• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your Pokemon game-ography

Red
Pokemon Snap!
Gold
Sapphire
Ruby
Firered/Leafgreen (I bought these at the same time, unlink Ruby and Sapphire)
Diamond
Emerald
Heartgold

and that's about it.

Badly half-translated Japanese Blue ROM
Red
Blue
Yellow
Pinball
TCG
Stadium
Gold
Silver
Crystal
Puzzle League (or was it Puzzle Challenge? I can't remember which one the GBC game was called)
Sapphire
Ruby
LeafGreen
Diamond
Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness
Platinum
SoulSilver

====

I think that's all. Not 100% sure, though (I almost forgot about Puzzle League/Challenge/whatever-it's-called, but added it in at the last second)...

GBC was Challenge and accounted for GSC; League was based on RBY-era animé and was on N64. (I am sorely tempted to get League on the Virtual Console, incidentally, though I couldn't really tell you why and probably shouldn't until I can sort that out.)

Blue
Yellow
Silver
Crystal
Sapphire
Pinball RS
FireRed
Emerald
Red Rescue Team
Diamond
Pearl
Ranger
Battle Revolution
Explorers of Darkness
Platinum
Shadows of Almia
SoulSilver
ROM of White

I also have Red, Gold, and Pinball, but I don't remember when I first played them.

Blue (en)
Yellow (en)
Stadium (en)
Red (en; delayed because dad played it through when I got Blue)
TCG (en)
Pinball (en)
Snap (en)
Gold (en)
Silver (en)
Hey, You, Pikachu! (en)
Stadium 2 (en)
Crystal (en)
Ruby (en)
Colosseum (en)
Sapphire (en)
Channel (en)
LeafGreen (en)
Emerald (en) (Note: FireRed would go right by Emerald here, but my dad played it, not me. Also, dad started a Sapphire file sometime between me playing Channel and LeafGreen.)
Pearl (en) (Note: dad started a Diamond file at the same time.)
Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team (en)
Battle Revolution (en)
Platinum (jp)
Crystal (it)
Yellow (de)
Green (jp)
Ranch (en)
TCG2 (jp)
Blue (jp)
Yellow (sp)
Platinum (it)
SoulSilver (jp)
SoulSilver (en) (Note: dad started a HeartGold file around here)
SoulSilver (jp) (Team Rocket file)
Platinum (jp) (Bidoof file)
White (jp)

Last edited:
In no particular order:
Sapphire
Ruby
Emerald
FireRed
LeafGreen
Diamond
Platinum
SoulSilver
PMD Red
PMD Blue
PMD Explorers of Time
Ranger
Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Pinball RS

Sapphire was actually my cousin's, but I played it quite a bit, so...

I don't remember the precise order of every game, but it went something like this:

Silver
Crystal/Yellow
TCG Gameboy Game
Stadium 2/Pokémon Snap/Hey You Pikachu
Stadium/Red/Blue (granted I had played Stadium and Red with other people long before this point)
Sapphire/Pinball RS
Fire Red/Emerald/Colosseum
Ruby/Leaf Green
PMD Blue/Ranger/Trozei

Rough order.

Blue
TCG
Yellow
Stadium
Snap
Puzzle League
Hey You Pikachu
Pinball
Gold
Stadium 2
Ruby
Colosseum
FireRed
Pinball Ruby & Sapphire
Emerald
Pearl
Battle Revolution
Platinum
HeartGold

Man, I didn't even remember some of these 'til I went to think about it. Major nostalgia bomb.

Last edited:
Silver
Pokemon Stadium 2
Gold
Blue (Not actually mine. When I was really young, I was a bit of a... sticky fingers. I stole it from someone. They didn't notice. Then I lost it.)
Pokemon Snap (No longer own; I sold it to someone a lot time ago and I wish I hadn't done that.)
Hey You, Pikachu (I use the microphone for my computer! Yes, you can hook it up to the computer and it works just fine.)
Sapphire
FireRed
Emerald (have not completed still)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue
Diamond
PMD 2: Explorers of Darkness (A rom that I can't load anymore or play anymore...)
HeartGold

I have such a small collection of Pokemon games compared to some of you guys, ahaha.

Silver
Gold
Stadium
Yellow
Puzzle League
Crystal
Red
Blue
Stadium 2
Sapphire
Pinball R/S
Colosseum
Channel
LeafGreen
Pearl
Battle Revolution
Platinum
Rumble
Soul Silver

... :D

Hey You, Pikachu (I use the microphone for my computer! Yes, you can hook it up to the computer and it works just fine.)

I used a headset intended for a computer because I thought holding up the controller to my mouth every time I wanted to talk was annoying. I thought it was the coolest thing that the sockets were all the same. :p Resourceful people are we!

Yellow
Red
Gold
Blue
Silver
Ruby
Pinball (Ruby/Sapphire)
Emerald
Sapphire
Leaf Green
XD Gale of Darkness
PMD Red
Diamond
Battle Revolution
Pearl
Pinball (Red/Blue)
Ranger
PMD Time
PMD Darkness
Platinum
PMD Sky
Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Heart Gold (jp)
Soul Silver
White (jp)

I'm pretty sure that's all of them, but I'm not completely sure if they're in the right order.

Update:

ELOI♀ found a
Pokémon Pearl cartridge!

ELOI♀ put the Pokémon Pearl cartridge
in the
Bag_Key_items_pocket_icon.png
KEY ITEMS pocket!

Last edited:
Red, Silver, Sapphire, LeafGreen, Emerald, Pinball 2, Blue Rescue Team, Trozei, Ranger, Diamond, Explorers of Darkness, Ranger 2, Platinum, Explorers of Sky, SoulSilver, Ranger 3.

The last four are unfinished, and five were never carts, but .ndses.

Also. Stadium (original), Snap, Hey You Pikachu, Colosseum, Channel, XD, and Ranch.

Oh, also! I had a pocket pikachu for like, a month, and PokéROMs were amazing. Also, this. GO MACHOP DECK

BEAT GOLDEEN DECK

Last edited:
Red
GBC pinball
Silver
Crystal
Stadium 2
Hey You, Pikachu
Ruby
Sapphire
Emerald
Channel
Leafgreen
Diamond
PMD Time
Platinum
SoulSilver

Oh, also! I had a pocket pikachu for like, a month, and PokéROMs were amazing. Also, this. GO MACHOP DECK

BEAT GOLDEEN DECK

OH MY GOD THOSE

YES

I actually still have most of those, I think, though whether or not I could get any of them to work is another matter entirely. (I should totally blow the dust off the Play-It! CD right behind me and see if I actually remember how to play. Or if I can tolerate that annoying girl.)

I also got a Pokémon web browser from I-don't-know-what back around the release of Gold and Silver, but I don't think I ever got it to work properly. :/ I wish I knew where the CD was, even though it's probably some sort of horrible bastard version of Superancient-Netscape or something that doesn't belong on a computer anymore ever.

BEAT GOLDEEN DECK

I have my Pocket Pikachu 2 still! and I miss PokeROMs so hard ; ; I only had Charmander and Togepi, I remember REALLY WANTING LUGIA SO BAD but my parents were never willing to buy it for me until Wal-Mart suddenly didn't have any PokeROMs anymore
edit: It also took me a minute to figure out what the last one was. I had that too! It was in that Thunderstorm gift box I got several years after the thing actually came out (in TCG terms, it's hard to come across things in a store years after the fact). Julie was the ugliest thing ever but it was so much fun because I never had anyone else to play with. Still don't... but now my computer won't play it.

Last edited:
Oh god.

The order might be a little mixed up here for anything without a date. Anything marked with an asterisk is something I actually own(ed).

Gold — I watched a lot of people play RBY, but the first game anyone ever let me touch was Gold.
Stadium
Stadium 2
Crystal* — June 2001. My first video game ever. I'm pretty sure I maxed out the clock (255:59) within weeks.
Blue* — I played both Crystal and Blue a lot. It felt a lot more worth it since I could trade Pokémon between them at will. My desire to play Gen III games anymore is a lot weaker in comparison, like nothing I do in them is 'real' unless it's something I can send through Pal Park.
Silver — Rented for a week because I wanted something to do when we drove nine hours to visit my grandparents and some friends of dad's, but didn't want to restart my Crystal file.
Ruby — My little brother's birthday came soon after R/S released. I was so amazingly jealous for about a month, and got him to let me play it as often as I could...
Sapphire* — ... Until mom broke down and forwarded me like a month's worth of allowance. June 2003.
Pinball — Summer 2003, borrowed extensively from a friend.
Colosseum* — August 2004. My first non-handheld video game. I felt so amazing having saved up hundreds of dollars from walking the neighbour's dog for $10 a week.
FireRed* — September 2004, the day it released
Channel — Rented under the misconception that North America could also get a Jirachi from it. :(
Pinball R/S* — Christmas 2004? 2003? This got really boring when I got good enough to last for hours and hours. It didn't get any harder as it went; I just had to keep on surviving.
Emerald* — April 2005. About when I started actually posting on TCoDf, though I joined months earlier. Also marks me first adopting "Zhorken" as my handle.
XD* — October 2005
Gold* — Actually mine this time; found for two bucks and bought on a whim.
Silver* — same
Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team* — October 2006
Diamond* — April 2007, the day it released
Ranger* — May 2007
Pearl* — May 2007
Battle Revolution* — July 2007

French Platinum (ROM) — August 2009. This is the first of the games I still have going, though I still own Blue, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.
Platinum* — February 2010; progressing slooowly. Three badges!
HeartGold* — March 2010, the day it released. I lost it at surskitty's house months later and thought it was gone forever, but I got it back in the mail from her mom last week. \o/
Emerald* — May 2010, another copy I got in the mail from Midnight since I sold the old one ages ago.
French SoulSilver* — June 2010. Amazon France wouldn't ship over the ocean, so I had them ship it to opaltiger, and he passed it along to me at surskitty's house in June. Then I found out that HG/SS were the first Pokémon games sold in French in Quebec and I needn't've done that. Whoops.
FireRed* — June 2010, also from opal.
Ranch* — August 2010. Bought under the assumption that it'd work with at least Platinum, if not HG/SS. But thanks to pirate magic, I can still use it through a Pearl ROM on my flashcart! :D
Snap* — I got my N64 very recently. I'm pretty sure I actually bought Snap between Platinum and HG, but I only played it the other day.
Japanese White (ROM)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom