• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update #4:
-Some kid wants to trade in the city, but I don't know about the Pokemon involved.

-There is a Grass/Fire/Water Oath tutor in the city

-A man gives you a Shell bell in the same building as the kid who offers the trade.

-Since no Pokemon game is complete without sliding ice puzzles, there is a warehouse that you have to go through with ice puzzles. Yay.

-The 5th gym leader scares me. But, with a water or grass type, he is very easy to defeat.

-Belle decides to remind me that I do, in fact, have rivals who do, in fact, wish to battle me. A lot. I was previously unaware of this information.

-Belle gives you Fly, which Fossilbird can't learn. It is possible that FossilBird's evo can, however.

-Route 6 contains Pokeshroom and Bambimon. Very useful if you're lacking a water or grass type for the gym.

-There is a science lab halfway through the route with a scientist offering a trade.

-Route 6 gives you a Leaf Stone!

-There is a rest stop shortly after the science lab. In the rest stop, a girl gives you a Shiny Stone to evolve your Chillarmy. :D

-Bambimon is difficult to capture. D:

-Remember that cave from the first batch of pictures of the game? Well that's the next destination.

-You can find Gear, Electrospider, and the Grass/Steel Bronzor-wannabe.

-Belle comes up and is all "OMG LONG TIME NO SEE" and Araragi is all "OMG LONGER TIME NO SEE HERE HAVE THIS ITEM THAT MAKES LEVEL GRINDING INSANELY EASY" You get the Lucky Egg! Yayz.

-The three ninjas are creepy, if not slightly badass. Essentially they do N's bidding. They're pretty cool.

-Two nice fellows give you TWO nuggets!

That is it for today. After school tomorrow I'll post some more stuff.

veekun says that archaeos does learn fly.

Also. Am I the only one who noticed PokerBeach's earlier update (in the news post about game coverage) about the held item that lets you ignore type immunities? I am intrigued by this item and demand that someone test it out.

veekun says that archaeos does learn fly.

Also. Am I the only one who noticed PokerBeach's earlier update (in the news post about game coverage) about the held item that lets you ignore type immunities? I am intrigued by this item and demand that someone test it out.
Basically: spin-blocking is dead.

That would be the most obvious conclusion, but I want to know if there are strings attached, etc.. WPM (or whichever staffer made that particular update) only glossed over it.

As much as I like the game so far, it's just too much trouble to play through the lag. And no sound. Did I mention DS emulators are terrible? Flash cart might get fixed eventually, but I still just really want to buy the English one.

Finally settled on Smugleaf now that I've gotten used to the starters. I think I'll also be getting White. Black seems to have all the version exclusives that I prefer and I don't know that I'm a huge fan of forests, but I like to pick based on the colour. My friend also decided White because she wants Zekrom, so I guess I'll just have to live with having the same one as her again.

People who have actually played the game: how are TM reuse and no walking poison during actual gameplay? I can sort of see a case for the former, but I liked the collecting aspect of TMs. Is there a replacement for this, or are there just so many TMs and moves now that it's really best this way? And I guess out-of-battle poison was never really that useful as a gameplay element because you just walked back and forth between Pokemon Centers, so even though it's weird for it to disappear, in practice this is probably fine.

Apparently you don't need to level up Feebas's beauty to evolve it, you just give it an item and trade.

... Has it now lost it's value? Or become more awesome?

EDIT: Finally have a chance to listen to the music. Whoa.

Last edited:
Why must ROMs be so bad...if I preorder the Japanese version, then I won't have enough for an xBox 360 and Halo 3 (I'm to poor to get Reach)
But since I will only get two in English, and one is going to go to my brother, then a Japanese version is my only chance to get Samuraiwotter....

It seems like I was wrong about exclusives, according to Serebii and some people who've played it.

Good to know that so far I can get Ed and Al on the same team, as well as Wargle in White.

Crap, I wanted Wargle.... I'll just have the vulture then. The vulture is a lady. Then again, she evolves at 54, too...

BLAH.

Yay for monkeys evolving with the Leaf, Fire, and Water Stones :3

EEEEE I CAN GET WARGLE IN MY GAME.

*ahem* ONWARDS WITH THE UPDATE! :D

UPDATE #5 (?)
-Fukiyosa is right outside the exit of Electrocave. It is large in size but small in population. The only really exciting thing is the airfield, but all it is is...well...big.

-For the record, I found the Move Deleter/Rememberer before Serebii reported it. :P They are in the city.

-It is raining on Route 7. There are some footbridges that go across the tall grass. It is a pretty neat looking route.

-Some lady gives you Charge Beam. Yayz.

-You can also find a Sharp Beak a short ways into the route.

-Mirehoggu are annoying as fuck. They either use Hypnosis or Supersonic. Rarely anything else. Grrrrr.

-I HAVE OBTAINED NARWOTTER!! :D

-Zeburaika (Shimama evo) can be found on Route 7, in case you're having difficulty with they flying-type gym, I guess.

-BAMBIMON EVO! :D

-FOSSILBIRD EVO! :D IT WILL KILL EVERYTHING! (Oh, and it can learn Fly. I replaced Dig with it)

-If you run into a wild Tabunne, there is a different battle theme.

-One trainer on Route 7 challenges you to a Triple Battle. I did much better this time! :D

-Remember the spiral staircase that was shown in a few commercials? Well the Tower of Heavens is where it is located. The music is really soft yet very haunting. I like it.

-Candlemon and Alien Poke can be found in the Tower of the Heavens.

-Candlemon is going to be a bitch to train up. Lv. 26, and it doesn't evolve to its first stage until Lv. 41. GRINDING TIME!!!

...I'm going to take a break for a while, but when I get back and have begun grinding, I'll start reporting back again. :D

@ Ketsu-;^; *sniff*

Anyway, I have been following B/W coverage for the past few days, and I realized something about the TM list. While it's great that you can use them infinetly, there was a draw back. Many good TMs were removed. Now let us pause for a moment of silence (or at least I will) in remembrance of the following TMs, all of which were replaced.

TM01-Focus Punch
TM03-Water Pulse
TM19-Giga Drain
TM47-Steel Wing
TM49-Snatch
TM55-Brine
TM58-Endure
TM62-Silver Wind
TM72-Avalanche
TM76-Stealth Rock
TM78-Captivate
TM79-Dark Pulse
TM82-Sleep Talk

HOW COULD YOU NINTENDO?
on the plus side, these have also been replaced
TM09-Bullet Seed
TM43-Secret Power
TM67-Recycle
TM83-Natural Gift

but seriously? no Focus Punch, Stealth Rock, Endure or Giga Drain? WHY?????

(Because of Kratos Aurion- All info found on serebii.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom