• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favorite Smell(s)

Rain, fresh cut grass
Fresh laundry!
Coffee, even though I hate drinking it
.. and rain. So much rain.
These! I also really like the smell of frozen berries for some reason (our other freezer has a shitload of frozen berries in it and every time I have to fetch something from there I kinda end up sniffing up the frozen berry smell :D )
Other smells I like include our dog, fresh strawberries, cooked meat and who knows what.

I'm really sensitive to strong smells though so gasoline is a pretty absolute no-no for me too :U

cats (especially kittens)

This. This so much.

I recently realized that kittens have their own distinctive smell (especially little ones) and by god it is the most fantastic smell on the planet.

The smell of new shoes, new items in general, clothing stores, freshly washed clothes, shampoo (really love that one), deodorant, coffee, candy (especially if you put a bunch of it in a trick-or-treat bag during Halloween. Has such a unique candy smell), dog paws, chicken being cooked, gasoline (so strong, so horrible, but smells nice in small concentrations), and a bunch of other stuff I can't really recall.

Cookies, spring rains, new games/books/movies/whatever,and paper fresh out of the printer/copier.

So basically, normal stuff.

My nose is often stuffed up, so winter is the only time I can really smell things well (though I'll get a cough from the mold spores). So, flowers would probably smell nice, but I can't get too close.

Other than that I probably like chocolate the most. Home-made chili is also really nice. I also recall one of my friends having hair spray that smelled strongly of skittles. I was secretly pretty jealous.

Coffee, new clothes, matches after the annoying smell from the chemical combustion (lol random words I'm not even sure are right), spaghetti sauce and...

The smell that comes out when you open a box of Magic The Gathering cards. Unmatched.

I am that type of person that really like smells. Also when with friends and something smells I'm always the one that knows exactly what it smells like and they're all like woah and mildly impressed or something.

Last edited:
The smell that comes out when you open a box of Magic The Gathering cards. Unmatched.
How did I forget this? I used to always love getting a tournament pack or theme deck or what have you so I'd have a nice thick stack of brand-new cards to smell. Mmm, wonderful, wonderful, probably-toxic ink smell...

Oil, grease, gasoline, freshly sandblasted metal, the sea, burning wood, and things of the like.

I don't mind the smell of cigarette smoke, but it can be overwhelming.

Hm...I like weather smells. Rain, snow, clouds, and sun (especially the scent of pillow/plushies/blankets/rugs/similar objects that have been sitting in the sun). Also, I like the smell of libraries. I like the scents of pretty much all foods that I like, which is (obviously) too long of a list to type.

I hate old book smell. It bothers the hell out of my lungs.

The inky smell on new trading cards and video games is a wonderful one, though. And rainsmell. And other-people's-houses smell is almost always a good smell. And fire! Wood smoke is the besssst.

I like gasoline, libraries, new games, musky ferret smell (especially on my stuffed toys, etc), cut grass, certain book smells, new cat litter, dryer sheets...and a lot of other things x3

Favorite smells? Topping the list are the smell of rain, vanilla, the smell of ozone (the air outside just after a storm with lightning hits), lemon-scented things, birthday candles, and the smell of a new videogame. (not sure if the last one exists, but I definitely think it does.)
WOOPS forgot two others: Stuff being grilled (mainly chicken or hamburger), and fire.

Rain, cookies, fresh laundry, pretty much the same as everyone else. I also like wood fires and cigarette smoke... depending on the cigarette.

I like the smell of burning bay leaves. Yes, you heard me correctly. Also, gardenias are nice.

Back
Top Bottom