• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Platinum Status Thread

Beat Volkner, caught Uxie and Azelf, got through Victory Road, beat Rival, and training my E4 team on my Diamond. All are gonna be level 70

Torkoal
Moves: Flamethrower, Body Slam, Lava Plume, Heat Wave

Dewgong
Moves: Brine, Sheer Cold, Aqua Tail, Aqua Jet

Cacturne
Moves: Faint Attack, Sucker Punch, Needle Arm, Giga Drain

Froslass
Moves: Psychic, Ominous Wind, Ice Shard, Blizzard

Magnezone
Moves: Spark, Magnet Bomb, Zap Cannon, Flash Cannon

Marowak
Moves: Bone Club, Bonemerang, False Swipe, Bone Rush

I've beaten the E4 today~ Took long enough, but that's what I get for backtracking.

[Pein] Gliscor (m) lv. 60
[Omega] Lucario (f) lv. 61
[Eddie] Luxray (m) lv. 60
[Raine] Infernape (f) lv. 61
[Torrent] Golduck (m) lv. 61
[Alphonse] Togekiss (m) lv. 61

All right. NOW I'm wondering two things:

One. Where do I find the Celestic Elder? I searched Celestic Town, including the ruins.
Also, what do I do to gain access to the places other than the Fight Area? There are people blocking my way.

Status STILL hasn't changed. Stupid me and my lazy Pokemon training.

HOWEVER, I am EV training a Tropius.

Celestic Town's elder is the old lady in the big house directly above the ruins.

And to get to the other areas on the island... did you get the National Pokédex yet? I'm not sure if that's it (since I already had the National Pokédex before I ever went to the Battle Zone island), but the game might block you off if you don't have the National Pokédex yet.
Other than that, the only thing I can think of is the Flint/Volkner double battle... but I seem to remember the game pretty much forcing you into that one, so I don't know if anyone could've missed it.

I have just beaten Maylene, (who was very, very easy) and now I'm training on Route 214 for a bit.
This is my current team.

Monferno Vulcan ♂ Level 28
gardevoir Minerva ♀ Level 30
Grotle Cybele ♂ Level 31
Togetic Averruncus ♂ Level 27
Marshtomp Volturnus ♂ Level 26
Rotom Morta N/A Level 30

I have 4 badges, and a time of 34:27. I have 97 in my Pokédex.

I just got Platinum yesterday afternoon:grin: Last night I had trouble sleeping so I beat Roark at like 2:00 in the morning. I just finished beating Mars at the Windworks.

Here's my team:

Chimchar Ferno Lvl. 13
Shellos Pinko Lvl. 11
Shinx Rustica Lvl. 14
Onix Rocky Lvl. 14
Starly Starla Lvl. 13

Celestic Town's elder is the old lady in the big house directly above the ruins.

And to get to the other areas on the island... did you get the National Pokédex yet? I'm not sure if that's it (since I already had the National Pokédex before I ever went to the Battle Zone island), but the game might block you off if you don't have the National Pokédex yet.
Other than that, the only thing I can think of is the Flint/Volkner double battle... but I seem to remember the game pretty much forcing you into that one, so I don't know if anyone could've missed it.
You're given an option to fight Flint and Volkner, but beating them is one of the requirements for getting the guys to let you leave the Fight Area.

But I thought I needed to see Heatran to complete it. Unless...

What IS the Pokémon between Palkia and Rotom?

I have finally finished EV training a Gengar, which marks my first ever EV trained pokemon. I taught it Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, Focus Blast, and Icy Wind, and am going to give it a Life Orb when I'm done raising it to level 50. The IVs arent perfect, but a 25 in Special Attack and 13 in Speed, as well as 24 in HP, made it better than the other Gengar I caught. I might nickname it Ghengis, but I haven't decided yet.

I always wanted to say this:

I Metronomed the heck out of a Gym Leader and won. Oh Cynthia I love you so much! Thank God for that Togepi!

Grotle Mr.Wiggles (too lazy/depressed to list moves)

luxray E'clair

misdreavus *insert japanese letters here*

Togepi Pipipi (yeah don't ask)

eevee Apologies (see the Grr thread as to why it has that name)

I caught a Ralts today but that's beside the point.

You guys are lucky, I hate Australian release dates. ,xP

For once it would be nice to be able to play awesome new games at the same time as everyone else(while they're actually new!), instead of being all excited 2 months later when everyone else is like "meh, 2 month old game".

Anyway, I have 3 teams planned out for now.

I'll probably slip into the pokemon centre early to trade some low levels over as well.
My in-game team will probably consist of:
espeon(Rizhauxzer) - sweeper.
umbreon(Shankers) - HM slave.
raichu(Raelle) - HM slave.

Maylene has been defeated, I now have a Togetic (Pipipi shall eventually be renamed to Pipipixie. ^^), and Japanese Misdreavus hated me all battle. God.

Though thank God Togetic can learn Fly and Defog.

You guys are lucky, I hate Australian release dates. ,xP

For once it would be nice to be able to play awesome new games at the same time as everyone else(while they're actually new!), instead of being all excited 2 months later when everyone else is like "meh, 2 month old game".

Hey, you guys get the Rangers Apprentice Series. D:

So yesterday I decide to go catch Heatran. I start up the battle, and after I've weakened him with my Floatzel i send out my souped-up Rayquaza to provide defense. Turns out I needed defense, because the stupid thing resisted all 40 Ultra Balls I threw at it. Not only that, he killed Rayquaza due to a combination of three Metal Sounds and a lava plume that critical hit'd him. So I send out my Ho-oh to provide defense, and after he breaks out of all of my Dusk balls, I toss out the only thing I have left: a Great Ball.

...And it catches him. Go figure.
Why do you use Ultra Balls? An activated Dusk Ball has a 4x catch rate; an ultra ball has a 2x catch rate. Ultra Balls are more expensive than Dusk Balls and all you need to do to activate a Dusk Ball is play after 7pm.

Why do you use Ultra Balls? An activated Dusk Ball has a 4x catch rate; an ultra ball has a 2x catch rate. Ultra Balls are more expensive than Dusk Balls and all you need to do to activate a Dusk Ball is play after 7pm.

Or use them in caves, like you would to catch Heatran.

Well, I was rushing to get Heatran, and it never occurred to me that he would resist them, since I caught him within my first few turns in Diamond.

Of course, I'm kind of proud of the fact that I nabbed him with a Great Ball.

Hey, you guys get the Rangers Apprentice Series. D:

OMG I'M UP TO TEH THIRD BOOK

HAVE THE ICEBOUND LANDS, DAMN LIBRARIES DDDD:

*cough*

SO I was searching for a Bagon near Celestic Town, and the first Pokemon that I Pokeradar is a Scyther. I go 'wtf' and catch it, take two steps, and Zapdos appears. It gets away, since I wasn't prepared for catching a Zapdos, and I keep Pokeradaring. A few Bibarels later, Moltres appears. :DDD It gets away too, aaand another Scyther appears. Four Scythers later the Bagons appear, and I get a chain of like, twenty Bagons.

Platinum loves me. :DDDD

:3 I bought it last night, and have just beaten Jupiter, except now my DS needs to be charged :(

Burn Monferno M Lv. 23 Mach Punch, Rock Smash, Ember, Flame Wheel

Cleopatra Luxio F Lv. 21 Tackle, Bite, Charge, Spark

Chuck Machop M Lv. 21 Karate Chop, Low Kick, Seismic Toss, Focus Energy

Sam Bidoof M Lv. 12 Tackle, Growl, Defense Curl, Cut (HM slave)

Kudos if you get where I got the Machop and Bidoof's nicknames from.

Back
Top Bottom