• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Should there be anime only pokemon

Should the anime have pokemon that are not going to be put into a game

• No

Votes: 57 91.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
The manga is way off from the anime, but it's a bit closer to the games.

Wasn't there an actual example of this happening? Well, somewhat... "Venustoise" (one of the rumored "pokegods") actually appears I think, but it's some kind of illusion caused by a Gastly or some shit.

Yes, yes there was. It was an anime only monster. And then there is also Porygon Zero, the proto-type of porygon that looked the same except for a "0" on its head and team rocket's flag on its tail. And the poor thing happened to be in the same situation as the real Porygon. :sad:

This is probably one of the worst ideas I've heard.

If there were animé-exclusive Pokémon, that'd cause complaints to GameFreak about people who wanted to catch their new favourite exclusive Pokémon. The same would happen vice-vera. If these exclusive Pokémon got a mention in game then non-anime watchers would be confused about the idea of where all of these new names came from.

On top of that, it would completely screw up catching and evolving every single Pokémon. Pokédex: "#512 is missing data. Error, only in Pokémon anime."

Yes. This is a bad idea. :/

All I wanted to say has been said already. It's a terrible idea, it would confuse people, it would cause lots of fake cheats and confusion, and way more people play the games. There is no reason to ever do this. Ever.

One word: Venastoise.

While technically a splice, I always wished you could get one in the games. v_v

For me, it was the same with Surfing Pikachu, until I found out you could get them through events. Then I was sad because I'd never get to go to those events. T_T

I'm gunna say I'm all for it. Atleast it'd mak the anime slightly more interesting.

Have you read the rest of the thread yet?

It'd remove the 'catch 'em all' factor. Rabid fans would see the new one in the anime and want to get in in their games. It'd spawn tons of fake cheats.

It's a terrible idea.

Have you read the rest of the thread yet?

It'd remove the 'catch 'em all' factor. Rabid fans would see the new one in the anime and want to get in in their games. It'd spawn tons of fake cheats.

It's a terrible idea.
If you can name one ingame source that says the whole point is to catch em all, I might change my views. Don't like fake cheats, ignore them. I do not see how these two "issues" that you seem to be implying matter. Fake cheats are ignorable and it's not even possible to "catch am all" anyways what with event-only Pokemon and the like.

I think, quite honestly, that this is an awful idea. I don't mean to be mean, and I hope you don't take it personally, but anime-only Pokémon would be a corruption of the ones in the games.

If you can name one ingame source that says the whole point is to catch em all, I might change my views. Don't like fake cheats, ignore them. I do not see how these two "issues" that you seem to be implying matter. Fake cheats are ignorable and it's not even possible to "catch am all" anyways what with event-only Pokemon and the like.

Professor Oak asks you (and your rival) to catch every pokemon in RBY and FRLG, and when you get the national 'dex in FRLG, your rival tells you on Six or Seven Island that you can't catch every pokemon by staying in that region, but that he was going to continue to try and catch all of them at his own pace.

The fact that your pokedex is rated by how many pokemon you have caught (except in DP) and not how many you've seen is another point.

Not to mention Pokemon's "Gotta Catch 'Em All!" slogan is what's spurred on the want to catch every pokemon ingame. Not everyone wants to anymore, but a lot of people still do, especially when we get a fresh batch of pokemon. So having anime-only pokemon would piss a lot of people off.

Hell no, the animé is based off of the games, all this would do would make people think that they are actually in the game...

We have enough filler episodes nobody likes already. Why should we add more Pokémon just for it? If we're adding exclusive Pokémon, they should be for the games.

Back
Top Bottom