• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

HeartGold And SoulSilver

I'm not too excited about the contests. I would be if they were like the ones in R/S/E, but I very much doubt that. But I'm hoping they'll at least modify the D/P/Pt contests, if not change them entirely, for HG/SS.

HEY GUYS!

I think that there shall be contests in HG/SS. If you look at the status screen screenshot, you see that, at the bottom, there's a ribbon icon, like the ones for contests.

SO.

We shall be having contests I believe.

Not quite. They'll have ribbons for sure, if only to keep compatibility with the other games. Fr/Lg, Colisseum, and XD all had ribbons but they didn't have contests.

...um, it's not as if Contests were ever the only thing you got ribbons for? Colosseum and XD give a ribbon to Pokémon when they're purified. All the post-Advance games give a ribbon for beating the Elite Four. All the post-Advance games have an Effort Ribbon. You get ribbons for certain winning streaks in the Battle Tower. There are lots of ribbons. :/

So, are any of you guys already planning your teams for this? I am, I know I'm going to have Typhlosion, Bellossom and Slowking, and then something more.

This is probably going to change in 2 weeks at the most, but whatever.

Feraligatr, Noctowl (I'm tired of using Pidgeot), Espeon (Did I say Umbreon earlier? Whoops), Heracross, Houndoom, and Smeargle.

i'm going to start with chikorita, but that's all i've planned properly so far
i'll probably end up using some of the trade evolutions like politoed this time round because i've never used them on my playthoughs apart from kingdra

Most likly I'll be scimming some Pokemon site with all kinds of info on the game and plan out a course to catch a highly balanced team as early in the as possible. Like I did in Diamond in which my team has a myraid of types.
So I'm going all out stratigic. And I've decided to get a Totadile. It's overworld is adorable. X33

I have nothing planned as I usually go by version exclusives, although I may be getting Heart Gold first now that Kyogre is available on it. I don't even know which starter I'll start with. I'm seriously leaning towards Chikorita because I like a challenge. Most likely it will be a balanced team of whatever I feel like using. And it will mostly be subject to change.

One thing I am hoping they do that I forgot to mention is that they will take Houndour, Murkrow, and company over from Kanto where they were in GSC and actually put them in Johto. I mean, how silly is that they introduce new Pokemon, yet put them in an old region?

Last edited:
I'm excited about the new game, naturally. The fact that all 492 Pokémon can follow you is the best! I can't wait to have an Eevee follow me, just like I've always dreamed of. Does this mean that a Pokémon Yellow remake is on the way? As for the Pokédex, they'll probably do what they did in FR/LG: the evolutions won't happen. And the items needed to be held for pre-evos will be in Kanto.

My team: My old Crystal team, just for kicks. Typhlosion, Noctowl, Espeon (bred from Bill's), Golem, Lapras and Electabuzz (though if the Odd Egg doesn't carry over I might take Ampharos instead). <3~

The fact that all 492 Pokémon can follow you is the best!

492? Is this a typo?

Anyway, yes, it is a very nice gimmick. It'll take ages to make sprites for all of them (Not counting Shiny recolours, that means 12 overworld frames for every Pokémon - up, down, left and right with still, left step and right step); They'll probably just shrink down the sprites to occupy one tile (Or with a little hanging over in one direction, as with the Steelix in the screenshot), but it'd be interesting to see how they pull off things that aren't exactly mobile on land, such as Magikarp - would it just flop around helplessly as in PMD?

Persoally I like the character redesigns; I also like the look of the new Pokédex (The fact that there are little icons on the bottom screen for every Pokémon makes it seem more... user-friendly, I suppose) and Status screens, and the slightly redesigned map (That new area west of National Park (A Battle Frontier perhaps? And has anyone noticed that the Ruins of Alph seem to be much bigger than before?)... I might even pre-order it from America! We'll see...

I've only planned out Typhlosion, Umbreon, and the two HM slaves. Mainly because I need to boot up my copy of Crystal and see if there's a better early water Pokémon than Poliwag.

I've only planned out Typhlosion, Umbreon, and the two HM slaves. Mainly because I need to boot up my copy of Crystal and see if there's a better early water Pokémon than Poliwag.
That, or you could use an online Pokedex...?

Back
Top Bottom