• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see what the problem is with having multiple Pokémon based on the same creature.

I mean, think about it--in real life, one country can easily have a few dozen different species of one type of animal. Out of the entire Pokémon world, we haven't even seen all of Japan (which isn't even a very big country!) yet, and we already know about more than 500 species. The world as a whole (which we know spreads far beyond Japan, since Lt. Surge is from the United States and Mews are native to someplace in South America) must have thousands and thousands of different types of Pokémon, if not more. So of course there's going to be more than one species of butterfly/bee/mouse/rabbit/tapir out there.

Plus, Munna being part of another evolution chain of psychic dream-eating tapirs is a hell of a lot better than it just being a useless baby form of Drowzee.

Mudkipz_doesn__t_liek_Mijumaru_by_Sklavenbrause.png

Funny, you'd think it'd be the Mudkip getting yelled at... of course, I don't really like Mijumaru much either, but at least the Internet hasn't been flooded with idiots blurting about them in all-caps with horrible grammar yet.

Man, I thought the Bellchime path looked amazing in HG/SS. And looking at these new screen shots...it seems they are aiming for the same level of quality for the entire game.

Go down all the way to the bottom to see what I mean.

I especially love the texturing...it seems like they are actually trying to take advantage of the DS's capabilities more. D/P felt like they were getting used to the hardware, Platinum expanded upon D/P slightly but the only notable thing was the Distortion World, HG/SS took D/P's style and polished it up, as well as experimented with different camera angles and gave us the aforementioned Bellchime Path(the most beautiful location in a Pokemon game ever). B/W look like they are taking the polished overworld and cranking that up to 11...

B/W are probably going to be my favorite Pokemon games that aren't called HG/SS and R/B.

So I knew there was a reason I wanted a Wargle really badly.

TF2chan is amazing.

This generation is fucking awesome, we have an actual eagle now!

I could also rant about people complaining how the new Pokemon 'aren't creative' but...I think I've done that a lot before so I won't. For now.

So there is apparently a new Phantom Pokemon, which is supposedly legendary, being revealed on the 25th or something. If it is a main legendary, I have a feeling N will go for that one and Reshiram/Zekrom will interfere.

Oh, and I can't tell if the pink thing on Koromori's face is it's eye or a huge nose o.o

I'm pretty sure Koromori's big yellow... thing is an eye. I don't reeaally see how could that be interpreted as a nose?

Well, I actually thought it was a nose. The black heart shaped hole being an eye seemed too creepy for me. Looks more like a nostril. If it was an eye, it'd probably have a glare on it somewhere, since most Pokemon eyes of that size have the little reflection thingy if you know what I'm talking about. Could be anything up at this point though. Who knows.

I just though that the leaked art, along with some fan art, made the tufts next to it eyes. I originally thought it was an eyeball, making it look like an adorable Final Fantasy Ahriman/Evil eye. Though I still make a similiar error with Poliwag in thinking it's mouth is it's nose.

A lot of bats have very weird, often big noses so I believe it's a nose too.
honduranwhitebat.jpg

(someone posted pics of that particular bat on another forum and it's a white puffy bat with a weird nose, just like Koromori)
Bats have bad eyesight, so a huge weird eye in the middle of the thing would make no sense at all.

Am I the only one who thinks it's cuter with a huge nose?

No. The idea it has a button-shaped eye (in case nobody noticed, the front of its nose is a flat edge!) with a heart-shaped pupil really freaks me out. Only a little more than the w shaped fluffs that cover its real eyes, though. And its one buck-toothed fang. Overall it really creeps me out but I'm pretty sure that's its nose.

And apparently Rankurusu is exclusive to White. ffffffffffffffffff--

On a random note I'm disappointed in the number of hoax Pokemon we have this time around (like, none?). The last gen was rife with them!

There was this sprite sheet of Fakémon that was passed around Bulbagarden like, seven times.

But other than that, nothing.

The Fakémon weren't even that good. >_<

Am I the only one who thinks it's cuter with a huge nose?

The black heart shaped hole being an eye seemed too creepy for me.

But anyways, I'm glad there's not a lot of fakes. I don't really like being tricked. If it's a really well-done fakemon, then it just causes disappointment that it isn't real. If it sucks, then it just makes me think Nintendo's gotten a bit lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom