• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The LGBT Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last 6 or so posts made me literally lol. XD

#1 pet peeve: People digging through my stuff
#2 pet peeve: People forcing me to do or say stuff
#3 pet peeve: Being confronted unexpectedly

Mom digging through my personal crap, reading something that reveals I'm gay, and dragging me out of the closet when I'm not even close to prepared:

Priceless. >/

I have an appointment at the gender clinic in 18 days oh god
And since I'm going alone, this means I will have to use a crapload of public transport.

I also have to get up REALLY early since the appointment is at 10am >:| it takes 2 hours just to get to Nottingham on the train and then god knows how long of bus trips fff

Mom digging through my personal crap, reading something that reveals I'm gay, and dragging me out of the closet when I'm not even close to prepared:

Priceless. >/

): That's awful. Are you doing okay? Have you spoken to her about it?

I have an appointment at the gender clinic in 18 days oh god
And since I'm going alone, this means I will have to use a crapload of public transport.

Good luck! :D

I don't know if anyone here has seen or even heard of the TV series Dead Like Me? It was made by the same guy who made Pushing Daisies (and was likewise prematurely cancelled).

I was watching S2 today, and there's a subplot in an episode in which one of the Reapers, Daisy, is sent to collect the soul of an S. Samson (Reapers are only given a post-it with the surname, initial and time of death of the person they're going to Reap), and she goes to the waiting room of a cosmetic surgery clinic.
She finds the person she'll be Reaping by asking "There's a problem with S. Samson's insurance", and it turns out "S" stands for Stan, the only guy in the waiting room. He tells her "Your company has made it incredibly clear that you're not going to pay for me" or something, and they have a brief conversation in which Stan reveals he* wants to undergo sex reassignment surgery.
Stan's killed in an accident moments later, but Daisy can still see and talk to his soul, and invites him to come for a walk with her before he Passes On.
They go outside and talk about how he'd always wanted to be female, and how his mother always prayed for him ("but not even a million prayers could turn me into a girl").
Daisy's been thinking a lot about religion in the few episodes previous, and suggests they go to a church and do some praying of their own. Stan agrees, but when they reach the (empty) church, he starts yelling at God for being so cruel (for putting him in a man's body, not letting him die). He says he'll forgive God, but only if God apologises first. As soon as he says it, the big stained-glass window is broken by a rock from outside. Daisy goes outside to investigate, and Stan Passes On while she's gone. Daisy's puzzled when she comes back and he's not there, but quickly realizes what happened. She smiles, kneels in a pew, looks up at the smashed window and prays "Blessed art thou among women".

He wasn't a major character, but I just thought it was really lovely to see a transgender character portrayed sympathetically - aside from Transamerica, I can't actually think of another TV/film protrayal of a transgender character past "she used to be a man!" jokes.

(*I'm referring to Stan as male here because the character physically presents as male and introduces himself as Stan)

Last edited:
Also, the Portuguese president had until the 28th of April to veto or pass the gay marriage law. He has done neither.
ANIBAL GET OFF YOUR LAZY VAMPIRE ASS AND DO SOMETHING GOOD GOD

Gah. I know it sounds awful, but I do wish I could change my sexuality. Because I know I'm inevitably going to have to come out someday. Or maybe I won't, because I'm such a freaking coward.

Mom asked me the other day if I was gay... she said it would be okay if I were. But I denied it. >_>; Ugh! Nobody outside of TCoD even knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom