• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 vs 2 Single
Style: Switch
DQ: A week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Direct Healing limited to five per Pokémon
Arena: Unstable Dimension

One moment it’s a vast empty dark space then a calm beach beside the ocean the next. It’s to believe that Palkia had opened a hole in space trapping trainers that goes anywhere near it. This dimension is highly unstable and unpredictable since it is always changing every 2-7 rounds but for some reason it is always the four same locations: a beach, the mouth of a volcano, deep inside a woods, and the empty space again. Water-type Pokémon get a 5% attack boost when at the beach also the same goes for Fire-types when at the volcano and Grass-type when in the deep woods. When in the empty space, all Pokémon will use up an extra 2% of energy except for Flying, Psychic types and any Pokémon with wings or the ability Levitate. This is because the Pokémon will be floating in midair and won’t have anything to help stabilize them (no ground or rocks floating around) when they attack. Of course when the battle ends, Palkia will appear and return the trainers back home.

Awesome arena. I'll battle.

I think...I'll Ref this. Black Yoshi vs. Yanmega

But one question. Is there a 25% chance of Sharpedo attack each Action or each Round?

3 vs 3 vs 3 single
Deathmatch [set style]
DQ: Two weeks
Damage cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, any moves that wouldn't make sense in an enclosed metal cube
Arena: GOD HAETS YOU >(

You're not sure how or why your Pokémon have ended up battling in an arena like this. The area of battle is a great green-grey sheet-metal cube twenty meters to a side. This wouldn't be so bad if not for the daggerlike five-foot spikes placed in a grid pattern, three feet apart, on every wall of the cube. This wouldn't be so bad - the spikes are big enough to avoid fairly easily - if not for the fact that every ten minutes [five actions] or so, perhaps oftener, the cube flips over. Perhaps someone or something is rotating the cube, perhaps gravity is shifting; either way, it's rather disorienting. Add to that two opponents at once...

Pokémon over five feet not recommended.

This battle is reserved for Arylett Dawnsborough

3v3
Single Battle
Style: Set
DQ: 2 week
Damage Cap: none
Banned Moves: OHKO, Direct healing
Arena: Daycare of Horrors

Wide open space, divided up into the different sections for each type of pokemon that resides there. The battle will take place in a field behind the daycare house. There is a 15% chance of a Houndoom wearing glasses appearing and attack the players each round with a random attack , as well as a 15% chance of a Blissey to appear and heal the players heath by 5%. The owner of the Daycare will leave you alone to battle, but if you cause any damage to his house, he’ll come out and yell at you, equaling a screech attack.

3 vs 3 vs 3 single
Deathmatch [set style]
Banned Moves: OHKOs, any moves that wouldn't make sense in an enclosed metal cube

You're not sure how or why your Pokémon have ended up battling in an arena like this. The area of battle is a great green-grey sheet-metal cube twenty meters to a side. This wouldn't be so bad if not for the daggerlike five-foot spikes placed in a grid pattern, three feet apart, on every wall of the cube. This wouldn't be so bad - the spikes are big enough to avoid fairly easily - if not for the fact that every ten minutes [five actions] or so, perhaps oftener, the cube flips over. Perhaps someone or something is rotating the cube, perhaps gravity is shifting; either way, it's rather disorienting. Add to that two opponents at once...

... ah why not.

be kind and please rewind

3 vs 3 vs 3 single
Deathmatch [set style]

Sounds like a fun battle and I'd love to participate, but I'm holding off on any more for just a little longer. So... as soon as you find a third person, I shall to be of the reffing.

This battle is reserved for Arylett Dawnsborough

3v3
Single Battle
Style: Set
DQ: 2 week
Damage Cap: none
Banned Moves: OHKO, Direct healing
Arena: Daycare of Horrors

Wide open space, divided up into the different sections for each type of pokemon that resides there. The battle will take place in a field behind the daycare house. There is a 15% chance of a Houndoom wearing glasses appearing and attack the players each round with a random attack , as well as a 15% chance of a Blissey to appear and heal the players heath by 5%. The owner of the Daycare will leave you alone to battle, but if you cause any damage to his house, he’ll come out and yell at you, equaling a screech attack.

Accepted. :D

Profilenocity.

3vs3 single
DQ: Standard Week
DC: 35%
Restricted Moves: Chills 5/pokémon, direct recoveries 1/pokémon
Arena: The Docklands By Night

The Docklands, a shady backwater town in a shady, backwater region is a shady, shady place to be. Especially when the sun isn't out. Fortunately, battlers here will have the moonlight--or what little moonlight they'll actually be able to see over the city's electric glare, that is.

The battle takes place down at the docks, where the region's major oceangoing vessels come to load up on cargo or unload their goods to local vendors. The place is dominated by a maze of rusted storage lockers, rubbish, and, above all, the cranes.

The cranes are huge machines, standing in rows that stretch on for miles. Rusted and pitted from years of service, they are illuminated by a multitude of lights that cast orange and purplish auras through the hazy, polluted air. From a distance, the place looks like another world watched over by huge, squatting robots. Closer up, though, as in where the battlers will be fighting, the saturation of light only helps to make the shadows starker and paints the scene in a weird glow that is at once unsettling and detached.

Notes: Water pokémon are easily accommodated here, as they can swim up alongside the docks or call water attacks from there. The water is far from clean, but it's not bad enough to do them any damage over the course of only one battle. Weather moves work fine, but sunny day only serves to intensify the moonlight, which, while it will increase recovery from moonlight or morning sun and decrease solarbeam charge time, will not increase the power of fire-type attacks or decrease the power of water-type attacks. It also cannot prevent freezing like normal sun can.

3vs3 single

The Docklands, a shady backwater town in a shady, backwater region is a shady, shady place to be. Especially when the sun isn't out. Fortunately, battlers here will have the moonlight--or what little moonlight they'll actually be able to see over the city's electric glare, that is.

The battle takes place down at the docks, where the region's major oceangoing vessels come to load up on cargo or unload their goods to local vendors. The place is dominated by a maze of rusted storage lockers, rubbish, and, above all, the cranes.

The cranes are huge machines, standing in rows that stretch on for miles. Rusted and pitted from years of service, they are illuminated by a multitude of lights that cast orange and purplish auras through the hazy, polluted air. From a distance, the place looks like another world watched over by huge, squatting robots. Closer up, though, as in where the battlers will be fighting, the saturation of light only helps to make the shadows starker and paints the scene in a weird glow that is at once unsettling and detached.

Notes: Water pokémon are easily accommodated here, as they can swim up alongside the docks or call water attacks from there. The water is far from clean, but it's not bad enough to do them any damage over the course of only one battle. Weather moves work fine, but sunny day only serves to intensify the moonlight, which, while it will increase recovery from moonlight or morning sun and decrease solarbeam charge time, will not increase the power of fire-type attacks or decrease the power of water-type attacks. It also cannot prevent freezing like normal sun can.

*Clings to Challenge*

I want to fight you~

Guh, umm, well, I actually intended to put a note in there about how you weren't going to be able to make/take more challenges for a while. I'll battle you as soon as you have a slot open, but for the moment I think I'm going to have to decline.

3vs3 single

Must...break in...new team...

I'll take this challenge.

Profile.

Last edited by a moderator:
3 vs 3 vs 3 single
Deathmatch [set style]

I'm not quite sure how this kind battle works but it seems very interesting. I'd like to take part in this battle too.

Battle format: 1 vs 1
DQ time: 5 days
Damage cap: 20%
Restricted moves: 1-hit KO moves, Healing Moves
Arena: A giant ditto

The battle will take place on its back. It will transform every two turns, thus the terrain can change. It can only change into a Torterra (Forest - a forested area with pokemon nesting in it. 10% chance that a pokemon will attack any of the battler's pokemon), Golem (rocky area - Big rocks stick out of the ground and give pokemon a place to hide.), Slugma (Lava - deals damage at a 10% chance every turn) and itself. 25% chance for each transformation.

My first battle =D Profiley

I will referee this battle.

2 vs. 2
Single Set
Damage Cap: 35%
Restricted Moves: 1 Hit KO's, Weather Moves, Direct Healing Moves
Arena: Desert

The arena is set in a desert. There is no water here, so most water Pokemon will be at a severe disadvantage. There are a few cactuses and many rocks of various sizes around the area. Fire and Ground type moves have a 15% boost. If Whirlwind, Gust, or Tailwind are used, there is a 25% chance of a sandstorm brewing, which would cause 5% of damage to all non steel, rock, or ground Pokemon.

Other: To make this simple, all Pokemon that have to be directly in water all the time (i.e., Carvanha, Remoraid, Gyarados, Magikarp) are banned, however water types that can be out of water (i.e., Golduck, Poliwhirl, Quagsire) are allowed.

If you have read and comprehended all of that, you are worthy to view my Profile of the amazing Blazking.

2 vs. 2
Single Set
Restricted Moves: 1 Hit KO's, Weather Moves, Direct Healing Moves
Arena: Desert

The arena is set in a desert. There is no water here, so most water Pokemon will be at a severe disadvantage. There are a few cactuses and many rocks of various sizes around the area. Fire and Ground type moves have a 15% boost. If Whirlwind, Gust, or Tailwind are used, there is a 25% chance of a sandstorm brewing, which would cause 5% of damage to all non steel, rock, or ground Pokemon.

Other: To make this simple, all Pokemon that have to be directly in water all the time (i.e., Carvanha, Remoraid, Gyarados, Magikarp) are banned, however water types that can be out of water (i.e., Golduck, Poliwhirl, Quagsire) are allowed.

If you have read and comprehended all of that, you are worthy to view my Profile of the amazing Blazking.

Will take.

Profile.

I'd like to get back into reffing again, so.....i'll take Yanmega vs Keta. I promise i won't abandon it! v_v

1 v 1
Single Set
Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Healing Moves and Chills 3x per Pokemon.
Arena: Wide Open Range ... OF DOOM

This arena is fairly simple. There is a circular spring for any Water Pokemon. There is a small marshy area right around the perimeter of the spring. The rest of the field is simply a field. Until... DOOM. At the very edge of the field, a dangerous force approaches. It is Mewtwo, and it is furious from being studied and experimented on by the scientists. Once it reaches the battle site (7 rounds) it will furiously attack each Pokemon. Unless the Pokemon finds a way to avoid the attack (all attacks from Mewtwo break through Protect. It can not be Detected either.), it will cause damage equal to half of their Health. Status Modifiers don't apply. After Mewtwo has finished its destruction, the field turns into a barren wasteland, where a furious Sandstorm rages causing 5 percent damage to each Pokemon each round. Even ground-type Pokemon aren't immune to this furious storm.

;D Evil Mewtwo pwns all.

KMew said:
v 1
Single Set
Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Healing Moves and Chills 3x per Pokemon.
Arena: Wide Open Range ... OF DOOM

This arena is fairly simple. There is a circular spring for any Water Pokemon. There is a small marshy area right around the perimeter of the spring. The rest of the field is simply a field. Until... DOOM. At the very edge of the field, a dangerous force approaches. It is Mewtwo, and it is furious from being studied and experimented on by the scientists. Once it reaches the battle site (7 rounds) it will furiously attack each Pokemon. Unless the Pokemon finds a way to avoid the attack (all attacks from Mewtwo break through Protect. It can not be Detected either.), it will cause damage equal to half of their Health. Status Modifiers don't apply. After Mewtwo has finished its destruction, the field turns into a barren wasteland, where a furious Sandstorm rages causing 5 percent damage to each Pokemon each round. Even ground-type Pokemon aren't immune to this furious storm.

;D Evil Mewtwo pwns all.

I accept this challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom