• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ KronoGreen- you could use it in a double battle on your partner so that Ground moves won't hit it, which would be helpful if you had an electric type.

Yeah, it might be like a Worry Seed sort of deal, where it makes the opponent's ability Levitate. I dunno.

Hmm... The new abilities and such scream "Double Battle", in which something may be drastically changed.
I don't know if there will be any new double battle mechanics (triple battle?), but it seems that something's up with it.

looking up "araragi" (new professor's Japanese name) gave me the genus of a butterfly. Hmm. Perhaps we're departing from the tree formula?

I love the new pokemon, seriously. But one of Mamepato's abilities is bugging me. Pigeon Breast? Really?

aaaaaaa! The new Pokemon are all so cute! Mamepato is a must-get! I'm going to name mine Brewster and I'll teach him to brew coffee and...

Chiramii is like, diabetes cute. Do want. Mun'na is adorable too, even though I have no idea what the hell it is. Some kind of elephant? Shimama is original, some kind of electric zebra thingy. And I really like Meguroko, I bet it evolves into something that's fucking awesome. It's about time we got some other cute gator Pokemon.

The only one I don't like is Hihidaruma. Its evolutions might look cool, or it might grow a mustache of flames.

(1:26:29 PM) Vondell: http://pokebeach.com/news/0610/corocoro-new-pokemon-4.jpg that's a weird-ass region
(1:26:56 PM) NWT: green :3
(1:27:29 PM) Midnight: there's a giant desert... around all the green and ocean... for no reason
(1:27:46 PM) NWT: it might've been some sort of blast site
(1:27:49 PM) Midnight: and green on both sides of the mountain, which irks me
(1:29:09 PM) Midnight: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_shadow :|
(1:29:10 PM) Vondell: I can already tell that there's one mountain that's frozen and snowy next to two others that aren't
(1:29:33 PM) Vondell: this region looks spectacularly pasted-together
(1:29:34 PM) NWT: sandwiched between two that aren't
(1:30:06 PM) NWT: "we have some neat features here but they don't really mesh well"
(1:31:09 PM) Midnight: a giant city with absolutely no suburbs or urban sprawl
(1:31:36 PM) Vondell: it feels like they planned out each seperate bit and then thought "well we need to put these all into a region"
(1:31:37 PM) NWT: ("screw it")
(1:31:40 PM) Midnight: that oh yeah cropped up next to the /desert/ instead of any other acres of green
(1:31:44 PM) NWT: well there isn't exactly any room for it
(1:32:22 PM) Midnight: also, ferris wheel easily seen from aerial
(1:32:23 PM) NWT: there is some sort of waterpark past the upper end of the pokeball
(1:32:28 PM) Vondell: why is the perspective on the city so absolutely awful
(1:32:31 PM) NWT: or maybe a spring or just waterfall
(1:33:11 PM) Midnight: also as I mentioned before the architecture of the buildings is amazingly inconsistent
(1:33:25 PM) Midnight: it's like a fractal of inconsistency
(1:33:35 PM) Midnight: inconsistent turtles all the way down
(1:33:50 PM) NWT: turtles of inconsistency

(1:35:25 PM) Midnight: what are the red things on the bridge
(1:36:06 PM) Midnight: wait what the whating what
(1:36:19 PM) Midnight: is that a lighthouse between two /bridges/
(1:36:32 PM) Midnight: isshu you make /no/ sense!
(1:36:37 PM) NWT: ...
(1:36:40 PM) NWT: yes yes it is hahaha
(1:36:57 PM) Vondell: this reason screams badly-thought-out from every direction
(1:37:03 PM) Vondell: whoop
(1:37:05 PM) Vondell: region
(1:37:19 PM) Midnight: region without reasons
(1:37:45 PM) NWT: what is the pokeball thing in the middle for
(1:37:55 PM) Midnight: magic
(1:38:20 PM) Midnight: that is a really weird nonsensical manmade lake/island
(1:38:34 PM) Midnight: an island /on/ an island ty isshu

Chinchilla Pokemon. CHIN-FREAKING-CHILLA POKEMON. Chiramii is going straight onto my team the instant I find one. Hmm, Technician and Sweep Slap sounds like they'll go nicely together...

Munna feels like Drowzee but with overwelming cuteness. Eh, could be useful...

Gear with Plus or Minus? Do want.

Mamepato has a heart-theme going on, with the giant heart on its chest and an ability called Pigeon Heart. Not my favorite bird design, but I'll probably catch one anyways.

Hihidaruma? Eh...I'm not really a fan of him. Too creepy looking for my tastes.

I like Shimama. Looks like an interesting take on a Zebra.

Meguroko. OH MY GOD IT IS JUST SO ADORABLE AND AWESOME AND I WANT ONE. Plus it probably evolves into some pretty epic Pokemon. Just...SQUEEE!

serebii has confirmed that reshiram and zekrom and fire and electric/dragon types, respectively. they also have new abilities o: and zorua has to be caught by sending over the event celebi from hgss :|

I like Gear; it reminds me of Magneton but with a Digimon-ish feel. In fact, there was some Digimon that looked a LOT like it...

Chiramii is just adorable.

I like Meguroko, although... desert crocodile? Never heard of that. o.o

oh yeah, there was some kind of digimon like gear! :D i think i remember it, but not its name. :.

Out of the new ones, I think that Munna has the biggest potential to have epic evolutions, and at the same time, horrible evolutions. It's species, "Dream Eater Pokémon" says enough.

Also, Reshiram is a Dragon/Fire type? Unexpected.

Nintendo decides the typing for the box legends in the same way that episodes of Family Guy are written: they hire a bunch of manatees, put them in a pool with a bunch of balls with random words on the them, and catch the balls that come out and write them down.

Anyway, I like the new Pokemon! They're very well designed; will give critique later.

SQUEEE EXCITING NEWS IS EXCITING.

Chiramii - Screams "rodent of the game" but it looks adorable and I love it.
Munna - Kind of creeps me out, but is kind of cute. I'll have to wait for its evolutions to make decisions.
Giaru - Neat idea, but it looks like its going to be a gimmick Pokemon so that Minun and Plusle aren't the only Plus and Minus gimmicks.
Mamepato - Obviously the Pidgey / Hoothoot / Taillow / Starly of the game, but IT'S A FREAKING PIDGEON AND ADORABLE AND ASASLFDKS: I LOVE IT.
Hihidaruma - Looks powerful and scary. I'm not a huge fan, but its growing on me.
Shimama - Electric Zebra. :D
Meguroko - New type combo is cool and it looks like it has some neat potential.

Region of Isshu - Looks cool. Not the generic "main land with islands", though to an extent it is, but it looks cooler.

And the most exciting piece of news - we have a YOUNG...FEMALE...PROFESSOR. I'm happy. :)

noo I <3 the guy professors and the last female one raped a main character

>:( ruined FOREVER

But no, seriously, Chinchillapants will have a place on my team for sure. And also Zapzebrathing and possibly Babeecroc.

oh yeah, there was some kind of digimon like gear! :D i think i remember it, but not its name. :.

Hagurumon? :D

I kind of actually hope Pokemon follows suit with Digimon here and gives geardude an awesome-ass robot evolution. Because seriously, we need a robot Pokemon.

Not gonna lie, the crocodile one kind of feels like Hippopotas 2.0. It's the only one that hasn't really grown on me yet in the past... four hours. :v

Edit: so Zekrom and Reshiram are 'White Yin' and 'Black Yang'? Yaaaaaay, yin/yang theme confirmed.

zebra pokemon
ZEBRA POKEMON.
AND A FUCKING CHINCHILLA

Now all we need is a goat and a narwhal and it will be complete <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom