• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Misreadings and stuff

"Satellite likely in ocean" as "Santa likely in ocean"

...Maybe if he was joyriding in his sleigh and crashed or something?

Magneton as misinformation, and also:

Invited to be honored onstage as invited to be held hostage.

... How, exactly, would you be invited to do so?

Invited to be honored onstage as invited to be held hostage.

... How, exactly, would you be invited to do so?

Maybe a mock thing for police/S.W.A.T./ect. to practice what to do in a hostage situation?

Or a thing for rich people on how to react to being held hostage, idk.

See one time, there was nothing on, so i wathed an old episode of spongebob (the old episodes are better, though)

and there was one line that said

"Part 2? Part2part2part2part2part2!"

I thought it said;

"Cartoon? Cartooncartooncartooncartoon!!"

and another time like this;

"R2? R2R2R2R2!"

^In my Health class, the teacher has a weird way of writing, so almost every time I read the words on the board that say "I Have A Dream", I misread it as "I Have An Orgasm" 0_0

"Affordable" as "adorable"

Adorable housing? I guess that could work. A cute little cottage in the woods or something.

I occasionally read "pedestrian" as "Presbyterian." Yeah.

"Don't run over the Presbyterians!"

... Sometimes, against all logic, I miss driver's ed.

"You're welcome" as "You're awesome".
:D

Also had a disturbing one earlier today: the text said "what do you say when you hit your thumb?" I read it as "when you hit your testicle" (yes, as in singular)

Last edited:
On some pictures on a wall:
Hey, a giant pear. It's almost as big as the pile of dirt under it.
Oh, that's a hedgehog, and it's not that far in the background.

On a paper with a red text on a yellow and white background:
A white spade. Interesting.
No, it's a diamond. That makes more sense being white.
Wait, so I mistook it for the symbol of the opposite quadrant.

I constantly misread STAB (Same-Type Attack Bonus) as SATB (Soprano Alto Tenor Baritone; iirc it refers to a chorus/choir that contains all of those), and vice versa.

aaand today I misheard 'Protestant' as 'prostitute' for a split second

I was walking today and I passed two people, I overheard this, and I think I was wrong but "Alice in Wonderland is in Sarah Jane's pants."

Back
Top Bottom