• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What part of the franchise are you interested in?

Spoon

Pronoun
she
Sorry for the unwieldy title; if someone could come up with a better way to phrase it, I'd really appreciate it.

So considering how many parts there are to the Pokemon franchise, I think it'd be cool to discuss what parts still keep you interested in it. It doesn't have to be just the games, TCG, and such, either; any part of fandom is fine, too.

For myself, I've kept to the games and fandom for the most part. I watched the anime when I was younger, but not very often anymore. Might watch some for nostalgia or to waste time. For the games, I've played all of the main series games and a good chunk of the spin-offs. I don't battle competitively, however. Uh, as for fandom, I tend to keep up with the news, visit forums, and draw Pokemon. On the other hand, I've barely touched any fanfiction. I've read what manga Viz has released in the past few years, and besides what Negrek has posted, nothing online. And that's about all of it.

Games
Rps
Imagination
DeviantArt browsing
And I follow the anime as its released and english subbed.

Yeah, just a basic person. Oh, and I create characters with defined backgrounds and personalities, as well as their Pokemon. Yeah....

Games
RP
Fanart/Fanstories
Using my imagination with it!

That's pretty much it. I used to like the Anime, but I've kind of been deterred from it. Yeah...

I mostly just play the games, but I like to play the cards with my sister sometimes. Drawing and looking at other people's drawings especially is fun.
Also imagination~ :D I like to imagine my Pokemon in the games with different personalities and stuff, make up stories, make my own Pokemon, and other stuff :D

And merchandise. I love Pokemon plushies and shirts and stuff ><

I have played the main-series games since Red came out. I've played a few spinoffs, my first was the original Pinball, but I never played the R/S version of pinball

I've played Mystery Dungeon 2, think the one I had (it was on my bros R4 card) was Darkness. Admittedly, I got hooked for a bit, but I couldn't beat Darkrai so I went off it. By the time that happened, I think either Platinum or HG/SS were on their way to England so it was back to endless hours of good ol proper Pokemon.

I've played Ranger, but I didn't really enjoy it. Never played the sequels for that exact reason

I've played Ranger, but I didn't really enjoy it. Never played the sequels for that exact reason

Actually, the next two games in the series really improve on the original game. If you absolutely hated the original game, they probably won't change your opinion. But! If you kind of liked them, but a few things got on your nerves, like how loops had to be continuous to capture and the restrictions on where you could bring certain Pokémon, you might want to take a second look.

Oh, expanding on what voltianqueen said, I have a bit of an interest in Pokémon merchandise, but considering how costly they can get I haven't seriously considered collecting.

UoU I do main-series games and sometimes PMD, as well as TCG Collecting (I used to play too, but the store that hosted the league closed. I still have several hundred cards haha.), and RP/Fakemon making.

I tend to mostly ignore the manga/anime as they don't really interest me, and while I have played some side-games (I own the second Ranger and have played the console games and Trozei) most of them are okay but not omgmustown. XD was fun though.

I absolutely love the pokémon fandom, and a lot of my time on deviantart is spent reading things like Vhu's OCT entries. (please read it you will not regret it) The fact that people love pokémon enough to make story-length, well-drawn comics about it for little to no return is astounding to me. I love the fanart and the fanfics and everything.

I love the main games as well of course, and have owned one from each generation. Colosseum was pretty good too. I love the Mystery Dungeon games too, although I've never technically finished one of them entirely.

If I had every single physical copy of the manga series on hand, then I would read it but honestly I can't be bothered to muck about online with it.

I actually quite love the anime for what it is, and the new series is certainly over the seasonal rot. It's still goofy and weird, but I can't help but to like it so much! :D

games mostly
also having terrific dorky conversations about ev's and ev training with my boyfriend on a daily basis

I like all of them, except for maybe the card game (well, they do have pretty artwork). My favorite though is still the games.

games, anime and the fandom. oh and merchandise... when i can afford it.....

without the fandom i would have no friends. at all.

The Manga. @_@

Seriously, that is some epic stuff. (though I'm abit behind on D/P/Pl and B/W)

Aaaand other than that mainly the games. I love the challenge community. "Lets play through the game without using pokemon centers using only a Magikarp" Classic. =P

The parts of the fandom I'm interested in are:

ASB
TCG - Although I'm terrible.
Competitive Battling - See above.
The Manga - Although I don't like the DPPt ones. The Black/White Adventures one seems promising.
Occasionally the fanfics and the RPs, but good and coherent ones come once in a blue moon.
I also like making fan regions for no point what-so-ever.

I'm a gamer, and have been since I got Yellow version as my first-ever Gameboy Color game. I play occasionally now, but now that I've been exposed to more and different games, I play many more things that keep my attention away from Pokémon for long periods of time.
I've owned most main series games at one point or another, and I have all five Mystery Dungeon games, and a few other spin-offs here and there.

I still have some cards, which I draw sometimes.

Also I recently restarted an old fanfic idea I had attempted but never passed chapter 1 of. I've (from scratch) rewritten the prologue so far, and I think I like it better than the original prologue. My goal is to finish it before November so I can start its sequel as my first NaNoWriMo entry.

Mostly the games now, though some of the manga series seem kind of interesting (though it seems borderline-impossible to actually find them--I haven't actually seen any Pokémon manga for sale since the late '90s/early 2000s--so I probably won't ever get around to reading through them unless I stumble across scans of them online when I have time or something.)

Haven't had any real interest in the anime since 40 or so episodes in when I realized that it was pretty dumb and I was only watching it because it was (loosely) based on those games I liked. I still have a ton of the cards from around that time, but again, haven't really touched them in over a decade.

Every once and a while I get into making my own Pokémon or doing fanfiction-related stuff, though so far I've never actually gotten anywhere with a Pokémon fanfic (at least not since that awful one I wrote back in 1999 or so.) Some parts of the fandom tend to drive me away, though ("competitive battling", every single fanfic ever written seeming to be based on the anime rather than the games or anything else, shipping...)

Back
Top Bottom