• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

Currently climbing Olivine Lighthouse. Trying to keep my team sufficiently underleveled to make the game more challenging. ^^

[Flametail] Quilava (F) Level 24
[Minuit] Noctowl (F) Level 23
[Hazy] Geodude (M) Level 23
[Olivine] Flaaffy (F) Level 24
[Yippy] Wooper (M) Level 6
Egg

Yippy is my Surf slave until I catch Lapras.

The egg is an Eevee egg bred from Bill's Eevee, 'cause bred Pokémon get happy faster than normal ones and I plan to use Espeon.

Having so much fun~ <3

Speaking of Eevees, I just got mine! He's on the Pokewalker now. I'm hoping this will raise his happiness more. Anyone know how much the Pokewalker raises happiness? :c

Bought the game roughly an hour ago, playing like a man possessed.

Just kicked Falkner's ass, now I'm grinding a bit.

Quilava (M) Lvl 16
Mareep (F) Lvl 12
Egg.

At Ecruteak, hanging around there to train everyone before doing...whatever I'm supposed to do next. Annoyed at thinking about training the level 5 Eevee... Now I have:

Quilava (M) lvl 27
Pidgeotto (M) lvl 24
Drowzee (M) lvl 25
Scyther (F) lvl 24
Eevee (M) lvl 6

I want Eevee to be an Umbreon, and I'm going to catch Chinchou soon.

Just saw the Legendary Beasts flee the Burned Tower. Had a nice, long, drawn out battle with Whitney's Miltank (as usual), and those two bitches outside Ecruteak with Wigglytuff and Clefables gave me a 15 min battle >.>

[Sinclair] Quilava (M) Lv. 18
[Medusa] Dunsparce (F) Lv. 18
[Tesla] Flaaffy (M) Lv. 18
[Talon] Spearow (M) Lv. 17
[Belladonna] Paras (F) Lv. 18
[Dr. Unne] Slowpoke (M) Lv. 17 - Gonna make him a Slowking

You get bonus points if you guess who my Slowpoke is named after.

I want Eevee to be an Umbreon, and I'm going to catch Chinchou soon.

It's pretty uncommon with the good rod. I have some lousy Chinchous I could trade off to you- that is, poor nature- if you'd like to shoot me a PM to trade friend codes.

So I'm at the E4 now. I feel like I should prep some more, but.

Badges 8
Time 2900
Yangtze 37
Nile 37
Daugava 38
Colorado 38
Orinoco 37
SLAVE 56

Started off early today with the Bug Catching Contest, which I completely failed at. Stupid Pinsir and lack of Potions D: . Then, this afternoon, I finished beating all available trainers and I beat Whitney. She was pretty easy thanks to my all-female team. The battle went something like this:

Whitney sends out Clefairy, Kenya kills it in 2 shots. I send out Weepinbell to use Poison Powder on the Miltank twice. Weepinbell gets in a couple hits and dies to Rollout. I send out Slowpoke, who gets in one attack before getting KO'd. Send out Kenya again, who hits Miltank with Aerial Ace, and then Miltank dies of poison.

Then I tried out the Pokeathlon for a while, that was pretty fun. :D Then I played more Voltorb flip just for kicks and giggles. I went off to Ecruteak, got meself the Sudowoodo which was (surprise) FEMALE!!! :D I'm at this moment going through Burnt Tower.

I also managed to unlock Rugged Path on the PokeWalker AND capture a Nidoran M.

My team currently:

Kenya (Fearow) Lv. 23 (F)
Slowpoke Lv. 21 (F) [Slowpoke + Quick Claw = win]
Weepinbell Lv. 22 (F)
Quilava Lv. 22 (F)

It seems that every Pokemon I catch is female these days...

EDIT: Any ideas for a fifth Pokemon? My current ideas are either Misdreavus or Sudowoodo, but I'm not too certain what I want to use yet.

EDIT: Any ideas for a fifth Pokemon? My current ideas are either Misdreavus or Sudowoodo, but I'm not too certain what I want to use yet.

I say go for Misdreavus. I really only say that because I love Mismagius :sweatdrop:

In Slowpoke Well now. I beat Falkner with only Metooth, then hatched Togepi's egg. I named him Parrapa. xP Fighting Proton now! =D Oh yeah, and training Parrapa until he's level 20. Metooth learned Ice Fang and is level 22. :3

Does anyone know where to find the EXP Share?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just looked on Serebii and apparently you get it from giving Mr. Pokemon the Red Scale. Still got a while to go for me...

Overall, I'm driven pretty insane. I had to evolve Yasha to defeat Morty (which was fun but time consuming), and the Power Pokéathlon I competed in was pretty darn frustrating. I ended up winning, though...

Now my Pidgeotto loves me but won't evolve for another few levels, and Hanabi is as weak as ever...

The one thing that angered me, though, was that you can't track Entei and Raikou's locations with the Pokédex anymore! D:< I encountered them both near the Lake of Rage about ten minutes within each other, but when I remembered to search for them I found that my Pokédex was screaming "AREA UNKNOWN" at me. :(

Current Party:
(Yasha) Feraligatr [F]
Hasty ~ Mischievous ~ Ability: Torrent
Moveset: Crunch, Agility, Surf, Ice Fang
Level: 30

(Envy) Pidgeotto [M] EVOLVE ALREADY, I need the "bzzt-flop!" D:
Sassy ~ Somewhat of a clown ~ Ability: Keen Eye
Moveset: Twister, FeatherDance, Gust, Quick Attack
Level: 29
He keeps giving me flowers..... o_O

(Hanabi) Goldeen [F]
Naive ~ Mischievous ~ Ability: Swift Swim
Moveset: Peck, Aqua Ring, Water Pulse, Flail
Level: 29

(Shadowmoon) Eevee [F]
Naive ~ A little quick tempered ~ Ability: Run Away
Moveset: Tackle, Tail Whip, Helping Hand, Sand Attack
Level: 8
I need to evolve her before level 15 so she can learn Pursuit.

(Your rock) Geodude [M]
Gentle ~ Very finicky ~ Ability: Sturdy
Moveset: Strength, Defense Curl, Rock Smash, Headbutt
LeveL: 3
My HM slave.

The one thing that angered me, though, was that you can't track Entei and Raikou's locations with the Pokédex anymore! D:< I encountered them both near the Lake of Rage about ten minutes within each other, but when I remembered to search for them I found that my Pokédex was screaming "AREA UNKNOWN" at me. :(

Pokégear, kid. Map icon will tell you where they are.

I actually ran into Entei and threw a Fast Ball at it, but it didn't catch. None of my Pokémon are fast enough to get in a hit, so I have to throw stuff at them for the time being.

Yeaaah, map shows you where Entei, Raikou, and the Lati are. :3 Much better than Pokedex.

I've caught around five chinchou on the Pokewalker~~ Currently I'm making friends with my best friends forever in the Radio Tower. ... What?

Miles (I'm Phoenix~) is a jerk and took my outfit D< I WAS THE MOST ADORABLE ROCKET SCREW YOU YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS OF MY BACKWARDS HAT AND HAIRPOOF

i got heart gold yesterday, i'm currently in goldenrod training up some pokemon i hatched
my team is:
croconaw (m) lv22
geodude (m) lv22
gastly (f) lv22
pichu (f) lv15
charmander (m) lv11

About to face Jasmine for 6th badge :)

Team:
Quilava 'Erupt' Level 33
-Flame Wheel-Swift-Quick Attack-Ember

Noctowl 'Predator' Level 33
-Air Slash-Confusion-Fly-Return

Kadabra 'Zangetsu' Level 33
-Psybeam-Shadow Ball-Reflect-Recover

Lanturn 'Nite Lite' Level 29
-Surf-Spark-Confuse Ray-Take Down

Geodude 'SLAVE ONE' Level 3
-Strength-Rock Smash

Bellsprout 'SLAVE TWO' Level 4
-Cut-Flash

Not currently very far because I've been working on two pretty scary final projects, but now that the worst is out of the way I can focus on the important stuff. :3

Name: Lyra (I usually pick the default name on the first game, oh the originality)
Badges: 1
Pokédex: 26

[Vulcan Rex] Quilava (M) lv15
[Legion Duo] Sentret (F) <Run Away> lv13
[Terminator] Beedrill (M) lv11
[Cain] Poliwag (M) <Damp> lv11
Egg

Quilava and Sentret are named after my first typhlosion and furret in Silver (well sort of, the "Rex" and "Duo" weren't there) and I have no idea why the hell my beedrill's name is Terminator but okay! I'm moving a little slower in general because, as I said earlier, I intend to turn this file into a living pokédex and have one of everything in the PC, so I'm going out of my way to catch a lot of stuff--I've even barred myself from challenging gym leaders until I have badge number x 20 pokémon (20 before beating Falkner, 40 before Bugsy, etc.). It's taking a while but I'll be three-quarters of the way done before I get to Blue, so it helps!

Cyndaquil evolved when I beat the elder in Sprout Tower and Falkner was easy, so I've just been catching as much as I can, hoping some random wild will join me in the walker while I take the train to class today, and I'm right in front of Union Cave now. Going to do the spiky-eared pichu event when I get to Azalea, too; I was going to wait for most of the event stuff, but I'll be there anyway so why ever not?

Also, the follower thing is awesome. I didn't expect there to be so many different messages, even catering to the pokémon's type ("Vulcan Rex blew out a fireball!") or your location ("Vulcan Rex is concerned about the swaying pillar..." which is weird because he was just "dancing around the pillar" when I spoke to him before that. Manic-depressive quilava much?). I got my poliwag pissed off at me when I tried to take an item from him and he wouldn't let me; I assume that's because I don't have the accessory case yet, but he was all pissy for a good minute afterward. He roared at me. ;-; fffisosorrycain

Also, to whoever said they spent forever looking for dunsparce: they're crazy-common if you use rock smash in Dark Cave, fyi, and higher-level, too. ;)

Time: 32:20
Nile the Ampharos, lv 39
Orinoco the Quagsire, lv 39
Yangtze the Lanturn, lv 41
Colorado the Magnezone, lv 41
Daugava the Cloyster, lv 41

I just beat the Champion. Daugava, Colorado, and Orinoco, you are all wonderful walls and I love you all. I know it's not what you're used to, Orinoco, but you did a fine job nevertheless.

SO GUYS. I convinced my brother to trade me a Scyther egg in exchange for a Pineco egg. The Scyther hatched right now! It has Technician and is Hasty natured, which at the very least isn't a completely shitty nature for Scyther(though I would prefer Adamant). Going to evolve it when I get the chance and teach it Bullet Punch. Boy is my brother screwed now if/when we battle... :D

Back
Top Bottom