• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Negrek
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• It looks like he already is marked as a ref?

And done, save for a few missing sprites! I'd been procrastinating on that, hahah. n.b. Beast Boost and Prism Armor aren't new, but I only just added them to the ASBdb, so they'll need descriptions too. Also I haven't filled in the new moves' energy costs.
    Just now saw this; I will have no time at all to write commands today, but I'll try to get them in by tomorrow. I know it isn't exactly 48 hours; that's why I wanted to let you know if it was ok.
    Question: since both Protect and Safeguard are up, which deflects the Hypnosis?

Edit: Another question- is the Hyper Beam intended as a one action attack?
    Hey just a gentle reminder that its your turn to give orders in your battle against Gzhoom
    Ahh this makes me really excited to travel again! Once I am employed, that will be my first plan (along with the other first plans of doing things like figuring out my life and such - I have a lot of things hinging on "when I get a job" and that's probably something I should re-evaluate at some point, haha)

My last engineering job was mainly floor support - if someone on the production floor was having a problem assembling their product, they would call me out and we'd work together to fix the problem. It was usually making them some kind of new tool or fixture to hold pieces - I was kind of a middleman between them and the team making the tools (although it was a bit of a struggle to insert myself into that process, since before I was hired (and probably again now that I'm gone), the floor would go straight to the guys making the tools). Honestly when I describe it like that, it sounds kind of cool, but there were two main problems with it: 1) I didn't feel very useful at first - the tool machinists pretty much knew what they needed to make and my attempts at design were usually counterproductive. Once I got the hang of it, though, it was helpful for me to go figure out what the floor needed so the tool machinists could keep going with less interruptions. And 2) I got interrupted /all/ /the/ /time/. I'm realistically assuming that I'll be interrupted occasionally at any job, but I'm optimistically assuming that this role was one particularly filled with interruptions. I could never get anything done that I set out to do, which was pretty demotivating. Part of that is something I need to improve on, and part of it was out of my control, I'd say.

As for what I want to do... I'm not sure! I'm interested in energy and the environment and I've had internships related to those before, so that might be an option. It's weird because I (for the most part) really don't know what engineering jobs are going to look like until I've been working them for a month or two or three haha.

What was your schooling in/what kind of job are you going to be looking for when you get back? I feel like maybe we've talked about this but I can't remember.

And ah art stuff! Yeah I haven't been posting too much art stuff on here. I used to, but then I started using deviantart, and then deviantart got to be a pain to update, so I started using Twitter/Instagram instead. I shall send you a link!

Yeah! I just want a flexible, whimsical life where I can do whatever I want from day to day! Ha. I guess instead I should do things like force myself to gain momentum on something... meh! Sounds boring :P

Ooh that would be quite the road trip! I've been to Alaska before and enjoyed it quite a lot - just the road trip through Alaska part sounds appealing :D Aw, do you ever go on Google Maps or something and just... zoom in to random places way far away, and imagine going there? I do that sometimes :D
    Heh. I'll sound the alarm for some other people who probably also haven't been online for a month on Telegram.
    Done! It should have given everyone $32, so I gave Zero Moment another $32 (I didn't actually remember to check before/after, but I set it up and tested it again on my test copy, and it did indeed give everyone $32).
    Yeah! It makes life instantly more interesting. And stressful. And whatnot. Pros and cons, y'know. I feel like it probably gives you a lot more appreciation for other cultures too, even if it's just something like a metro because that hardly even exists around me! It's almost like that's the /actual/ way to experience other cultures, just do day-to-day stuff. Haha oh no, but angry commuters sound a little scary!

And that's the spirit, getting to do it again after working for a while! I'm hoping soon I have a stable enough job where I can plan things like this. I've been applying to some more and am working on applying to one right now (writing this intermittently with a revised cover letter!) and thanks for the luck wish. There was one recruiter I worked with who seemed to keep wanting me to apply to jobs that were along the same line as the one I just left, and that had me feeling down for a while - like, only a year of experience and already I was being pigeon-holed?! But since then, I've spoken to another recruiter who basically gave me a list of all the engineering things in my area and didn't mention anything like, "only apply to this one," so that's probably good??

It's such a slow process haha. But I love the idea of it! I plan on continuing to write/draw/etc for pretty much forever, so if there's any way to generate some passive income from it, I'm all for it. Just gotta... be patient it seems haha.

It'd be so great to get paid to do things like that haha! I think that's why the idea of freelance is so appealing - do things like that when you have time to or when you need to. Just a lot of the time, freelance jobs don't seem as engaging as reffing fictional Pokemon battles. Go figure.

Also hey! Maybe by the time you're ready to travel again, I'll be able to go somewhere too! :D
    Glad the weather was good! Haha it's good to take time out, too. Oh man, when I was in Italy, two of my biggest success stories were finding a grocery store and a take-out pizza place all by myself. Sometimes it's just the fact of "I'm doing something simple that would be a breeze at home, by myself in a foreign country where I don't speak the language." It's like learning to do everything all over again or something!

Thanks! Haha yeah travel expenses probably induce some manner of anxiety... worth it though?!

Most of the businessy things were things like selling art/books on the side. For that to work, I'd have to be more consistent about creating these things, which does take some time. I have also been looking into freelance options - so far I haven't tried anything. I think I'm just scared to take on another job when I know my next one should probably last two years for resume building purposes. It feels like so much commitment!
    Hey Negrek, would it be okay if I sent in a picture of calculations done on paper? I don't like writing them up on my computer
    Oh, no, you did that right; it has to get looked over by another mod before the exp goes out (which seemed like a better idea when ASB was more active lol). I had huge plans for improving the entire battle recording UI that never really went anywhere, bluh.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom