• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Tales of TCoD

Black Ant only came within two feet of the wall, and Brock pulled him back. "HE WHAT?" Brock was amazed at Exo's stupidity. He knew Exo was looking for the resistance but to try to kill them single handed? "Steele headed off to his mission drop site, his profile last I saw. I don't know where his mission was. That's not my duty. And yes I want you to tail Exo." Brock too the Wlakie Talkie he gave Yoshi to Patar.

Last edited:
Cryptica turned around casually, her pet Piloswine who has failed to be mentioned until now copying her. She heard the request to cover her ears and did so without haste, although she did avoid the sound. Cryptica had an odd power to avoid being startled by anything, and the sudden spider attack was no exception. After the entirely unusual noise had ended, Zampano suddenly made a low chuffing noise and used a move not unlike Pin Missile. Which was weird because Piloswine can't normally use Pin Missile. Other than regular physical combat, this was Zampano's only fighting style which left him as the odd one out. However, these quills were sharp, hurt on contact, and were aimed at the spider.

Cryptica didn't seem to negatively acknowledge Zampano's ability, but instead took a hyper step to her walk and instantly leaped into the air, coming down the short distance with an ecstatic kick to the spider's head. Having been pierced by both the boar's quills and slugged by Cryptica's foot, the arachnid was definitely not unharmed. Fortunately, spiders' eyes are almost always near the top of the head, and this was no exception. Also fortunately, usually you couldn't kick while falling in any direction other than directly downwards...

"Oh, 'sup Patty-Cake?" Yoshi nudged Patar. "Heh? Heh?" Amos wimpered behind him. "Oh, stop being such a baby." Amos didn't comprehend. "Treat." And the dog tried to catch the nothing that Yoshi threw at him.

"Amos-ness. It is fat. And Smelly." Yoshi stared at the pitiful dog. "... When's lunchtime?"

As Midnight would remove his hands from his ears, Chuckling gently as he watched Cryptica smash the spider's head in. As he would then turn around and start walking down the passage again, Calling back to the pair as he walked.

"Come on, We need to get moving before the smell of the spider's death attracts the rest of them."

As from behind the two girls there would be the sound of scratching in a distant hall, slowly beginning to get louder as they listened.

Cryptica jumped back once she had gotten her weight onto the spider's eyes. Not only had she made it practically blind, she had also somewhat dislocated its head in such a way that it really wouldn't be able to survive for another five minutes. Considering the job done, Zampano and she started following Midnight again, although she did get nervous as they heard that scratchy-crawling sound that was most likely more spiders coming to greet them.

Where are they?

That was the question plaguing Exo's mind as Inti flew through the skies of tCoD. Despite his best efforts, and the fact that he was flying out in the open, Exo-Raikou could not seem to locate them.

That must mean that they're either holed up in whatever base they are in, or they are searching for me in some entirely other place...

Perhaps I should make greater efforts to find them.

On that note, he ordered Inti to start blasting flames every which way, and Quilla to start creating a blizzard to send at any given location.

Evoli grumbled under her breath and scurried after her two newfound allies, trying not to start coughing like crazy.
"That wasn't smart, Nighty Night... now my voice is messed up for a while", she complained hoarsely.
Yep. If he pulled something like that again, she was definitely going to go cannibalistic. That would be fun!

"Simple. Everyone would expect it if I gave the extra map to either of the other two for holding." Zora yawned, almost stumbling backwards but catching herself on her pool cue. It was only when she righted herself that she noticed that something was very, very wrong. Her hand was empty. But hadn't she been dragging...

"Oh... oh god..." she whispered, spinning around in all directions, looking for the one whose hand she had just been holding. Nowhere, in the entrance of this Art Museum, did he appear to be anywhere.

"Zora..." Chimani muttered warily, "Is something wrong?"

It seemed like the redhead purposely avoided that question. "Everyone... split up. I'll... search the main hall here." there was the faintest tone of an excuse in her voice. "Chimani, I want you to go with Flareth or Arylett, your choice."

"But-"

"Just do it."

Flareth started sweating.

"I'll search this way." she yelled in fear, pointing in a northwest direction.

She started to dash in that direction.

"Hurry up!" she yelled urgently, "He could have been captured."

Crazy Linoone munched on a stick of Pocky happily and bounced back to Typh. After a bit of consideration, it decided to offer an extra stick of Pocky to the human as an equivalent exchange for the cod. Anyway, it's a good idea to get on Typh's good terms, Linoone reasoned, since she did have a frying pan... "Pocky?" Linoone said, holding an uneaten stick up, but due to the fact that it was trying to hold several of those sticks in its mouth, it sounded more like "Mmoky?"

Then, Flareth started panicking for seemingly no reason at all and ran off, screaming something about being captured. Zora looked mildly disturbed (probably due to Flareth panicking), and Linoone finished off the rest of its Pocky, bar the one it's offering to Typh.

"Ohhhhkay, I think we are going to need to search for something right now... I wonder where that lemon is..." Linoone muttered, completely unaware of the disappearance of one of its group members.

"I'll uh... go that way... you're going." She said to Flareth. Arylett looked rather confused by Zora's command and sounded it too, as always, really. Since when was she not confused about something? Pretty much, being a Lett equated with extreme confusion in some way or another.

She decided that to be surly at the moment probably wouldn't be best, considering that something seemed wrong with Zora. And according to the strange rules that governed her mind, only one person in a group was allowed to be upset, or the others would soon follow. She sighed a bit though... she couldn't help but let some of this unpleasant feeling seep out th-

Just don't think about it! Happy, happy, goodysmiles and all that crap.

And quite reluctantly, she forced a creepy half-assed smile onto her face.

"Zora, I don't know what's wrong, but-"

"GO." the now clearly distressed young woman hissed, leaning in toward the kitsune's ear. "And if you find him, any trace of him, bring it back to me, you know how to track me..."

"...Oh... Alright..." Chimani dashed away behind Flareth and Arylett, as Zora herself turned back toward the entrance.

I don't know what's happened, but whatever it is... I'll find you... She started off toward the northern hallway. She knew exactly where she was going. And no one else needed to know.

As the trio walked through the tunnels they would begin to feel the effects of fatigue. Which was odd considering they had only been walking for about fifteen minutes. As midnight had began to drag his feet he would look around, Noticing a slight glow on teh walls.

"Ever'ne... Teh mushrooms... They a-"

As a huge yawn would cut him off, him then managing to make it another ten feet before slumping against a wall, Beginning to fall asleep.

Cryptica began to walk slowly. She wasn't surprised, as she was almost always sleepy this days, but this was plain odd. It was like something was forcing them to sleep.

"What's with the lighted walls?" she asked no one in particular, and poked the air with a small yawn. "I don't think we should sleep, we have a mission to accomplish.... boy, I wish I could sleepwalk...." Her eyes closed, but she was wandering forwards in a sleepy matter. Zampano looked rather confused, but nonetheless he was moving more lethargically as well. It didn't appear like Cryptica was asleep yet, but she was right on the line.

(Sorrrrrrrry! I'm back)

As Midnight would slowly move foward along the wall, the sleeve of his sweatshirt picking up the pollen of the fungus that was lighting it. As he would then drop to the floor, his strength becoming almost completely sapped as he began to succumb to sleep.

"Guys? What's going on- crap!", She half-screamed, tripping over Midnight, then cringed. Her throat still hurt. And why was everyone asleep? What just happened?! It was probably the walls, but suddenly her head felt funny. Evoli honestly had no idea what to do. She could probably turn and run and not be affected too much if she left right now, and leave them. The dizziness wasn't helping. In a few seconds, she found herself almost unconscious as well. She tried to move backwards to get out, but by now she more or less asleep.
In the meantime, a rather poorly sewn-together Marill doll crawled out of her sweatshirt hood, looking annoyed. He didn't expect her to do that! It hurt. And.. why was she on the ground? The doll picked itself up, and poked at Evoli's head with a paw cautiously.

Back
Top Bottom