• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favorite Fictional Weapon

Blastoise Fortooate

Geographical!
Just post your favorite fictional weapon, be it from a book, movie, video game, or something else!

Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch. >:]

Wow, this is like the first thread I've made in, like, forever.

Nice topic you made. -_^

I see weapons as an extension of hand.
I see fictional weapons as a creative extension of hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT:

Forgot to mention a personal bomb favorite,

Light bombs - Bomberman 64: The Second Attack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul-HPR3NdP4

I love it because it has that hero feeling to it.

Molten Rebar Crossbow - HL2
Acquired: Chapter 7, Highway 17
Damage: 100
Chamber/Max Ammo: 1/10
Sec. Fire: Zoom
Damage: 100 (instant death to human-sized enemies)
Chamber/Max Ammo: 1/3
Despite a long reload time and slow dart speed, the crossbow always has been and still is an accurate and stealthy option for dispatching opponents. The secondary-fire zoom makes it especially apt for picking off stationary long-distance targets.

http://www.hlfallout.net/view.php/hl2info/weapons.php

A hot, red rebar shooting weapon... I once was obsessed with it. I love crossbows and 'risky' rifles (like scout in Counter-Strike #.#).

Last edited:
Definitely the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.
"Thou shalt count to 3, not to 5, or 4, but to 3..."
"Get on with it!"
"1...2...5!"
"3 Sir!"
"3!"
BOOM!

Holy Hand Grenade. :D

...I should really watch more Monty Python, instead of just the Holy Grail. -_-

The Gaia Cleaver from the Tales series. Known as the strongest axe.

Also, the Shotgun in the Halo games. I get most of my kills with it.

Let's not forget the Axe-Gun from Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.

Holy Hand Grenade. :D

...I should really watch more Monty Python, instead of just the Holy Grail. -_-

I don't think there are any more fictional weapons in Monty Python...

@Mercury: "Then, thine enemy, being naughty in mine sight, shalt snuff it."

The Tentacle from Disgaea. Because it's item description is "Useful for groping all sorts of places! <3" X3

The Keyblade also ranks high, as do Pokemon if they count. And Lulu's moggle plushies~

If systems of magic and spells count, then I'd choose the following in this order: Charter Magic from the Abhorsen Trilogy by Garth Nix, runes and spells from the game LostMagic, or the ancient language from the Inheritance Trilogy by Christopher Paolini.

I can't think of a specific weapon right now.

Lightsabers. They're cool and graceful and holy crap I love the lightsaber hum. :3

images

Rat flail

Katamaris
Guitars
Wiimotes
Lots of stuff from .hack; AFK's Empty Skies, Dual Guns, the Lost Weapons, the Twilight Bracelet...it just goes on and on.

Uh. I'm pretty sure in some game there's a gun that shoots swords.

Oh! Or even better! A sword that shoots guns! yes

Suddenly I somehow find myself unable to remember very many fictional weapons at all.

For some reason, the Frostmourne comes to mind (that page breaks my heart every time I look at it - I waaaannnnttt ;;). I don't even know all that much about it, but it came to mind and it is pretty kickass as fantasy swords go. *Dribble.*

Back
Top Bottom