• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The QUILTBAG Club (formerly the LGBT club)

I narrowly avoided being kissed around 3 or so times by pure accident, simply because I am terrible at picking up social/flirting ques and had no idea that they were 'going in for a kiss' or whatever. Pretty thankful that I managed to avoid them, looking back, by pure accident.

There's also one guy that I'm pretty sure thought we were going steady... yeah.

... Wow, Pathos, that's mildly alarming. D:

I've never kissed a girl! But considering I've never been attracted to a girl in real life who I have ever actually had a conversation with (sad face, I am so lame) this probably makes sense. That and I'm currently in a monogamous relationship so that would be bad news bears if it had happened in the last... year and almost eleven months (christ).

(to clarify, while my signature claims that I have a crush on every boy, I actually have crushes on a lot of boys and some girls. For some reason I'm hesitant to apply 'bisexual' to me, so I prefer Kinsey-2.)

... Wow, Pathos, that's mildly alarming. D:

I've never kissed a girl! But considering I've never been attracted to a girl in real life who I have ever actually had a conversation with (sad face, I am so lame) this probably makes sense. That and I'm currently in a monogamous relationship so that would be bad news bears if it had happened in the last... year and almost eleven months (christ).

(to clarify, while my signature claims that I have a crush on every boy, I actually have crushes on a lot of boys and some girls. For some reason I'm hesitant to apply 'bisexual' to me, so I prefer Kinsey-2.)

Oh god well. We were both really young and uh, well. I'm just very not aware of these things! It actually sort of happened another time with one of the guys who tried to kiss me, but I don't think he thought we were dating, I think other people thought we were dating.

I don't honestly know how I didn't realize it at the time, but. Ah well.

GUYS, I HAVE TO SHARE A BIT OF QUILTBAG-RELATED FAIL WITH YOU GUYS:

SO I was thinking about when/if I get married (meaning "if I end up spending the rest of my life with a guy/if gay marriage becomes legal in my lifetime), and I was thinking "Hmm, maybe I can invite Doc to my wedding!" (Doc is my awesome English teacher who's everyone's figurative grandpa and we all love him to death <3)

And then I thought "well Jeanine wouldn't have a problem with it so it would all be good! ...WAIT. That's not legal yet...and plus she doesn't like me back...I think."

I don't even know anymore *sighs*

So I pretty much came out as a transgendered person to my mom.

Her response: "But I don't want to have a son."

:(

Well that was quite selfish of her. You're your own damn person and you can be who you damn well want to be.

Oh my god my choir director, Eric, is the most obviously gay person ever, and the senior prank was today, and my friend Chris covered the walls of the choir room in pictures of cabana boys. Eric thought he was going to get fired for a moment. He said he kept some of them.

Guh, really pissed off at the moment. I fucking hate transphobic feminists. I've been seeing so much of them lately and it's really disheartening. They're so... vicious about it. also why do i keep reading rambling incoherent hateful rants that i know are just going to piss me off fuck

I'm really sorry. Is there any way you could convince her to let you see a counsellor? Try and explain to her how serious an issue this is to you and how much it's bothering you.

To add to all the trans discussion, my friend came out to me today as FtM. They told me that they don't care what pronouns I use for them, though. But I'm happy that they trusted me enough to come out to me!
(Thanks to the internet, I knew not to ask awkward questions about it and the first thing I asked was 'so do you want me to use male pronouns for you?' Thanks internet!)

Where the hell did this guy get his degree?

tumblr_llqnxmLV4y1qh9wg3.gif

Sooo... I told my friend that I loved him last night with the handy use of a poem and... I'm not too sure how he took it. The fact that I implied that he was gay didn't go down too well and he said that I was "completely wrong" but he said that he "reaaaally liked" the poem. But I didn't see him at all today, though, and half-term means that I'm not going to see him for another week. This could be awkward o.o
That is a great way of telling him you love him, though! The poem itself is very nice and it was rather sweet of you. Did you read it to him?

I mean when I told my friend I loved him it was right after he abandoned me in front of his house and I was standing in his street in the rain babbling about my love for him over the phone, which may or may not have contributed to the rejection I got.
Three days later we had a rather civil and reasonable discussion about it over some ice cream and now we're still close mates though so it all worked out better than expected (we won't go into the fact that I can't seem to get over him at all yet) and I'm sure it will for you as well.

I presume the Fox News guy didn't get his degree at Elton John's Gay School for Gays (Gay), which as we know is where all reputable people went to. *dons subtle rainbow peaked cap, scoffs*

I'm really enjoying staying at Joanna's house. I'm getting woken with a kiss each morning and it's impossible to be unhappy after that.
Plus I've found she's pretty... energetic
If you know what I mean

No reading - a friend of mine (who will recur later in this post) posted it on his Facebook and the other guy read it, and guessed who it was about. So sort of an inadvertant declaration. Meeeh, I'm still shitting bricks about seeing him again on Monday.
he posted it on the guy's facebook?
seriously?????
did you like... let him do that or did he do it himself or what

Should I take the opportunity and just be grateful that something has presented itself at least? Or should I let him down gently and just keep hoping that one of my other dotees is gay or bi?
a) Go out with a guy you don't really like, just because he likes you
b) Wait for a guy who you like and who likes you back
(hint: option b)

Don't ever be with anyone just to please them or just because they like you. It never ends well :(

as for the last bit I have no idea there man
but I suggest to not keep bringing up what he meant by it. just see how it goes????

No reading - a friend of mine (who will recur later in this post) posted it on his Facebook and the other guy read it, and guessed who it was about. So sort of an inadvertant declaration. Meeeh, I'm still shitting bricks about seeing him again on Monday.

But, dilemma which I need some QUILTBAG advice on. Basically on Friday this gay guy who I've been getting on really well with and texting and constantly talking to over Facebook has invited me to the cinema, and although he's told one of my friends that it isn't a date, he's been acting really rather flirty towards me (example, I was talking about my offering to go to third base with another guy for some reason I can't remember and he said "well, he definitely should want to. in fact, most guys would with you ;)") and it's just me and him. So I'm expecting it, and taking it tentatively as a date. But basically, he's not the most attractive guy in the world. I mean, he's not bad at all, but he isn't in the same league as possibly-but-having-tea-with-Mr-Tumnus gay guy to whom I wrote the poem, or another guy who is bi but in a long-term and very complex relationship with a girl atm (which I will expand on) or other guys who are unfortunately straight. I mean... if he tries something on with me, what should I do? Should I take the opportunity and just be grateful that something has presented itself at least? Or should I let him down gently and just keep hoping that one of my other dotees is gay or bi?

Which brings me onto my final point. Was texting this bi guy last night (who is really adorable) and was explaining this dilemma to him, and here's the conversation for you:

Me: And there are no other free gay or bi guys that i fancy so...
Him: See what happens
Me: What do you mean?
Him: I'm interested in you
Me: Again, what do you mean?
Him: Doesn't matter:)
Me: No, seriously. Interested /like that/?
Him: No:L like i wanna know what happens

The "interested in you" - was it really the innocent "I want to see what happens" or was it "like that" like I thought last night? Because if there's a chance with him then guy who asked me to the cinema unfortunately takes second place...

God, I dunno what to do... advice?

I'm the first to admit that I'm shallow. I find looks incredibly important -- they are, and there's no getting around that for me -- but at the same time I don't think looks are everything, especially if you're looking for a relationship rather than relatively anonymous, meaningless sex. I think the right question to ask yourself isn't "do I want to settle for someone less attractive" but "Am I attracted to him regardless of whether or not there are more attractive people around?"

I also think the other bi guy is being at least a little bit flirtatious, and that something could possibly happen if you get into the right situations. Maybe. I don't know the situation of course, because I've only been exposed to it very briefly via text here, but that's what it looks like from this end.

Also, I'd like to say that regardless of whatever you decide to do, you should only do something when you're comfortable doing it. Don't rush into something just because you feel like you should. Do it because you want to. There was an almost five year gap in between my most recent sexy-times and that's not because I've had no opportunities, it's because I have standards and I wanted to do things when I wanted to do them. You're still young, and if nothing works itself out soon it's not the end of the world because there's still tons and tons of time left yet.

My brother is really getting on my nerves. First he doesn't believe that I'm ace, and then he says that gay people are disgusting. I hope I can change his mind so he doesn't grow up to be an ignorant bigot. Anyone got some interesting articles or statistics that I can use to convince him?

@Elliekat: there's an article here about asexuality you could reference. Read the "sex" part. Not saying it's a hundred percent accurate or whatever, but it seems to mention a wide variety of people's experiences with attraction and lack thereof - something to consider, hopefully? Just basically let your brother know asexuality exists. Hopefully he'll start to understand. As for the gay thing, there's a whole plethora of information out there! Could suggest he looks at AfterEllen and AfterElton to see just how many people use their site. There are lots of nice articles on both of those sites, too - have a general dig. There's also a very interesting and supportive column on AfterElton about bisexuality called Snails and Oysters. Sorry to hear your brother is being awkward; hopefully he'll learn.

Back
Top Bottom