• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Dream Thread

Notoriously Unknown

Quick, somebody come up with a witty response!
I'm not sure there was ever a thread like this here, but I'm going for it anyways.
Have a dream you'd like to talk about? Just want to tell somebody about it? Maybe even have it interpreted? This is the place to be...

Last night I had a dream that I was standing in this huge open feild with grass and stuff. The wind was blowing really hard. I reached into my pocket and pulled out an umbrella. I started to run as fast as I could with the wind to my back, I unfolded the umbrella and jumped upwards. I started to fly.
All through the dream if I had an umbrella with me and some wind I could start flying. It was really neat. X3

Last edited:
I've recently been having a lot of FA (fat admirer) dreams and waking up very aroused.

I had a dream the other night where I had to perform one of my sociology essays as a monologue in my drama GCSE exam in front of loads of people. I hadn't memorised it, so while other people were doing their performances, I wrote down what little I could remember on a juice carton X3

It was especially weird because I never have dreams about performing in front of loads of people, because I don't get nervous about that kind of thing IRL.

And I've been having dreams with characters from Spooks, Murder in Suburbia and Buffy the Vampire Slayer in recently, too. I should stop watching TV right before I go to bed. X3

Once, I had this dream where this guy was going on adventures in some forest and collecting coins. Then, he'd go to this shop and buy some expensive stuff. Eventually, he buys the most expensive thing he could get, and the shop keeper says that he's now going to give the guy better deals. So, the guy buys a cheap potion or something, and then the shop keeper shows him another potion, which he claims would give the guy powers. So the guy buys and drinks it, but nothing happened. So, he grabs the shop keeper by the colar of his shirt, and he says in a fairly calm tone of voice, "Disapointing... but predictable." Then he goes off to some part of the forest where there are giant mushrooms, and that's where the dream ended.

It was weird, but not as weird as another dream I had where I was on some sort of slave ship, and I had a fish skeleton. So, I used the skeleton to make a wish for some reason, then everyone in the dream turned into cats. I don't remember much of it, since that was quite a while ago.

I had a dream last night that I was at school, doing some maths homework. I looked outside the window and there were two guys fighting on a really tall tower O.o It was also really sunny in my dream, so I couldn't see what I was writing down.

I had a dream last night with this little blonde boy. He was running through a house and burst out the door, people started running after him (he'd apparently stolen something) and he kept on running and running and running until he eventually got to this shallow river. On the other side of the river was an old farm, with one of those wooden towers usually containing grain or hay. The boy started crossing the river but he slipped and his boot flew off, landing square inside the tower. The boy got up and said
'I worked hard to get my home, no one's going to take it away from me'
and he went inside the tower. He retrieved his shoe and went to sleep or something, and ants came crawling out of nowhere, millions of ants, and they chewed through the wood and his tower collapsed and he fell through the floor. Then I woke up.

I had a dream some time ago where I was a Catholic schoolboy in the 50s and I was the leader of a group of other boys and we were involved in some kind of horrible child sex-ring with this priest. I wrote it out in detail in some other thread.

I wish I could write at all because some of my dreams would be great short stories. And by great I mean horrifying.

Last night, I had a dream that my dog almost killed a baby penguin.
And I live in the US.
May have to do with the fact he killed two baby rabbits...

In the same vein as Mewtwo, a while back I had a dream where my sister's super-sweet, super-cute and super-dumb black cat killed a teensy kitten... Like, just starting to walk teensy. It looked like she was just playing with it and then there was blood on her lips and paws. The kitten's body looked fine, but then became quite graphic after my dream-self realized what had happened to it
... It was really depressing and I have no idea what brought it on. It's something my sister's cat totally wouldn't do. ._.

On a... somewhat lighter note... I have another dream that I remember.
There was this underground city, metal and dim with lots of silver and blue. Off to the side there were some square-walled tunnels that would open up into rooms with square pools of water... In the dream they were aqueducts or sewers or something, but they didn't much look like it. It was a huge maze. There were sparsely scattered creatures inside... huge Malboros (from the Final Fantasy series), a second one I forgot, and... Furbies. If you were wandering in these tunnels and found one, and started to run, suddenly more would come out from the woodwork to join in chasing you, until there was like a dozen of them, and once you died (and were warped back to the underground city), the huge mob would continue to roam about the tunnels rather than disperse. You'd never know where they were.

So a huge mob of Furbies accumulated, and eventually they took over the speaker systems for the city and proceeded to sing "Mad World".

There was also that dream I had last week where I was married to Akio Ohtori from the anime Revolutionary Girl Utena, and we slept in the same bed. It made me feel really guilty, 'cause I liked it... Maybe if I had dreamed it before I got a boyfriend it wouldn't have been so bad. But no, it just had to wait...

A couple of recent Naruto dreams.

I dreamed someone made me go to Barnes & Noble (a book store near me) and sort books. So I started sorting the books when someone talked to me about how "once, Neji came to this bookstore and..." can't remember what was after that, but I began jumping really high for some reason, and the person said, "You shouldn't look for Neji."

Go figure. I've been looking for the next Naruto manga books at the bookstore for about two weeks now, and I checked today. Still nothing.

I think this might have been a dream. Either that, or I'm just crazy [/sarcasm].

But I could have sworn I was awake when it happened. I was lying in my bed about 2:45 PM on Sunday and randomly gazing out into nothing over the side of my bed. Suddenly, I saw the shadow of a blue butterfly or something in my mind, and I heard someone whisper, "Is everything all right?" Instinctively, I answered, "Yes, everything's all right."

Again, I could have sworn I was awake. But the whisper was so soft, the only way I could tell who it was was by the butterfly image. I'm pretty sure it was Chouji. But why would he talk to me?

The most recent dream I've had (that I actually remember enough of to say much about) was a little over a week ago, and it's a pretty weird one.

There was this guy with kinda poofy, orange-ish hair who kept acting like he could beat up anyone and trying to start fights with everyone. Apparently there were a bunch of other people hanging around, but I can't remember who they were or even what any of them looked like. Eventually the thuggy guy came up to me and started bragging about his fighting abilities, and talking about how I'd be too slow to even hit him.
After he noticed I wasn't reacting to his bragging at all (oddly, I don't think I said anything throughout the whole dream), the guy got into this karate-esque stance and jabbed at my stomach, but I caught it in midair without even trying. It took him a few seconds to realize that he hadn't actually hit me (he kind of froze for a second, then looked down and freaked out.) He tried to jab me with the other hand, but I caught that one also, and he started flailing around and trying to get his hands free, but he couldn't do it--apparently I was ridiculously super-strong in this dream... he was trying as hard as he could to break his hands free, but I couldn't even feel anything.

Eventually, he tried headbutting me in the face, but I just leaned back a little and he wasn't able to hit me. After that failed, he stuck out his tongue and started to try and lick me (I guess he figured it would gross me out and I'd let go)... and then I leaned forward again and bit the guy's tongue, which caused the guy to freak out even more--his eyes bugged out like a cartoon character's and his tongue went all zig-zagged for a few seconds after I let go. I think the guy just ran away after that; I can't really remember anything else.

I had a dream that there were Halloween creaturs in my house, and I could turn into a dragon. The vampier bit me on the neck, and I turned into a dragon and roared. Then I passed out. When I woke up, (still in the dream) Axel from Kingdom Hearts was beside me. Then, I woke up.

I also had a dream in which my Social Studies book could talk. It said, " Oh, no! Page 6 is torn out!" It spoke in the voice you hear when your cell phone says " You have no new messages, " or something.

I was vacationing yesterday and today with my sister and friend, and since my friend talks in her sleep, we see what she's dreaming. She is also interested in Naruto, like my sister and me, so I asked her, "What is Neji doing?" And she said something about cherry pie. When she woke up, she told my sister and me that she dreamed that I had gotten cherry pie from my grandmother and that I put it in a house so Neji and I could race for it, but during the race, I told him to take a shortcut and he hit a tree. But then he jumped over the tree and landed on the roof of the house. Then he fell through the roof and landed in a chair, with a fork in his hand for some reason. And then he ate it really fast, and my friend woke up.

On the way back from the town, called Sequim (pronounced without the E), we sang this song to the tune of some little kids' song here called "If You're Happy and You Know It:"

I know what we're going to do today CHERRY PIE!

I know what we're going to do today CHERRY PIE!

I know what we're going to do today with you, we're going to eat a lot of cherry pie CHERRY PIE!

We sang it ALL the way back.

And since I am Darksong's sister, I get to say that she dreamed that I did a couple of things with the character Kimimaro. Nothing that's bad for kids to know. For example, he changed my hairdo. The rest of it was rather silly but odd.

a PM I sent to Flametail said:
I think I had a total of two distinct dreams last night. The first involved horses arguing and running off into the woods behind my house and I don't remember much about it.

The second involved us with a group of people that went to my school (we went to the same school <3 although I was wondering how you got from where you live to my school 8D) chasing us for some reason I don't remember through one of those big tunnelworks things you find at fast-food restaurants. I couldn't find you though. Then somebody got injured doing this so my PE teacher yelled at us to come out to play Bridge, and you came from somewhere else that wasn't in the tunnelworks.

Then the dream started skipping time periods and people kept getting injured doing stuff. ... only they were abducted by some evil monkey-man thing.

I decided I wanted to figure out what was with the abductions, so I pretended to be hurt and got put in a giant glass dome for some reason, and when I woke up from having fallen asleep or fainted or whatever you were also there in the dome because you didn't want me to go on my own. :3

Then we got abducted, yeah, and put in the trunk of monkey-dude's car. We managed to prevent him from getting into the car and further abducting us, but then he opened the trunk and pulled me out of the trunk. I tried to get back in but he slammed the trunk on my hands where I couldn't get to you.

I then proceeded to set out on a quest to figure out what was going on involving me obtaining Pokémon stats, Coraline (from the movie) eating ice cream cones, a song from some musical movie I'd watched with my cousin, said cousin sitting on some stairs and telling me what my Pokémon "hustle nature" meant (wtf), the character from the Pokémon Quartz Let's Play getting all gangster-y and running off to some random guy, people doing things on a map of the world that was larger than life (I got on a ship with a guy from my band and went through some crazy roller-coaster-y ride), a girl that reminds me vaguely of my sister getting makeup put on for the first time and deciding through musical that she's going to own a house with a pool so she can swim up to guys and still be all pretty with the makeup (wtf), and me as a Pokémon facing off against monkey-guy's monkey henchman to save you.

... man I wish that'd actually happened.

I had a dream a while ago that I was walking to school (since all my dreams are about school or my classmates for some reason :/) and I didn't know what classes I had that day. i checked my planner and it said that I had a double lesson of EarthBound. I was like "FECK YES!" but i missed the bus D:

EarthBound studies would be an awesome class XD

Darksong wanted me to put this up here so I will

I can remember three things from my dream last night:

• It was nighttime. My dad was at a road intersection not far from my house.... and sleeping on the grass next to the sidewalk. My mom went like "Marlowe, time to wake up!"
    And he barely moved and said "Okay, I'm coming" before falling back asleep.
  • Still nighttime, my family (including my dad, who had somehow woken up and drove us to this place) went to an ice skating rink because an event was going on there, but there was no entrance at which to pay; just the rink. And we didn't have our skating gear. I realized that [whichever band who made it] was singing Seishun Kyousoukyoku on the edge of the rink, but they had almost finished once my family got there. It was disappointing.
  • Based on the animated movie Animal Farm (except the animals were working for the farmer), I went to the intersection mentioned in point 1, but there was a big field of dirt where my school would be, and there was a stone staircase leading down the hill to it. I went down the staircase and turned myself into a pig so I could rescue the pigs that were in said field. However there were only pigs; all the other animals had escaped. There were two house-like buildings with one wall out each, sort of like the building down the hill from my house. The floors were coated in straw and the pigs were somehow supposed to move it to a pickup truck somewhere. I snuck into the building in which said pigs were working so that the farmer wouldn't see me. After quietly conversing with the three pigs (yes, three), I managed to dash out with one of them while the farmer conversed with a companion. Said companion looked down at us but thought that we were just going to deliver the straw, so I managed to start running towards the stairs. And then, the farmer noticed us and started chasing us. I left my pig form and tried to lead the pig from the field while running up the stairs mentioned earlier, but it turned out that I was much faster. But for some reason the farmer ignored the lagging pig and went after me. I was about halfway up the stairs and being gained on before I woke up. Poor pigs :'(

I just randomly remembered, sometime in September/october (I think), I had a dream about this wolf guy (looked similar to the starfox one, who I didn't even know at the time o.o) who I was trying to get out of my dream to the real world so he could conquer it. It was really weird because we came to places I recognized from older dreams (like a tropical island from a desert island dream, that had a bunch of tiny cute jellyfish in a tidepool), and the end involved our ship (we were at sea) sinking, and I was trying to save a Togepi and a Pikachu. We floated on a board for a few seconds until the storm stopped (really suddenly), then I put them on the board so they were safe, and woke up.

I just had a dream this morning that my cell phone was ringing and I woke up and answered it, and on the the other line was Robert E. Lee telling me that he had enlisted in World War I and wars aren't made like they used to be, and that the "Crips" had way too many weapons at their disposal.

I had a really weird dream where my sister was driving me home from the movie theater, and suddenly Butterfree was in the car, so I was like "Why aren't you in Switzerland?" and she said "Oh, I was on my way there, but I wanted to finish the Monthly Crossword first." And my sister was like "WTF?" but I was like "Ooh!" and watched her make all the crosswords and the answers and everything, and then suddenly Butterfree's car became a giant jet and then she dropped us home and went to Switzerland. o_O

That just goes to show how much I'm in love with that thing.

....but if I don't ace the Monthly Crossword, totally not my fault.

Back
Top Bottom