• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Tales of TCoD

Jester

Tales of TCoD is back. JOIN IT
It was falling to pieces... The forum they had spent the better part of their life on... Both admins and the mods that had once been the guardians of it were gone... It was not their fault... It was his... Now they had two choices... Let it die... Or fight back...

As Midnight stood on a podium in a large room, Watching the crowd of people talking amongst theirselves that took up the space in front of the podium. As he would then raise his arms above his head and bring his hands together in a clap, The sound resonating through the room, bringing the attention of the people to him.

"People, We are gathered here today to take action against the cruel tyrant who has taken over TCoD. Exo-Raikou. At least, I assume that you are here for that and not for the free Tea and Cod. Now, we know that Exo is hiding in one of his fortresses throughout TCoD but we do not know which. I would like us to split into two groups and begin a search of TCoD. The first group shall be headed by myself and the second shall be led by Zora. Once we have decided who is going with what group we shall set a course and head out. Any questions?"

Last edited:
It's a bit of a mystery why exactly she's there instead of any of the many other places she could/should be. She still has the keys to the mod bathrooms, after all, and probably to the Mod Café (even though it'd been gone for well over a year). Hey, it's a hobby.

But then, maybe it's not, not really. She sips her tea, then raises her arm. "'scuse me, 'scuse me! Why are you calling this tea? It's not very good. It's water. Badly flavoured water. What is this, Lipton?"

"And any chance we leaders get to pick who we want in our squadrons...?" the whisper was quiet, so quiet no one but she could hear.

Zora had three people in particular in mind. She had no doubts that they'd choose her group, but she kinda wanted to make sure. Her eyes were locked on a tall boy with black hair and dark clothes and significantly shorter brown-haired girl. Those two, and Chimani... she'd need them. And Arylett... she'd been acting a bit strange sometimes lately. Zora wanted to keep an eye on her.

In the back of her mind she kept a song playing, because she couldn't have her trusty iPod plugged in during the meeting. Got it all figured out inside of my head, there's a bag packed up at the foot of my bed~

At her feet, a bright white fox sat with its nine tails swishing. Chimani let out a big yawn, before swirling over to aforementioned black-haired boy and short girl and brushing against them. She was rather bored.

Somewhere hidden in a section of the TCoD forums, Brock, the mysterious second in command of the evil force, was in the dungeon with the prisoners.

He appeared as only the Animé character Brock, included with the same voice. He had two of his three puppets out, Crow and Black Ant. Salamander was somewhere else, as he was not needed here. In front of brock, approximetly 3-4 meters, prisoners against a wall. They were facing him, some in fear and others brave. But they knew what they were here for. Brock raised his left hand and Crow opened his mouth. "Now, you know what you are here for. Unspeakable crimes against the Faction. Judement shall come! SECRET NINJA ART OF A THOUSAND POISON NEEDLES!" he screamed and jerked his right hand up to meet his left. At that, the Crow puppet instantly fired thousands of poison needles at the prisoners. Some screamed as they were hit. A few dropped dead, but most survived. They thought it was over as Brock cut off the stream of Senbon, but then the poison kicked in. Normally, his poison wasn't this lethal, taking three days to kill. But he had Toxicroak mix lots of Toxick attacks in with the Sludge Bombs. The prisoners screamed in agony as they keeled over, dead.

One at the end hadn't been hit, and started to run away. But Brock saw this and lashed his left hand sharply to the right. Black Ant burst out of the ground behind the escapee, and opened up the coffin in his torso. the prisoner was captured and Brock laughed. "There is no escape, SECRET BLACK MOVE: IRON MAIDEN!" He twisted his right hand and Crow detachted all of his limbs and his head from his body. The torso fell to the ground, but the limbs and head levitated. Attached to the bottom were blades. They flew and inserted into the slots on Black Ant and impaled the prisoner. Screams were heard but suddenly cut short, and blood seeped out the slots. All of the limbs and the head returned themselves onto the torso and Black Ant emptied out the corpse. "Do not oppose us." Brock muttered as he headed upstairs, the puppets in front of him. Meanwhile a cleaning crew had appeared to clean up the mess, and others to fix the floor.

((I suppose killing random NPC's is okay. Brock won't be this powerful when he meets a player, but all the random NPC's I make get slaughtered.))

"Oh, hey Chi." Flareth said, "Please let me be with Zora. We have this group dynamic that helps us with anything thrown our way. And Markku too....oh, and next time, can we get Tea Cooler. It's this iced tea lemonade mix thing. It's awesome."

A small Totodile started climbing up her.

"Stop it, Wavy." Flareth ordered.

As midnight listened to the barrage of questions concerning tea he felt the sudden urge to facepalm. As his hand hit his forehead he would say "Its british tea. Don't blame me. And yes you three may group together. "

As midnight would pull out of his sweatshirt a pad of paper and a pen, Writing out his name and zora's next to each other. Then under zora's name he would write Markku and Flareth's names.

She shakes her head and sighs, all in present tense because present tense is cool. "But I don't like black teas. And this isn't even good black tea. Also, anything that comes from powder is probably awful. Let's not.

"... Wait, so. I have a more important question." She looks around for a good place to stand, other than at the already-occupied podium, and sighs again. "While I get that tyrants are bad and Team Lazymod is off ... way over that way -- " she pauses to point in an indistinct direction, "-- has Team Super Lame Mods done anything, you know, modly? Or tyrannical? ... Not that there's that huge of a difference, but hey.

"Because if not, I for one welcome our new evil overlords."

"...At least, I assume that you are here for that and not for the free Tea and Cod. "

Crazy Linoone sputtered, nearly choking on a piece of cod. It glanced around nervously, and, after making sure that Midnight was not directing the sentence at it, went back to stuffing its face with cod. A half-empty teacup sat on the table next to the linoone, the not-quite-tea inside swirling ominously.

"...and head out. Any questions?"

Crazy Linoone looked up from a pile of empty plates and fish bones, then quickly stuck a paw in the air. Given its small stature, the linoone had to shout and jump around while waving its paw comically to get attention. "Heyyyy Midnight! Can you get us some tea that doesn't taste like magikarp poop? Thank you!"

With that comment, the linoone dove back to the plates of cod.

Somewhere in tCoD...

Exo-Raikou sat on his throne, discontented. Not much time had passed since his takeover, but since then, little had been done as progress toward Exo's true goal: making the RP Board as grand as it once was.

The concept sounded easy enough: initiate a slow, silent takeover of the forums, and once the takeover was completed, eliminate anything that wasn't RP-related, and also spare anything that Exo had a nostalgic connection to, such as the art galleries. Once that was done, anyone who opposed Exo's rule and/or never partook in an RP would also be killed.

There was one plainly obvious problem, however: Exo-Raikou had not factored in the possibility of a rebellion against him. The sudden emergence of the rebellion had forced him into a more ruthless crusade on tCoD. The only advantage that this had made was that his true goal - one that he knew many of the forum would not see the decency of - would be masked.

"They don't understand," he muttered to his Salamence, "None of them do. I didn't want to go to such great lengths for this to happen... but none of them would listen. I had no choice but for open war!

"And it continues to grow worse. This rebellion will show no sign of dying down on its own... I must take care of that before I continue to destroy the unnecessary parts of the forum. The only problem will be how long this could take, and where they might be hiding..."

((Another thing I didn't factor in is that I would be ridiculously busy tomorrow and over the weekend. I do hope that I can spare some time to get onto tCoD and not miss out on anything game-changing))

Cryptica was among the few who had no questions. Neither side, whether naive or quiet, had any objections. They personally hoped to go to the Art museum in their group (since they were both equally decent and avid artists), but they also really wanted to go to the Debating Hall. For a while, they had been interested in something they simply called "court." But Cryptica also thought that a maze challenge would be fun, so the Labyrinth of Insanity would be exciting too.

"No questions here," she said, raising her hand and pointing up one finger as she usually did habitually.

Cryptica grinned. Day two of "Happy Lucidia." She glowered to the side, as if looking at something invisible, and told herself, "Glad you're not picky, Lucidia."

Her companion, a mass of brown fur known as a Piloswine (named Zampano), appeared to do nothing but snort slightly.

Somewhere, lurking in the locked threads...

Patar was roaming around, spamming, flaming and bumping old and dead threads. He could hear Brock have his little fun, torturing those who oppose Exo. What a sadist.

Exo was getting a little paranoid, having to deal with a "rebellion". What a loser he thought. That whole rebellion scheme? It's a pretty positive idea for those rebels but as long as Exo keeps a hold of his loyal ones, he'll stop it pretty soon.

Patar wasn't good but he didn't really dig the whole evil thing. But he loved destruction. He loved to watch on the sidelines, playing his "cards" to mix it up a bit. Patar began to walk near the currently still locked Mafia. He was meeting with his little spy.

"So how's things on the good side?" "Well, they're planning." "I see."

The spy idea was genius. Soon, Patar would take over the forums and scrap it entirely. Then he would build it back from new. To help it regain the glory. To make it big again. And the survivors would be scrapped too. Hmmm... maybe he was beginning to think like a sadist too...

"Now where's that Exo freak?"

(The spy is just a NPC for now. Maybe he/she could be filled in by someone. Arylett?)

Way in the back, Typh was busy lounging and occasionally spearing herself some cod chunks. Chuckling at Linoone's attempts to act casual whilist stuffing herself, she tugged off her fedora. With a shake or two, a metal pan and a stick of butter clanked onto her lap. "I'm good. I wouldn't mind being with Zora personally, but if you need any help with the other group, s' fine too."

Typh glanced at her sleeping Charmeleon and quirked an eyebrow. This fish neede dto get fried. Balancing the fish chunks and a little dab of butter on the pan, she held it over Hugh's tail gingerly. The pot crackled to life. Success!

The sound of butter on metal was enough to break Linoone's intense focus on food. The badger whirled around and stared as Typh started frying a piece of cod with a frying pan. The badger inconspicuously scooted toward the sizzling butter while carefully balancing two plates of cod on each front paw. After closing enough distance, Crazy Linoone inconspicuously plopped down on the ground, all the while inconspicuously keeping its eyes trained on the sizzling pan.

What did Typh said she'd be with? Zora? Whatever. "Mmmf ummf I'm in whichever group Typh's in," Crazy Linoone swallowed a piece of fish and called out. Inconspicuously, the badger pokemon scooted closer to the frying pieces of fish again.

(Okey-dokey!)

As per usual, Arylett had no idea what was going on and was staring moodily off into some other direction.

Quite late into the conversation, the distracted girl she roused and quickly tried to compose herself as if she knew what was going on, taking a neutral expression on rather quickly and just nodding. That's what she usually did, really. If anybody asked her any questions, she would, of course, act as if she knew what she was talking about by giving out really generalized nonspecific answers or stirring the topic away. But nobody spoke to her, good thing too.

She sighed a bit. It seemed she always had the same thing on her mind and could never focus on anything anymore.

-----

The spy sneered as he looked away from Patar. Things were boring, bah. All anybody was doing was sitting around, except for Brock, who was actually doing something. He wished for a moment he could be doing the same, but knew he had to get back to spying on the enemy soon.

"Well, I don't know. I'd say he's on his throne, that's where I always find 'im."

Brock walked into Exo's throne room, puppets at his side. "The latest batch of Rebels have been... taken care of your excellency." He did a semi-bow, stood back up, and awaited his lords approval. He knows many of his underlings do not approve of his actions, but he does not care. Brock glanced up. Exo was talking to his Salamence as usual. Brock was getting worried about Exo. He was getting paranoid about the rebellion. He was often lost in a trance, or worrying about the sudden appearance of it.

Xaldin just sat back and watched as the others screamed, talked, and the occasional 'yell with food in (it's) mouth', which was quite amusing and earned a amused smile from him as he shook his head at the insane-ness of the community. He often wondered why he ever joined, but for some reason, he stayed.

Eventually, he made his way to the front of the crowd, with his Eevee at his heels, so then he doesn't have to shout, and he would rather stay inconspicuous.

"Hey, Midnight, I guess I don't have much choice to the matter, do I? But, I guess I'll be in your group."

And with that, hey made his way back to the back of the room and leaned against the wall, staying far away from any Tea and disgusting cod.

It was then that Exo noticed Brock.

"Good, good," he said, "Continue to search for more of the rebels, but also expect many of them to come searching for us. I expect them to find us here, and if all goes right, we could pin down and kill each of them."

He glanced over his shoulder at Quilla, his Frosslass. Then he said: "That's all. You can go now."

I find them, pin them, and then kill them, he thought, all will go as planned, and that which I value most of this forum will prosper once more.

As midnight would look towards the strange man in with the british accent he would say "Other than killing hundreds of members and leaving us with this horrible tea?"
As midnight would then crack his back and turn his gaze away from the man. Looking up at the ceiling and then back at the crowd.

"Everyone who has not already gotten put into zora's group is with me." As midnight would sigh internally at the fact that the only reason people would join his group was because zora's was full. as he would then walk over to the edge of the podium and jump down. pressing his hand onto a button on the front of it. as above their heads a map of TCoD would appear. As he would then point up towards the center of the map at a hub with the word "Index" on it.

"Now, We are here at the index. From here one of our groups will move out to Art and the other to Insanity. My group shall take the labrynth of Insanity while zora's group shall take the Museum of Arts.

All was quiet. Dead quiet. Because Charlie Steele had made it that way.

Glancing at the bloody knife sticking an inch into his right arm, he grabben then handle and groaned, fighting back a little scream as he slid the blade out of his flesh. His Quilava looked up at him, a bit worried for his wounds. Steele just gave him an "I'm fine" stare and flicked the switchblade down to the dead rebellion agent on the floor, rubbing his arm. Dumb agent.

He all of a sudden heard screaming, making him instantly grab the handle of his pistol. He heard a bit of creepy, maniacle laughter. Oh, it's Brock again. -_- Can't he at least execute people somewhere away from an important mission's dropzone? Ugh.

Steele figured he'd better go meet up with Patar or Brock in case some rebels decided to come looking for their fallen buddy. Slipping on his aviator shades, Steele quickly dissapeared into the shadows, back to one of his teammates.

(Random NPC is killed. No-one important. D:)

Man, stupid Exo and his damn hiding spots. Maybe Steele knew where he was. He knew a lot about Exo and whatnot.

If he asked Brock, he would be snobbish and rub something in his face before disclosing Exo's throne area.

Wolfy suddenly let out a low whimper. "What's wrong, boy?" Wolfy jumped out of Pat's hood and began to transform. Awww, man. Does he want that stupid cod again? Patar began to jog Wolfy but sooner needed to run as Wolfy flying across the board. Wolfy stopped and began to whimper.

"Speak of the devil, it's Steele."

Back
Top Bottom