• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The HeartGold/SoulSilver Status Thread

LobStar is quite cute. :D However, I will probably end up going for a Greek location name like I did with the rest of my team. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Haha, Clamps is kind of adorable. I have a Krabby who I use as an HM slave, and he's called Clawpound. I was stuck for names, ehe. I just imagined a Krabby bashing its pincer against a rock or something. Even though I only use him for Cut, and previously Surf - he doesn't know Rock Smash. (Not sure if you thought I meant "Krabby" when I said "Kabby", but in case you were wondering, it wasn't a typo - just my obscure way of saying "Kabuto". Still, cute name for either!)

Last edited:
I got an Adamant Larvitar and am now training. I've been slacking off, WE'VE been slacking off; time to start training. Well, I'm training before I kick Jasmine's ass -- trying to get my whole team at Lv. 32+ I also caught a Lapras which I might train sometime.
The Eight Horsemen:
[Flare] Typhlosion, Lv. 36
[Cor] Dragonair, Lv. 30
Lapras, Lv. 16 (Just caught)
[Nightmare] Scyther, Lv. 30
[Voltage] Electabuzz, Lv. 30
[Artillery] Magmar, Lv. 30
And finally;
Schism the Larvitar!

Some of mah names aren't bad, right? But my friend is better. D: (Cantouctis the Shiny Machamp, it's mine, he gave me the nickname. :P)

EDIT: Whoops, meant Nightmare the Scyther, I accidently reffered to my ASB Scyther.

Last edited:
Used the Master Ball on Ho-oh, because honestly it give me a reason to play the game when I have to use Mean Look-Ultra Ball on the roamers.

And it's Sassy nature. WHO NEEDS SPEED WHEN YOU HAVE SPECIAL DEFENSE

Erika, Sabrina, and Janine were all pretty easy; I almost had Brock too, but since at some point I decided that deleting Razor Leaf for Cut on Victreebel was better than having to backtrack after going to fetch a slave I had no good grass moves and therefore nothing good to combat his rock/water types. I had him down to his Omastar and he killed me. >:|

TYPHLOSION lv. 45
"Calcifer" | Timid nature | Male

VICTREEBEL lv. 42
"Raja" | Modest nature | Male

POLITOED lv. 45
"Oolong" | Timid nature | Female

SCIZOR lv. 45
"Iris" | Brave nature | Female

UMBREON lv. 44
"Orpheus" | Sassy nature | Male

XATU lv. 45
"Ozymandias" | Modest nature | Male

[NEW SAVE FILE]
Name: Davis
Badges: 1
Position: About to enter the cave south of Violet.
Team:
Quilava
Bombsii the Quilava
LV17 Tackle / SmokeScreen / Ember / Quick Attack (need some stronger moves)

Dratini
Mirage the Dratini
LV16 Wrap (T.T)/ Dragon Rage / Thunder Wave / Twister

Pikachu
Volkner the Pikachu (soon to be Raichu at first oppurtunity)
LV11 Thundershock / Tail Whip / Growl / Thunder Wave

Wooper
Squishy the Wooper
LV6 Water Gun / Tail Whip / Mud Sport

Hope to be adding a few more when a few more decent pokemon come along. I'm thinking of returning to the Sprout Tower to catch myself a Gastly.

Bombsii- Where did you find the Dratini in your signature? I once made a Dratini revamp that looked like that one. I'm just wondering because I know I posted my revamp somewhere but I can't remember where :P

Anywaaaay, I've got about 8000 coins now. ONLY 2000 MORE COINS OF FAILURE UNTIL I GET ICE BEAM!

Bombsii- Where did you find the Dratini in your signature? I once made a Dratini revamp that looked like that one. I'm just wondering because I know I posted my revamp somewhere but I can't remember where :P

That's Dratini's Diamond/Pearl sprite. Sorry.

In the Lighthouse at the moment, having just beaten Morty. Gengar was fun, I sued Raillicot the Eevee to decrease its accuracy (Sand Attack <3) to virtually zero, then attacked it with Orcesis the Murkrow's Pursuit.

Serfia (Growlithe) level 23, Roar, Flame Wheel, Leer, Odor Sleuth
Raillicot (Eevee) level 23, Helping Hand, Sand-Attack, Growl, Quick Attack
Remolo (Bayleef) level 24, Reflect, Synthesis, Magical Leaf, PoisonPowder
Rafeil (Shellder) level 24, Tackle, Icicle Spear, Protect, Surf
Valain (Nidorino) level 24, Horn Attack, Peck, Dig, Double Kick
Orcesis (Murkrow) level 24, Roost, Night Shade, Wing Attack, Pursuit

Will be getting a Dratini which shall be called Zeite from Kratos Aurion soonish. Not sure who to replace with it though. Probably Raillicot.

No, I definitely saw the other one there before :P

Anyway, Janine is down! And I can't beat Cal in the trainer house. That Meganium gave me a lot more trouble than it should have, for me having a Typhlosion.

I just owned that hacking little twit known as Lance. You know, the so-called Champion. I hope his slain Dragonite burn in the fiery pits of Hell. (I wish...)

Like I said earlier, me and Mamoswine smeared Clair across the wall last night. Finally got all the badges and I'm all happy with myself when all of a sudden they start talking about these Kimono bitches? I was confused why in the original Gold, they were one-shot trainers you blew through and never saw again, and now they're in HeartGold kicking my ass up and down the wall. UUUUUUM wut.

But I finally managed to train my team up just a bit and lay the hurt down on these chicks. It wasn't exactly EASY but I managed. My encounter with that Umbreon has told me that I need a fighting type in my team BADLY. So I'll probably grab a Machop or something before I try anything with the E4.

Also caught Ho-oh. Only used three Ultra Balls. :O Funny what reducing it down to 1 hp and having it asleep can do. I have no interest in ever using it or even taking it out of the PC. My REAL interest is the portable one shot Pokemon Center he carried. Mine now.

My dudes

Ysosrs (Crobat) level 37
Chet (Slowbro) level 38
Worf (Magmar) level 38
Lurpak (Ampharos) level 38
Hubert (Mamoswine) level 39

So I guess Imma go get a Machop or somat now. Also, still looking for a Houndour. I was told I could get one before the E4, dammit!

So I'm doing some extreme level grinding in my Platinum right now. Toto was raised to level 78, I'll probably get my Snorlax and the others to like 72 or something.

Oh sweet Mamoswine are OU. Didn't know that.

I beat the E4 last night...and Lt. Surge!

My team:

Dragonite

Raidiant <F>
Bold, Inner Focus

-ExtremeSpeed
-Ice Beam
-Dragon Pulse
-Flamethrower

Butterfree

Tuuli <F>
Quirky, Compoundeyes

-Energy Ball
-Bug Buzz
-Stun Spore
-Psychic

Togetic

Hikari <M>
Naughty, Serene Grace

-Fly
-AncientPower
-Extrasensory
-Shadow Ball

Ariados

Adrian <M>
Sassy, Insomnia

-Sucker Punch
-Spider Web
-Bug Bite
-Poison Jab

Lanturn

Susa-no-o <M>
Modest, Volt Absorb

-Thunder Wave
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Signal Beam

Feraligatr

Shui <F>
Sassy, Torrent

-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Ice Fang
-Waterfall

Finished training Snorlax last night, now I'm going to send over Ho-Oh to Platinum to do some more training.

I've been playing Chrono Cross and Final Fantasy Tactics alot recently, so needless to say, I haven't had much time for SoulSilver.

HOWEVER. Yesterday I finally beat Lance. The trick was getting Electrode to 2-shot the Gyarados before the Gyarados could kill my Electrode. The 3 Dragonites were a pain in my ass, I had to rely on waiting for them to hurt themselves in confusion or miss in order to actually do any damage to them. And the two that used Thunder really sucked. I had to take down Charizard and Aerodactyl with my Electrode and Feraligatr only, that was fun. The battle with Charizard was intense, because Feraligatr was the only one left, and Charizard was his only one left.

I beat Lt. Surge and I'm training everyone up on Gym trainers before I decide to go off against the actual gym leaders, like Sabrina. I've decided that I'm going to use my traded Dratini now, because if I want to beat Red I NEED a sixth Pokemon. Plus, I'm going to have to level up my team insanely for Red as well, considering how much of a hard time I had simply with the E4.

My team (Everyone is Lv. 44-45)
Feraligatr
Dodrio
Electrode
Rapidash
Kangaskhan
Lv. 21 Dratini to be trained

I'm also considering what I'm going to do for my next playthrough of the game. I'm the kind of person that, when I get a new game, I play straight through it a few times obsessively, before playing through it and doing the optional stuff.

Lance is a cheating bastard. That's all I have to say.

I think my Slowking's just not cutting it for Ice moves. Probably going to switch out Gengar or Umbreon for something Ice. Maybe Glaceon. Maybe Dewgong (gongong). And I think that Heracross would be good? For Karen and just in general? In any case, I need to level a bit before I can beat Lance.

Pokeymanz:

Umbreon, Level 38
Payback
Faint Attack
Confuse Ray
Flash

Slowking, Level 40
Surf
Zen Headbutt
Whirlpool
Avalanche

Ampharos, Level 40
Discharge
Charge
Headbutt
Strength

Typhlosion, Level 38
Blast Burn
Quick Attack
Smokescreen
Lava Plume

Gengar, Level 38
Hypnosis (NEED DREAM EATER BADLY GHARHARGLE)
Curse
Shadow Ball
Shadow Punch

Dragonair, Level 35
Dragon Rage
Thunder Wave
Twister
Waterfall

Just lost to Lance in the first round of the Elite Four. Now getting rid of Mirage (Dragonair)
and switching to Cotton (Flaafy)

Currently my team stands as:

Hydra/Gyarados
Autumn/Meganium
Ho-oh (probably going to be nicknamed Apollo, with Lugia as Morpheus)
Muscle/Machamp (traded from that guy in Goldenrod)
Doug/Nidoking
Cotton/Flaafy

Though I might consider EVing Elekid or Shinx.

Brock and Blaine are down now, which makes 5/8 Kanto gyms. I'll probably go ahead and try to beat the rest tonight. I want to finish up so I can start having fun. :v

Back
Top Bottom