• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Twitter

http://twitter.com/antialiasis

It's mostly my thoughts on whatever I'm doing/watching/reading at the moment. So the last few at the time of posting are about morality in Death Note, while before that I'm talking about computer repairs, the Pokéwalker, Shadey, Back to the Future and A Very Potter Musical. Then if you go a bit further back I'm mostly raving about Buffy. In short, tends to reflect my current obsessions. I rarely talk about anything important.

I am a huge fan of The Amber Benson Stalking Device The Stephen Fry Stalking Device Twitter.

www.twitter.com/dannichu

I'm one of those people who say things like "I must tweet about this!" or "I know, it was a trending topic on Twitter this morning!".

Good times.

https://twitter.com/Arylett

I tend to use Facebook more for this sort of thing, and as such don't really much use my Twitter. But if anybody cares, I usually just occasionally buzz in with immensely vague statements about how I feel or uh, whatever else happens to be on my mind, which is likely to be boring and dorky.

I've never really understood Twitter.

It's like text messaging... but without the portability (unless you have one of those overpriced new cell phones with Internet access) and all the actually useful features of the phone. Or Facebook's status updates, but without the rest of Facebook. And it has a forced character limit, so your posts are either going to be very short or full of incoherent Internet-speak just to abbreviate everything down enough to fit it all in.

I mean, I don't hate it or anything (unlike many things on the Internet...), but I just don't see the point of it.

Baybee! You can receive and send tweets from your phone without internet access depending on what network you're on.

Hmm... didn't know that.

Of course, I'm the last person on Earth over the age of 16 who doesn't have a cell phone (nobody ever calls me anyway, so it'd just be a waste of money... the only reason I'm even considering getting one is just in case I ever get stranded somewhere or end up in some kind of emergency and need to call for help), so I haven't really been keeping up with exactly what they can and can't do.

Facebook status updates without the rest of Facebook largely covers it... which is actually a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I really don't want the rest of Facebook. If I posted everything I put on Twitter as status updates on Facebook, I'd be spamming up the home pages of all my friends with stuff they're probably not interested in. On Twitter, people aren't your friends; they "follow" you, with the explicit implication that they're doing so because they're interested in what you have to say, not out of one of the tiresome social obligations that drive Facebook. Thus, I can ramble as I like, safe in the knowledge that if people get tired of my incessant chatter, they can just unfollow me and be on their way. And that people won't constantly be inviting me to stupid groups or games or want me to confirm their friend requests.

Back
Top Bottom