• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NaNoWriMo 2008

Are you taking part this year?

• Total voters
BAH D:

I've written two thousand words on my friend's laptop, and she hasn't emailed them to me yet. So my nanobar is just an eyesore until I actually get those words... It was interesting actually. :3 I was at a debate tournament... and she had a laptop... and I waited until twelve at night and started writing the minute the clock turned. I wrote for an hour, exceeded the daily requirement, and then went to sleep.

Ah, what the heck. I'll just continue on this computer about where I left off and wait until tomorrow to bug her about it.

Two fire alarms, they could not stop me today.

Mmm, two pages describing the exchange system of a city where money grows into trees.

Edit: Involuntary twitch, they don't even have the word validator working yet, so you just enter the number of words you've done and it'll compute your total--you don't actually need to provide proof that you've written anything.

Ugh, I don't want to wriiite.

Why is it that all my interesting scenes/characters have to occur/appear later? How am I supposed to write a romance novel between a computer and an iPhone knockoff if all I have now is some heartless computer, some lamp that only applears like three times in the story, a sociopathic lunatic (he was just supposed to be a conspiracy theorist, wtf?), and various appliances with little semblance to real people character-wise. Oh yeah, and I didn't mean to do it, but there's a lot of human-bashing (Humans spend all their time worrying about crap) and conspiracy/government-hating bashing (they're blaming other people) which I honestly didn't mean to do. My story is really one-sided now and I hope my lunatic won't go off the deep end in the second chapter.
D:

1,602 words. I couldn't even write for like 3/4s of the day because I had a picnic/party/project. I still have stupid homework to do.

*shrug* Write them first anyway.

That's what I'm doing.

Hell, it's my only hope. I can't think of stories in a linear fashion, I've discovered. Just write whatever comes to mind, and then squeeze the stuff that comes in between in there when it comes to you.

shiiit I'm still not sure about what to write.
I mean I have a ton of projects but they don't seem to work. And they're all bloody unoriginal.
I have one story about a vicar and a freelance artist in a controlling, sadistic relationship. Great, not like it's been done a million times. Maybe not the specifics, but the general idea.
I also have another idea about an actor in the 19th century but it's just as shitty.
uuugghhh

... wait, I just but "1672" into the "edit novel info" thing and it's not showing up on the bar in my sig. :/
EDIT: oh there we go 83
EDIT2: aack it's doing it again :[ I updated my count to 3366 like twenty minutes ago, and it isn't uploading onto the bar. @_@ Help please?

Last edited:
*facepalm* WTF is wrong with me. I'm 1684 words into the damn story and now I want to change my plot!! And I'm not even sure if my POV is right for this story. Ugh. Well, on the bright side, I'm glad I can change it now instead of 30,000 words in. BUT I'M NOT GIVING UP! I determined that last night when I only had about 100 words until I passed the 1,667 mark and I couldn't think of a damned thing. This is going to be one fun month.

My story's about dragons. :o I came up with the plot about three months ago and was planning on writing it until I realized that I could pull it off for a NaNo. The original plot is based off a mix of a dream I had, a plot that I made up as a result of the dream and a random half-plot I came up with for something else and it's going to be epiiiiic <3

(and can anyone help me with the nanobar problem? D:)

(and can anyone help me with the nanobar problem? D:)
I think it just takes time. Before I shut my computer down for the night, I updated my word count and waited for it to change in my nanobar. It didn't change, so I shut down. But when I got on this morning it was right.

gah I've already fallen behind >< I'LL MAKE IT UP I SWEAR

so I've gotten to the event where the main plot is set in motion

the norse gods are having a party and they're all drunk

big tip: drunken scenes are fun to write and they can up your word count with all the made-up words and repetitions drunken people make.

also it sets up the hangover, which itself can be hilarious.

I think it just takes time. Before I shut my computer down for the night, I updated my word count and waited for it to change in my nanobar. It didn't change, so I shut down. But when I got on this morning it was right.

Yeah, but last time I updated it it updated in like five minutes. o.o

Yeah, but last time I updated it it updated in like five minutes. o.o

I don't know why, but it might just be the servers of the sight, and you might have updated the first time when it wasn't so busy. But look! It changed! =]

I would do it, this is the sort of thing i'm good at, i'm persistant enough but school is gonna seriously get in the way, I have a seriously good idea for it as well.

I get an old friend to form an small account on a website like say Youtube. It starts off crap, but behind the scenes the stuff that my character does makes it to internet celebrities.

Look i'm no good at explaining plots, never have been but grrr.... the result would've been so cool!

Its told through internet messages.

I'll do it next year and get a head of it.

I'll try though

It usually takes me about two hours to get to the daily minimum, but it could be because of the beginning parts.

... Of course, it probably needs some serious editing time in December. I just need to let go of my perfectionism for a while, so there's a story to edit at all. Some parts are great already, so that makes it easier to stand.

My friend is not doing so well. But she says she definitely won't quit, so yay.

I really need to stop, you know, overusing commas

[Insert more talking to myself]

How do you get a NaNoWriMo bar into your sig? I'm doing it this year (known as Arcana), and I have 2119 words and 6 pages. But I'm wondering about the bar.

Add [*nanobar]usernumber[/*nanobar] to your signature, without the asterisks. ^^

Currently at 2412; my goal for today is to reach 3500. Should probably take me about an hour... *goes to write*

Back
Top Bottom