late bracket, it will be open both to people who didn't get to participate in the initial first round and to people who played in the tournament but lost, but there isn't likely to be room for that.

Wouldn't the late/loser's bracket happen after Round 3, not Round 2? After Round 2 there will be ten competitors remaining. That will make it 13 with the late bracket. After Round 3 there will be 5 remaining, and 8 with the late bracket winners.
The late bracket happens simultaneously with round two. Thus, you get five winners from round two and three from the late bracket, which together make up the eight participants in the third round.

But there will be ten winners from round two won't there? Unless my math skills are horrible the first round will yield 20 winners, and so the second round will have ten people moving on.

The late bracket happens simultaneously with round two. Thus, you get five winners from round two and three from the late bracket, which together make up the eight participants in the third round.

Won't round two end with ten winners? I see forty people on the participants list, which leaves twenty after round one and ten after round two. o.o

EDIT: Er, apparently I had this tab open forever so I didn't see Ampharos's post but yeah.

Right, shifted that around a bit. I'm going to mess with the prizes a bit later on, too; they're a bit generous right now.

Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to, if you got far enough to get a dream world ability pokemon, have a pokemon you already have get its dream world ability instead?

Ehrn the late Bracket comes round, is there enough space/water for say..... a Gyarados?
Gyarados don't need water. Yes, there would be enough space.

Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to, if you got far enough to get a dream world ability pokemon, have a pokemon you already have get its dream world ability instead?
Eh, maybe. I'll consider it.

Out of curiosity... how would you be able to get a Zen Mode Darmanitan through that purchase?
What purchase? You mean if you gave a pokémon you already had a dream world ability? Nothing special; I'd just change your darmanitan's ability.

Maybe he means the DW pokemon prizes? like if you won the two rounds that award it, you'd only get one DW pokemon, not two?

Back
Top Bottom