• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Suggestions Wave goodbye to your secret crap, dumbass!

Re: (Requests Maybe) Light My Candle?

Aww, the fakemon is cute; I love the pink-and-purple colouring.

The Red one looks really great; the shape of the faces and the expressions are lovely. The only thing that looks a little off is that the, uh, non-Ed person's hairline is very... receeded.

I don't believe I've commented here before...? Shame on me.

To start with; I really, really like your lineart. It's so smooth and pretty and stuff~ It gives your stuff a softer look, which is awesome on stuff like the Palkia one, because it's unexpected. Usually he's all blocky and sort of square, but he almost looks elegant in that one. You're also very good at anatomy and your way of drawing eyes is lovely.

Ahh there's too much stuff here to go all the way through and ramble on about, so I'll just go with some favourites.

Eee@ the This is Halloween ones. I like the way you've done the teeth on the Under Your Bed one (that sounds... weird), overlapping the opposite teeth and covering the lip, uh, area. If that made sense. The clawed hands are awesome, and it's eyes remind me of Gluttony's. O_o The style you've written the lyrics in is also very gothic~

Smile for the People - aah. :D I love the heavy areas of shadow on Zombiefons' face and around his eye; the spatters of blood also have a really good effect.

The Hallelujah ones~ So pretty. The heads/faces are so good in these - I especially like the, uh, fourth page's largest panel.

The Fakemon: I like most of them, but favourites are Ralem (flaming goat yess), Tankoo, Homuncul (the colouring is cool and I like the lineart, but the wing furthest away from us looks... a little high on the body compared to the closest one?) and Fuzzle (so fuzzy 8D).

RSP Sheila is absolutely gorgeous~ I love the little super-curly tufts of fur and her eye is pretty. (I need to think of another word to use instead of pretty. :/)

...Whenever I visit this thread I end up with some song or another stuck in my head for the rest of the day. You make me happy, when skies are grey~

All right. Can I please have a banner with a Suicune on the left, and a Luxray on the right? The background can be whatever you want, but I would prefer a moonlit sky. Text can be white, positioned on the middle top, saying "What is our destiny...?"

And if you can, make the Luxray's eyes blank, and a very light gray. It's not necessary, but if you can, please do it.

Thanks ahead of time ;)

darksong-request.png

how's that~?

Yay! I like how you did it so fast.

Thanks so much, FMC! I'll use it right away!

welcome. :3

Ok, so. I was bored, and I made a TON of random Pokemon avis. If you wanna use 'em... uh.. ask or something? Also, ask and I can put words and stuff on 'em for you~

moltres.png
crobat.png
eevee.png
mew.png
nidoking.png
alakazam.png
drifblim.png
sceptile.png
staraptor.png
umbreon.png
celebi.png
aggron.png
manectric.png
armaldo.png
lunatone.png
solrock.png

Also name a pogey and I can try to do an avi of it~

EDIT because Kusari is win~

loltwilight-crobats.png

Last edited:

You said to name one and you'll try to do an avvie! So do Mewtwo please!

Oh, wow, you're really great at drawing. I like how you draw faces and eyes.
A lot.
Anyhow, would it be possible for you to draw Banette or Sneasel holding a little flower/fluff-thing (think Horton Hears a Who) and staring in wonder? I'd love to see that.

\sed;hfzc the Light My Candle one is SO AWESOME! :D

Sorry about my late, late post, but arghasdkds, it's amazing~ Ed is adorable.

I love the shoulder of the leopard one. And the chin. And the anatomy in general.

And your avatars are all really, really cool. I could stare at them for ages o.o

Hi FMC, I really liked that Stantler evo you drew for my game (Tropiking's finished the sprite in my thread if you want to see it) and was wondering if you could make a banner including the Stantler Evo, the pokemon logo and the words Pokemon Aotearoa. Also if you can, can you put snow on the ground and snow falling but you don't have to. Any pose for the Stantler Evo will be fine.
If you can do this, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks.

EDIT: Actually, drop the pokemon logo and just have the Pokemon Aotearoa.

waaarg I let this place die, uh. SO, I'll get on that banner, but I'm not at my house ATM, and moony doesn't have photoshop >_>; And I'm not done Ayame's picture, but I will be soon.

In the meantime, here's all the doodlepages I did for WW's project, and a WIP of my own.

Doodlepages:

2 3 4 5

Aaaand the WIP which has taken FOREVER (two weeks) and isn't done ; ;

oooh oooh oooh so that's what is behind the gate!

Anyway, everything looks amazing as always.

Wants a banner! Uhm. Salamence and Latias, with text saying 'Breaking the dark of night' near the top, and 'Piercing through the painted white' around the bottom. Take your time, there's no rush.

Your art rules =D I can't think of anything else to say.

Wow. Your art makes me go "I friggen wish I could draw like that!" and "Okay.. gonna have nightmares for weeks now.." simultaneously. That's a compliment. ^^
Random request: Can you draw Twilight, my character from the RSP? With Edward talking to her and looking really creeped out. But, you don't have to. So.. yeah.

Last edited:

Oh, wow, I really like the Light my Candle comic thing so far. I especially like the first panel (Edward's pose and expression is great) and the "What are you staring at?" and "Nothing!" panels. Ehehe. It's also very cool that you've made another strip that I can sing along to. XD

Ooh, the cheetah thing is amazing; you're very good at anthros. All the tiny dots must have taken a while, but they came out looking really impressive. I also like the colouring on Kusari's fakemon there. I could go on about the pages for the project thing but it's mainly the same stuff - great lineart, pretty eyes and some really cool designs. The Kiwi and the Hummingbird are both especially awesome. X3

The WIP... wow. I really like how it's really smooth and snakelike; the shading is done well too.

Those icons are so... sparkly. :D I approve; it's much the same reaction to the banners.

Brought to you by Another Late Post From Kinova. :D;

Ok, some of the requests:

WW:
Aotearoa.png

It's larger than I normally do but hey.

XDFX:
dragonfire-request.png

I got Ayame's done but I can't find it arg. I'll scan it when I do. And I'll get started on Evoli's.

While we're at it:

A Shaymin doodle.

Back
Top Bottom