• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Tales of TCoD

Brock exited the throne room and went down the stairs to the main level. He traveled a distanced and heard movement. He made Black Ant go underground and Crow hide in the trees. He hid int the bushes. There he caught sight of something. It was Steele. He was about to say something, when he noticed Patar. Brock did not trust Patar much. He always seemed to be interested in master Exo. He decided to watch.

Steele silently walked over to Patar, doing a gesture similar to tipping a hat. His way of saying "'sup?".

He heard a rustle in the bushes, causing him to sprawl and reach for the pistol at his belt. Volenscer took a fighting stance, flaring up. They waited... and waited...

"Eh, nothing's there." Steele looked back to Patar, who asked "Do you have any idea where Exo is? I can't track the bastard." "Um... I dunno. I think he went to the Teacodlia Fortress, but if he's not there, I don't know where the hell he went." He jammed his pistol back into his holster, assuming no danger from the secret watchman in the bushes.

Joy...A museum.

Markku muttered to himself in his mind about his hate for long, boring places, along with multiple other thoughts floating around in his head. His silence throughout the entire briefing showed his enthusiasm about the whole situation.

Then again...We are at TCoD. There's bound to be something interesting. Markku sighed, bored. He took a minute to recap on what the briefing had been about. One: TCoD had been taken over. Two: the admins and mods were gone, or had lost power, or something. Three: we were going to try and save it. Didn't this sound extremely fortunate and pleasant?

Meh...Might as well start looking on the bright side of things instead of being so negative...

Flareth giggled slightly when James/Surskitty opened her mouth. She knew that American versions of British accents were usually wrong, but they still made her smile.

All because of television.

"Okay, a museum." she muttered, "There could be worse places we could be."

Satisfied at the people filling her group, Zora jumped off of the stage to join the two, hugging Markku tightly when she did. "Man, stop being so negative. If it's not interesting," she added under her breath "and I'll bet it won't be 'cause I'm not in there anymore..." after clearing her throat, she started speaking at normal volume again. "The two of us can make it interesting." she winked at him with just about the biggest grin on her face ever.

He's a good time, cowboy Casanova leanin' up against the record machiiiiiine~ He looks like a cool drink of water but he's candy-coated miseryyyy~ Oh come on, this song right now?

Chimani gave a sigh before returning to Zora's side and stretching out. She rolled her eyes at the redhead's words. "That is, if you two even get any alone time without being ransacked by one of the jackasses that took over... Or Flareth finding you."

She blinked.

Arylett rubbed her eyes in a nonplussed fashion for a moment, before she processed that they were going to the Art Museum. Well, she didn't really care one way or another, really. At least it was there and not in other places she'd rather not enter.

Then she watched Zora hug Markku. Whoa. When did he get there? She really needed to start paying more attention...

She rolled her eyes at the pair of them and then inclined her head towards the rest of the group who would be going with them. Not a bad turnout, she supposed.

Flora (who up until this moment had been quietly observing the meeting) happily followed Midnight, skipping along while her Totodile desperately clung to the top of her head. Inside, of course, she was freaking out.

what if we can't defeat Exo and his minions? The forums will be destroyed, and us too! she thought, stopping for a moment. Matt peeked down inquisitively, sensing that she wasn't feeling as happy as she was acting.

"Oh, I'm fine, Matt! Stop worrying!" she told the Totodile as she continued skipping.

Cryptica looked up towards Midnight as he mentioned that people would be placed into one of two groups. She didn't remember being put in Zora's group, so she must be in Midnight's group. In that case...

Midnight also directed that his own group would be heading to the Labyrinth of Insanity. Cryptica smiled; she always liked mazes better than museums anyway. This should be fun, trying to find a way out of the Insanity section. A nice challenge for a bored mind. She put her hand in an L shape and spun it around above her head as she had developed a habit when she was thinking.

As Midnight would raise his hand into the center of the map, then pulling down on it, it collapsing in and then falling outward into four seperate maps, as he would take two of them and hand them to zora, then hand one of his remaining two to flora.

"I would give that second one to someone else, Zora. In case something happens to you or the first map."

Then turning to the man with the horrible british accent he would say "You are free to join either group. I promise there will be no more horrible tea."

As he would then turn and walk to the wall to the left of the podium. Clapping his hands twice as two doors would open in this wall and the one opposite it. As he would then say "This door will take my group down into the labrinth. The other will take Zora's group out into the library. Be careful of wild statues."

With that statement he would walk through the door and carefully step onto the first step, decending down into the darkness.

Her accent's not that horrible! It's just very clearly fake-British. "By 'no more horrible tea', do you mean that all tea will be non-horrible or that there won't be tea?

"Also, they're probably just on vacation. It happens. Often with radio silence! No sane evil overlord would kill random people; it makes uprisings more likely. Sane evil overlords kill dissenters."

She looks down and scratches at her wig. Hm, hm, hm, where to go.... "Also, I, um --"

-- and zoom. Out of there like, well, a pseudo-anonymous mod checking on some people planning a coup to throw out the results of the last coup. They're probably going to get themselves banhammered.

Not that it really matters.

Shut up; she's incognito.

And that's the sound of a bored and slightly-moral mod skulking over to Team Art.

Stupid leaves.

"Hey, I got a snitch. Told me a secret that costs ya a pretty penny," Patar winked at Steele. Wolfy growled lowly. There was another sudden rustle in the grass. The wolf transformed into a cub and began to whimper. "Wolfy, it's okay. It's probably a rabbit or something like that." Wolfy stopped. HEY! I LIEK RABBITS BUT DEY DUNT HAVTA SCARE MEEE PAT! Oh god. Stupid animal telepathy. Gotta have to train him to stop that. HEEEYYY I HEARD DAT PAT SHADDUP BOUT IT! Jesus, what does it take to shut up a dog? A TWREET PATTY!

Teacodlia Fortress. The stupidest place in the forums. It's just a giant pit. With a castle on top of it. And vultures. And demons. Basically, a emo hole. Who the hell wants to live and rule in that emo corner? Oh yeah. Of course, Exo. And his stupid pets. Maybe there's some thing break over there... Exo's head, maybe?

"Hmmm... Thanks for the info. Oh. Hey, nasty cut you got there, Steele. Some bastard stab you or something?"

"This thing?" Steele inquired, pulling up his sleeve a bit more. "Nothing but a little scratch." He pulled his sleeve back down, watching Patar glare at Wolfy. Oh, animal telepathy. Stupid power. Wonder what Wolfy is whining about this time?

"Well, I'm outta here. I have to go back to base camp for my next mission. Wonder what the idiot wants me to do now? Probably fetch him some candy or something. Stupid Exo." He walked away, walking right by the bush that Brock was hidden in.

Brock watched Steele go right past him. Brock waited until Steele was out of earshot to blow his cover. He tauntingly asked "Well well well," he mused, "What do we have here? A little meeting? Planning a rebellion against Master Exo? Why do you always want to know about master Exo? Are you writing a book. If so, burn it. You can check Teacodlia Fortress, but you'd waste your time." he sneered. He did not reveal his puppets yet. And during his Recon, he had summoned Salamander to him.

Exo had been thinking since he dismissed Brock, and had come to one conclusion:

They would not find him. It did not matter if they were searching in the right area of the forum, and it wouldn't matter who they brought with them. One way or another, the rebels would be impeded by something that would prevent them from reaching Exo-Raikou.

Naturally, then, there was only one thing to do: save them the trouble of looking for him and go confront them himself.

He stood up, and grabbed his scythe as he did so. He motioned Inti and Quilla over to him, saying: "We're going. I don't want any delays in finding them."

He then calmly walked out of his throne room. After a moment's pause, Inti and Quilla exchanged a worried glance before flying after him.

Exo ran through the fortress, not caring if any of his underlings saw him. If they stopped him, he would admit his plan. If they questioned it, they would die. Plain and Simple.

It's all plain and simple.

Wow. Finally. At the damn fortress.

"STATE YOUR NAME AND REASON WHY YOU HAVE COME."

"TO F*** YOUR MOM. ITS PATAR DAMMIT. LET ME IN BEFORE I BEAT THE CRAP OUTTA YOU"

The gates began to open slowly, creaking with every inch. And there were a lot of inches. Wolfy whimpered. PATTY MAKE THE SCWARY NOISE STOP! Patar glared at him. Wolfy bared his teeth at him. Wandering in through the fortress, he saw a shadow, swiftly moving through the corridors. Wolfy barked sharply and transformed. Together, they chased after it.

"Whatta know. It's the lucky bastard himself, Exo. Whatcha doing outta ya hell hole anyway?"

Whatever it was, it was probably serious. Exo never took his scythe unless...

"AWWW DAMMIT! MASS KILLING? YOU'RE GONNA... Never mind."

Exo-Raikou looked over at the person that had called after him. It took him a few moments to recognize that it was Patar.

"I have reason to believe that the rebels are attempting to seek us out. I highly doubt that they can actually succeed in their plan, so I am going to find them and kill them myself."

He paused to let that sink in, and then began to run again toward the exit of the fortress, Inti and Quilla following him.

"Where have you chosen to look, rebels," he muttered, "wherever it is, it still will not make a difference..."

Brock glared at Steele. Steele glared back. Locked in their staring contest, the word "rebellion" echoed in his head. There is already a freaking rebellion you idiots! What do you think I am? Some sort of brainless double agent? Oh, yeah. That is what you think I am. -_-;

"Maybe I am," Steele arrogantly stated while taking a step to the right of Brock. "Maybe I'm not," he continued as he took another step to the right of Brock. "Either way, why does it matter to you? To Exo?" "You know pretty damn well." "Do I? Care to explain?" "Why are you acting like an unintelligent bein-" he was cut off by some sort of psychic force, choking him, forcing him to the ground. "It's about time, Volenscer," Steele scolded to his Quilava. "I told you, 'Extrasensory before the enemy can speak'."

Steele walked away, muttering something about how life sucks and that he should really get a new boss. Exo sucks. Speaking of Exo, I wonder if Patar found him yet?

Seek them out?

Wow. Some more bullcrap to worry about. Big rebellion and King Exo wants to stop it all himself. Blah, blah, blah. Stupid Exo. He couldn't finish them all off. He's out numbered. Even if Brock helped him out, they would be incinerated in a couple of minutes. Maybe a couple of seconds if they were tipped off... Tipped off? If Exo dies, then... Brock takes over? But if they both die, then the whole forums a free for all again and everyone will just end up dead.

Revenge is sweet. Sweet like a nice lollipop after a haircut. But the possibility of dying isn't so sweet. But then again, Exo has his scythe. Nobody knows what the heck that shit does. And if Exo doesn't die, I'll probably find a rebel's knife and kill him myself. Those rebels make pretty good knives. Steele's probably with Brock since he ain't here.

"So you kill them yourself or we back you up? 'Cause Brock ain't gonna let you go yourself."

Cryptica looked like she was going to start jumping up and down. "Labyrinth!" she called, dashing up behind Midnight like an overexcited dog. Lucidia tended to do that sometimes; she had practically copied that motion a few weeks ago, but more exaggerated and overboard. She wasn't going to pin Midnight to the ground like she had earlier. For a split second, Cryptica scowled, remembering her dream where she had pinned the chimera down and then proceeded to act no less like an overexcited dog. She hoped he wouldn't still be angry at her for that, if at all. She guessed that having a hundred pounds of happiness on top of you was not fun.

"Huh. Come along now, Hugh. I think we're in art, never got clarified." Glancing at the gtuttonous badger, she grinned. It would be pretty nice to have someone along, willingly. Typh never really said anything to anyone, so it was a surprise. "Catch!" She tossed a piece of by-now fully cooked cod, and headed towards Art.

Back
Top Bottom