• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Rift in the Dimensions

((I demand this thread to be still alive))

Giygas stared at what was happening, even if he couldn't actually make out what was happening, there was for some reason a feeling of familiarity with this inexplicable mess, as if he had something in common with it.
"Please give us Strength!"
A voice suddenly echoed through Giygas' head, it was like listening through a broken old radio, but he could still make out it a was a girl saying it.
"Anyone who can hear our plea...."
Giygas clutched his head, the words inflicted a feeling of pain to him for some reason, but he had no idea who said it, and why.
"Help us...."

((This was a triumph))

((Also hurrah for memory regain))

"What do you think it's doing?"

"Who knows. This whole dimensional business is still new to me?"

Bonecrusher looked at what the dragon creature was doing, but couldn't make any sense out of it. "I do wonder how far the decay has extended. And the true extent of its danger. If it could drive one of these Primus-like creatures into insanity, then who knows what more it could do."

"We can worry about its full extent when we're done here, Ravage replied, "Hopefully whatever this thing is doing will work."

((Sorry, sorry. I was wanting to give everyone a chance to react to the spacial distortion, but whatev. :D))

Almost as soon as it had began, the spaces realigned themselves, and all was right again. Arceus, Palkia, and Giratina stared down at Dialga, who began to twitch...

<<WHA...WHAT...WHERE...HUH?>> said a new voice. This one was meeker, more reserved than the others. Dialga slowly rose to his feet, causing Sonic and Tails to flinch, but he didn't attack. He wobbled about. <<OWWW...>> He seemed more pained than violent. His skin had lightened to a dark blue, and his face, though heavily scarred, showed signs of having two eyes again.

<<I...I THINK IT WORKED!>> Palkia said. <<THERE IS HOPE...>>

<<IF WE CAN HELP, THEN WE SHOULDN'T BE WASTING ANY MORE TIME HERE TALKING!>> Giratina interjected, <<WE HAVE TO GET TO KANTO AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO BEGIN TO TRY TO REVERSE THE DAMAGE!>> she sighed, <<MAYBE MY PRECIOS REVERSE WORLD WILL BE RESTORED TOO...>> She turned to the group, <<THANK YOU...IF IT HADN'T BEEN FOR YOU< EVERYTHING HERE WOULD HAVE BEEN LOST. IT'S STILL AN UPHILL BATTLE, BUT NOW THERE'S A CHANCE THAT THIS MESS CAN BE CLEANED UP.>>

Palkia, who hadn't forgotten his promise, looked at Taiko, <<YOU WANTED TO RETURN TO YOUR HOME IN SINNOH, CORRECT? I CAN TAKE YOU BACK THERE NOW.>>

Vai unsheathed her daggers as Dialga rose, and sheathed them again. There was no danger.. for now, anyways.
"It's over, Valkyrie, you can close the book," she muttered. Valkyrie jumped, concentrating on her manual when Vai interrupted.
"Huh? Oh, yeah." She shut the thick book, and dropped it into the pocket in space, looking up at the Powers. "Well, we still have a lot to do. There's the thousands of millions of worlds out there, and still.." She trailed off. No point in being pessimistic, and if they did their best..

Barrolk nodded. "It was difficult, but if it's to save all dimensions, then that's great." He looked to the sky thoughtfully.

Geralt was about to reach for his silver sword again when he realized that Dialga looked different, especially his face. When he didn't enter a murderous frenzy again, he relaxed.
Taunos sat and rested, "So, are we returning to Kanto now?"
"Kanto?", Geralt questioned.
"One of the continents in the creature's world.", Taunos explained, "We were there and first saw the visible signs of the decay."

"Thank you, Palkia." Taiko said. "Guys, I am going back to my home in Sinnoh. The reason I am here in the first place was by accident, and I believe my place here is done. So I bid ado to you all, and I hope you all get the damage reversed." Taiko went up to Palkia. "I'm ready."

((And if we ever go to Sinnoh, Taiko makes a short reappearance just to say hello. He really doesn't do anything.))

Cirrus stayed close to Barrolk's talons, nodding but otherwise staying silent. She was rather intimidated by these odd creatures.

"What is Kanto isle, anyway? It's definitely not in Green Bays..."

Barrolk seemed to take his first real look at Arceus.

"You're an oddly colored grim rider. Without the rider." He glanced at Cirrus and had to agree; he had never heard of any place called Kanto.

As the spacial disorder stopped, the voices in Giygas' head disappeared as well. And he was very thankful for that. "Alright, what on Earth was that about?" he thought, before going back to speak with the others. "So, where are we going next? It appears we are done here, am I correct?"
--
Drawcia was just hovering around in the outskirts of the group, trying not to drag any attention to her, especially not from Kirby.

((EAGLELANDEAGLELANDEAGLELANDEAGLELANDEAGLELANDEAGLELANDEAGLELANDEAGLELAND))

((I'm posting?!))

"I'm becoming quite stir-crazy. When can we leave this place?" Galacta Knight complained.

"Wow, I wonder what that was?" Torchic chattered excitedly to Chikorita. "Whatever Arceus did, that was, well, wow!"

Kirby trotted over to the big dragony-thing called Dialga and stared at it for a moment. Dialga seemed to be okay now.

Back to buisiness.

Kirby floated up behind Drawcia and yelled, "What you do here, Drawcy?"

Drawcia jumped in the air the second Kirby spoke with her, firstly because of the shock, secondly because she feared Kirby with all her life by now. Just to make sure he wasn't going to destroy her like last time. "Eeeh, your blue spiky friend over theeeeere" She was by now pointing at Sonic with her paintbrush which, once again, had appeared out of nowhere, "decided to take me here after a little meeting, I'm not sure how I ended up at those plains to begin with"

((Sorry, Male Gardevoir, I already promised that we'd visit Azeroth and Maple Story-land next, but we can go to Eagleland/Nowhere Islands after those. Like I said, unless the unthinkable happens, I plan on running this RP until its conclusion, so everyone will get theirs. :D

Also, like I've alluded to before, since we're about to end the Pokemon arc for now and move on to the next world, one that I know nothing about, I'm going to need a bit of help from those people who chose characters from those worlds. I'll do the research, but it's still no replacement for actual experience, so yeah. :D))

<<YES...>> Palkia said, <<IF THE DAMAGE HAS REACHED KANTO, WE SHOULD GO THERE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. IF YOU DON'T MIND...PERHAPS YOU COULD ACCOMPANY US THERE, IN CASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG...>>

<<WHAT ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT?>> Arceus said, <<WE'VE PROVEN THAT WE CAN HANDLE IT! THEY SHOULD ALL BE FREE TO GO NOW!>>

<<YES, BUT HOW DO WE KNOW IT'LL WORK ON A FULL SCALE? WE'VE ONLY CURED DIALGA, BUT WHO KNOWS IF WE'D BE ABLE TO STOP A FULL-SCALE DECAY?>>

Arceus looked at him, but sighed and decided to give up. <<FAIR ENOUGH...>> She began to glow as the aura stretched out to overtake everyone. Palkia emitted his own glow.

<<I'LL MEET YOU ALL IN KANTO,>> he said, <<AFTER I GET THIS LITTLE ONE BACK TO HIS HOME IN SINNOH.>>

Sonic and Tails waved goodbye to Taiko. They hadn't gotten to know him very well, but he was a good team member, and he would be missed. With a flicker, Palkia and Taiko disappeared.

"We're heading just north of...was it Lavender Town?...by the way." Tails told Arceus. She nodded, and soon, her, Giratina, and all the others followed suit with Palkia.

As they all reformed, Sonic and Tails couldn't help but gasp a bit.

It was much worse than when they had left it.

The sky had distorted to a deep red color. Nearby plants varied from being completely withered to twisting into sharp thorned vines.

<<THIS...IS GOING TO BE MORE DIFFICULT THAN I THOUGHT...>> Arceus muttered.

((Now for Taiko's big reunion with his tribe post! :3))

As Taiko waved good bye to Sonic, he was transported back to Sinnoh. Luckily fir him, Palkia had got it dead-on; his tribe was just farther up north; close enough to see. "Guys! Hellooooo!" they all turned around, and saw a Tycano. Is... that Taiko? That one there standing with Palkia? they all thought simultaneously. It was then one of the younger cubs started trying to make his way to Taiko. Taiko started running for it, then turned back to Palkia and said "Thanks, Palkia." before he continued back home to tell everyone the stories of his recent adventures.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So this is Kanto..." Blaze muttered in astonishment at the damage. She turned to Sonic. "From the sounds of it, you've been here before." She then continued to stare at the sky.

((Now to sign up my other character! Fweeness!))

This was unbelievable. They had been here only a short time ago, and now everything was distorted or otherwise changed in some way for the worse. Link, however, wasn't as frightened by this as he would've been before. They were here to fix things, to stop this. And, hypothetically, even if things did go bad, they could always just take the less heroic route and run like squirrels. Hypothetically, of course.
Chell looked much more freaked out. She studied one of the withered, apparently-dead plants for a bit before poking it experimentally. What had previously been a flower snapped off and fell onto the ground in tiny pieces. She edged nervously closer to the rest of the group.

"Oh..." Torchic moaned. "This is terrible! Weren't we only here a short while ago?!" Chikorita studied the twisted plants. Being half-plant herself, looking at them made her cringe.

This decay is worse than I had imagined. A distortion like this... could be responsible for my awakening. I had previously thought only NOVA was capable, but this is no ordinary time-space disruption. Galacta Knight thought as he continued to look up at the red sky.

Back
Top Bottom