• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

the space around the stars

Re: ghost trickery

Should I pretend that I didn't anticipate you or Midnight coming in here just to say that?

whoooooooo all these comments O:

@ Blastoise: aa thank you :D yeah that may be because I can't draw pants (don't worry, this does not mean I'm gonna start drawing pants-less people)

@ Kratos: strangely, that sounds familiar! I sometimes have a hard time coping with my weird art-jealousness but I've noticed the best way to ward it off is to draw things with extra effort! you can do it!
and thanks for comenting!

the nose! probably because I don't draw enough females, all I do is just GUYS GUYS GUYS and they usually have big, angular noses.
I admit it. I have a nose problem. It was worse before, now it's actually getting better. I will keep your advice in mind and maybe force myself to draw more chicks to soften the noses.
woops now 'nose' doesn't sound like a real word anymore
noses noses noses noses moses

Play it play it play it.
this basically !

and some concept art for this alien race in a book that has not been written (aside from a rough plot description) and that will be not written until I've grown older and wiser.
projectcreeturs_sml.jpg

If I ever write it, it's probably gonna be really boring since not much happens and there is no shooting or flying or battles or interesting.
Basically the main character spends the first part being confused, then meets the aliens and spends the rest of the book talking with them. Bonus shitty points for the fact that I can't write believable dialogue!

feel free to ask about the aliens if you want :O

I'm just being really scientific here, but if the aliens have no eyelids how do they keep dust and other stuff from getting in the part of the eye that's not the pupil? It might not hurt anything, but it would be uncomfortable, and scratching with the tentacles would either be squishy or painful. Do they have some sort of tears function?

...Okay, that was too scientific. But the little towers on the alien's shoulders remind me of Regigigas.

The surface of their eyes is a lot harder than our eyes/animal eyes, kind of like a permanent transparent eyelid that's tougher than the usual ones.
I guess that if they got crap in their eyes, it would be easy to wipe off with the tentacles P:
thanks for the scientific interest by the way!

And the tubes on the sides of the neck are sound tubessss
they scrape their spiky side on the spiky area on their necks while blowing air through the closeable air holes in the side, allowing them to speak their screechy, scratchy language ! :O

also no new art yet because I just came home and felt like replying to this before doing anything else

Re: lousy prince(s)

GUESS WHO'S BACK WITH ARTS
answer: probably me!

I think I drew something and you can see it on my dA
I'm not gonna post it here because our internet connection is fucked up and slow atm and I gotta wait for somebody to fix it before I can internet more freely (slow connection is slooooow).

In place of better art, here's a shitty concept sketch of Fuad, who is Fouga's older brother and a runaway.
fuad_wm.jpg

what is it with these guys
they're the worst princes ever

Re: howl, veteran soldiers!

what the fuck is this, me drawing something???
damn you summer stealing away my interest in art

hokoto_wm.jpg

one of the samurais (my favourite!) in 7th Dragon, which I still haven't managed to play through because language barrier and incomplete walkthroughs :U
doesn't stop me from liking the character art and music though!

If I don't get lazy, there should be more like this one to come o:

Re: "Your name is Lynn. Lynn Loss."

i got lazy, idk if there is more coming!
also i have a fever so don't mind me

today's title was brought to you by my weird-as-fuck subconscious! it's word-to-word from my dream (a disembodied guy voice said that, in clear English even though i dont usually dream in English) and i kinda drifted away from my body although i wasn't really me
i was apparently a well-dressed guy named Lynn okay that's cool.

too dizzy to describe the dream but you can be sure you'll be seeing art inspired by it
like this masterpiece
amulet.jpg

this is basically as accurate as can be
i pulled this thing out of a pile of stuff while a person called Emily was watching (this Emily was as real as this amulet i.e. just a dream person)
the white thing on the bottom always pointed down even if i tilted the amulet

holy fuck i feel like shit and im pretty sure my fever's just rising afnagkl

EDIT: also this is sad
four posts in a row and the fever doesn't seem to be going anywhere
show some sympathy ;_;

EDIT#2:
okay still just a shitty sketch but anyway
emileh.jpg

i guess this is Emily then

Last edited:
Re: "Your name is Lynn. Lynn Loss."

THIS IS A POKEMON DRAWING
guhngurrsmlwm.jpg

for this guy here
cant keep up with these name changes

also I'm still gonna draw weird dream shit so brace yourselves
like there's anyone even looking at this anymore

Re: BUST THROUGH THE HEAVENS WITH YOUR DRILL

OKAY INTERUPTION TO ALL THAT DREAM SHIT
I finally got around to watching Gurren Lagann (have been wanting to for a long time but was always too lazy) and oh my god Kamina is pretty much distilled manliness in a very gorgeous package ;u;
oh and don't go spoiling the ending, I've only watched 8 episodes, so :U

anyway less talk and more shirtlessness
kaminaaaaa_wm.jpg

had some random googled guy as a reference
came out alright considering it's been really long since I properly sat down and drew something

Re: PONIES, PONIES

NO, not those deformed space aliens. I'm pretty much up to my eyeballs with any ponies that are 'mine' or 'little'.

but since the only thing that attracts comments around here is PONIES!!!! (what is going on here? do i really suck that much? if shirtless males cannot even get me one comment idk what to do, other than this) then why the fuck not
here's a honest-to-goodness deformed space alien aponymination:
wtfpony_wm.jpg

fuck this, I'm just gonna stop drawing sooner or later :V

QUICKEDIT: ahaha wow 7th post in a row
brb weeping in a corner

Last edited:

I have this thread in my subscribed threads and I do check it with every post, for the record! I just have nothing original to say. Awesome stuff as usual. I like the Gengar in particular.

man, that gengar is still awesome P: it's actually my twitter picture atm :D thanks again, i love the effects (man, that arm) on it.

Re: that isn't hair !

you guys= <33333333 !

here's something new:

(^ click preview for full drawing because it's big)
this is Sparktoe, one of my few female characters. Not sure why she popped into my head but dang it was a pretty good choice I guess, since this came out alright.

And any possible non-commenters/secret admirers out there: don't be ashamed to comment even if you have nothing good to say! O:
just knowing there are people who like (or even hate as long as they want to see more) my art makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside C:

Last edited:

Just wanted to say that I really love your art! The Gengar is really awesome and the shirtless guy is pretty smexy. Your dream stuff is pretty cool and interesting too.

...Sparktoe bothers me in a really un-bothering way. Not sure if that makes sense. Maybe it's her expression.

Re: yamazakiiiii

Thanks, you guys! CB

@Kam(kat): it's a sort of a tentacle-like limb... thing. She can use it sort of like a tail to balance her out and beat up enemies or something.

here's a little something, fanart once again (kinda wonky but can't be bothered to fix it anymore):
yamazaki_wm.jpg

It's Yamazaki from Gintama.
It's weird; I could make a long list titled 'reasons I should hate Gintama' but in the end there'd just be a note saying I fucking love that show. I don't really know why I like it so much: it's really nuts, painfully Japanese and there's a lot of fourth-wall breaking and other meta stuff. Maybe it's the characters, idk. I just can't stop watching asahbskfjsa

my rambling aside, Yamazaki is really cute even though he's just a side character C:
not sure if I managed to get his face right (I spent like an hour trying to figure out how to make him look like himself, aaagh)

oh god I need to go to bed already when'd it get so late

Re: embrybomb

embrybomb_wm.jpg

just a relatively quick doodle :U

EDIT: also hey, found the .psd a relatively old shitty drawing I abandoned halfway because of a serious case of ugly

found it today while browsing my psd folder and was like 'man all that work went to waste' and then I decided to try to help the poor drawing.
he got a nose (and mouth) job done and now he looks considerably more bearable, so behold, a semi-realistic Fouga:
faygo_wm.jpg

idk I kinda suck at faces

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom