• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Royal Wedding

It's a big thing here (because we're, you know, commonwealth) and it's going to be on nearly every channel I think. :|

I really couldn't care less. Nobody in my family cares about the royal family at all, but I might end up sort-of watching it because my neighbours are having a bit of a party-thing on the day, and I'll probably end up going because I can play Pokemon and discuss the new Who episodes with their kids (who are 9 and 11 years old). Also, free food.

Judging by the Americans I met on my trip, people in the US are more excited about it than most people in the UK are.

I'll probably end up going because I can play Pokemon and discuss the new Who episodes with their kids (who are 9 and 11 years old).

Don't you love being reminded that Doctor Who is meant as a kid's show?

Judging by the Americans I met on my trip, people in the US are more excited about it than most people in the UK are.

Must have been where you were. But I've heard this before. On BBC America they have a special where they follow Americans who are waaay to fanatic about the Royal Family. Yet I mentioned this to a friend who went, "What prince?" so yeah it must vary on the location.

They've declared a bank holiday for it right?

Don't really care, but I have a (Romanian) friend who is really excited. She likes the fact that we have royals; I like the fact that we get a bank holiday. Although actually not that much, because it's potentially depriving me of a revision session for exams... eh. It's sweet that they're getting married and everything, but yeah.

I'm very thankful that we're getting a ridiculously long Easter partly because of the wedding, but otherwise I don't care at all.

I plan to watch this as intently as I watch the Queen's speech every year. (not at all)

I'm very thankful that we're getting a ridiculously long Easter partly because of the wedding, but otherwise I don't care at all.

My Easter holidays seems to be a week or two after everyone else's so I don't get any extra days off :C

I'll go ahead and say I'm happy for them, but I only watch weddings that I'm invited to. All I know is that they're showing it on all of the big Canadian channels. So the whole wedding only matters to me if it overlaps with a hockey game on CBC >:(

^Apparently my sarcasm was a fail.

There was a huge thing on the news about it last night. It's getting a bit excessive. I suppose it's a the worse over there.

"/me scoots a little closer to the cake."

That's a friend of mine's opinion on weddings on the MUD we play, which usually turns into a bloody battle over which of us gets to steal a piece first, and it applies quite nicely to IRL weddings I dun care about. Yay that people who love each other wanting to spend their lives together though.

I definitely don't mind how big it is, especially in their home country. It's one of those once-in-a-lifetime type events and I can see how excited people are getting. ^^ I'm not a big wedding girl, though. Princesses and frilly white wedding dresses is going to be slipping underneath my radar while I read about Libya or something...

I'm actually excited as hell for this, have been following it in the news, and will be watching it.

*avoids rotten tomato aimed at my face*

Back
Top Bottom