• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I have an open slot.

4v4 Double
DQ: 1 Week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO, Earthquake and moves similar, Direct Healing, 0 Chills per Pokemon
Arena: The Parthenon

Everyone's heard about ancient Greece. Great works of art, amazing legends, and of course, the ancient architecture. And now, one of Greece's most famous architecual displays, shall be the battlefeild! The Parthenon has plenty of room, therefore allowing four pokemon to battle at once. Due to the temple being sacred to the goddess Athena, there is a 25% chance that she will bless one of the pokemon, letting it deal an extra 1% damage per attack. (That means 25% per pokemon, and if the selected pokemon does not use an attacking move, there obviously will be no bonus.)

I'll battle you.
Signature Moves and Attributes

I'm going to drop my two battles as the time is running out for them anyway. Also, I have been playing Rayman a lot so enjoy this Rayman themed battle arena. I'm stuck on this level so here you go.

1vs1 single
Style: Set
DQ: Week
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Direct healing moves, Dig.
Arena: Picture city

This battle arena is made entirely of art materials. It is surrounded by walls made of erasers and has a small sea of ink in the middle (with several floating pencils to allow non-aquatic Pokemon to battle near the ink). The ink will slow down Pokemon who are in the water (ink is thicker than water after all) but water Pokemon can breathe in it (don't ask why, really, don't.) and any Pokemon near the edge of the ink pond will be more likely to slip and fall (10% chance of slipping and falling instead of attacking. For the sake of secret power, this place counts as a building.

All Pokemon in this arena are allowed to temporarily sketch a move. This move can be used for the entirety of the battle, but not afterwards.

I'm going to drop my two battles as the time is running out for them anyway. Also, I have been playing Rayman a lot so enjoy this Rayman themed battle arena. I'm stuck on this level so here you go.

1vs1 single
Style: Set
DQ: Week
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Direct healing moves, Dig.
Arena: Picture city

This battle arena is made entirely of art materials. It is surrounded by walls made of erasers and has a small sea of ink in the middle (with several floating pencils to allow non-aquatic Pokemon to battle near the ink). The ink will slow down Pokemon who are in the water (ink is thicker than water after all) but water Pokemon can breathe in it (don't ask why, really, don't.) and any Pokemon near the edge of the ink pond will be more likely to slip and fall (10% chance of slipping and falling instead of attacking. For the sake of secret power, this place counts as a building.

All Pokemon in this arena are allowed to temporarily sketch a move. This move can be used for the entirety of the battle, but not afterwards.

You mind me taking you on? (Since one of the ones you dropped was with me, I have an open spot with which to try and take this!)

My battles have pretty much died, and I've been a bit bored lately, so here's this.
I seriously don't know why I keep making complicated arenas when I'm so inexperienced o.o

4vs4 double
DQ: 10 days
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, suicide moves, direct healing, weather moves, Dig, moves that require water/mud/rocks/plants/etc. to be provided
Arena: The Music Room

A giant's bewitched music room, perhaps. Or a witch's begianted music room. In any case, this room (and everything in it) seems to be in gargantuan proportions. Floating in the air in this otherwise empty room are instruments of various kinds. All the Pokémon will always be on one instrument. They start out on a random instrument (each has the same possibility of being picked as the rest) and all teleport to a different instrument every three rounds, at the end of the round. An instrument can be revisited if it is randomly chosen again. The instruments all have their own gravitational pull - meaning it is impossible to fall off the edge of an instrument. Instead of falling straight down, one simply walks on the other surfaces of the instrument. None of the instruments can be set on fire. The effects of each arena on sound-based attacks do not apply to Pokémon with the Soundproof ability. The possible instruments and the effects present on each are as follows:

Harp: A harp tipped sideways so that Pokémon can walk and battle all around the frame comfortably. Any Pokémon that fall asleep while on the harp will sleep for twice the amount of time they originally would have slept for, as long as at least five of the twenty strings remain intact. Strings can be broken by anything sharp or by applying an excess of force. If the strings are broken/cut, any Pokémon that may fall or jump into the center can float around in the center, weaving up and down, and moving as if swimming in air. Any sound-based moves that do damage have a -10 decrease in base power (ex. Chatter (BP of 60) now has a BP of 50). GrassWhistle and Sing have 80% accuracy.

Flute: A flute held horizontally. While on the flute, no Pokémon can be in a bad mood (voiding the effects of moves such as Taunt and Torment). If they so wish, Pokémon may crawl into any holes on the flute and have a very cramped and almost impossible battle within the length of the flute. On this instrument, any ghost-type attacks do an additional 2% damage (after all other modifiers have been applied). GrassWhistle has 100% accuracy.

Drum: A drum. When any Pokémon jumps, it is difficult for him/her/it to stop bouncing up and down on this drum unless either the Pokémon can maneuver itself into a neutral position (Pokémon that fly/hover), or if the Pokémon can stick to the drum's surface (Suction Cups etc.). If any Pokémon over 400 lbs. falls/smashes too forcefully into the center, a hole may appear in the surface, allowing all the Pokémon to battle inside the hollow drum. Sound-based attack moves and Earthquake have 1.5x base power (Chatter (BP of 60) now has a BP of 90), sound-based stat moves now have double the effect (ex. Growl decreases attack by 2 instead of 1). Earthquake also causes every Pokémon besides the user to start bouncing.

Guitar: A guitar floating at such a position that the opening faces straight upward. Pokémon may battle on the surface or inside. An Attract, used while at least two of the six strings are still intact, is twice as severe. Strings can broken by the same means as the harp's strings. Sound-based attack moves have +20 to their base power (ex. Chatter (BP of 60) now has a BP of 80), and any sound-based move whose accuracy is below 100% has an accuracy increase of 10% (ex. Sing (acc. 55%) now has acc. 65%).

Trumpet: A trumpet tipped sideways so that Pokémon can walk upright on the valves' sides. Any Pokémon that falls into the bell spend the next 2 actions sliding through the trumpet and emerging from the mouthpiece. Some self-targeting moves (Howl, Calm Mind, Chill) can be used while sliding along, if they do not require much movement, and does not delay emergence, but others may be impossible (Swords Dance, Defend Order, Magnet Rise). Sound-based attack moves have +30 base power (ex. Snarl (BP of 55) now has a BP of 85), and sound-based stat moves that target the user have double the effect (ex. Growl still decreases foe's atk by 1, but Howl increases user's atk. by 2).

My battles have pretty much died, and I've been a bit bored lately, so here's this.
I seriously don't know why I keep making complicated arenas when I'm so inexperienced o.o

4vs4 double
DQ: 10 days
Banned Moves: OHKOs, suicide moves, direct healing, weather moves, Dig, moves that require water/mud/rocks/plants/etc. to be provided
Arena: The Music Room

A giant's bewitched music room, perhaps. Or a witch's begianted music room. In any case, this room (and everything in it) seems to be in gargantuan proportions. Floating in the air in this otherwise empty room are instruments of various kinds. All the Pokémon will always be on one instrument. They start out on a random instrument (each has the same possibility of being picked as the rest) and all teleport to a different instrument every three rounds, at the end of the round. An instrument can be revisited if it is randomly chosen again. The instruments all have their own gravitational pull - meaning it is impossible to fall off the edge of an instrument. Instead of falling straight down, one simply walks on the other surfaces of the instrument. None of the instruments can be set on fire. The effects of each arena on sound-based attacks do not apply to Pokémon with the Soundproof ability. The possible instruments and the effects present on each are as follows:

Harp: A harp tipped sideways so that Pokémon can walk and battle all around the frame comfortably. Any Pokémon that fall asleep while on the harp will sleep for twice the amount of time they originally would have slept for, as long as at least five of the twenty strings remain intact. Strings can be broken by anything sharp or by applying an excess of force. If the strings are broken/cut, any Pokémon that may fall or jump into the center can float around in the center, weaving up and down, and moving as if swimming in air. Any sound-based moves that do damage have a -10 decrease in base power (ex. Chatter (BP of 60) now has a BP of 50). GrassWhistle and Sing have 80% accuracy.

Flute: A flute held horizontally. While on the flute, no Pokémon can be in a bad mood (voiding the effects of moves such as Taunt and Torment). If they so wish, Pokémon may crawl into any holes on the flute and have a very cramped and almost impossible battle within the length of the flute. On this instrument, any ghost-type attacks do an additional 2% damage (after all other modifiers have been applied). GrassWhistle has 100% accuracy.

Drum: A drum. When any Pokémon jumps, it is difficult for him/her/it to stop bouncing up and down on this drum unless either the Pokémon can maneuver itself into a neutral position (Pokémon that fly/hover), or if the Pokémon can stick to the drum's surface (Suction Cups etc.). If any Pokémon over 400 lbs. falls/smashes too forcefully into the center, a hole may appear in the surface, allowing all the Pokémon to battle inside the hollow drum. Sound-based attack moves and Earthquake have 1.5x base power (Chatter (BP of 60) now has a BP of 90), sound-based stat moves now have double the effect (ex. Growl decreases attack by 2 instead of 1). Earthquake also causes every Pokémon besides the user to start bouncing.

Guitar: A guitar floating at such a position that the opening faces straight upward. Pokémon may battle on the surface or inside. An Attract, used while at least two of the six strings are still intact, is twice as severe. Strings can broken by the same means as the harp's strings. Sound-based attack moves have +20 to their base power (ex. Chatter (BP of 60) now has a BP of 80), and any sound-based move whose accuracy is below 100% has an accuracy increase of 10% (ex. Sing (acc. 55%) now has acc. 65%).

Trumpet: A trumpet tipped sideways so that Pokémon can walk upright on the valves' sides. Any Pokémon that falls into the bell spend the next 2 actions sliding through the trumpet and emerging from the mouthpiece. Some self-targeting moves (Howl, Calm Mind, Chill) can be used while sliding along, if they do not require much movement, and does not delay emergence, but others may be impossible (Swords Dance, Defend Order, Magnet Rise). Sound-based attack moves have +30 base power (ex. Snarl (BP of 55) now has a BP of 85), and sound-based stat moves that target the user have double the effect (ex. Growl still decreases foe's atk by 1, but Howl increases user's atk. by 2).

I do believe I have a free battle slot, and this sounds quite fun! I'll take you on, if that's okay.

This is one is for pathos!

2vs2 Single
DQ: 8.5 days
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Suicide moves
Arena: Dancing with the Stars! Dance Floor

The very own floor of Dancing with the Stars. Len, Carrie Ann, Tom, Brook and ESPECIALLY Bruno are watching on. This is a relatively simple arena. The only quirk is each round there is a 10% chance that Bruno will start dancing on the table, which will distract everyone and no one will do anything that action.

This is one is for pathos!

2vs2 Single
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Suicide moves

The very own floor of Dancing with the Stars. Len, Carrie Ann, Tom, Brook and ESPECIALLY Bruno are watching on. This is a relatively simple arena. The only quirk is each round there is a 10% chance that Bruno will start dancing on the table, which will distract everyone and no one will do anything that action.

Ban direct-healing moves, define suicide moves and I'm in.

2vs2 Single
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Suicide moves, direct healing moves

Suicide is Explosion, Self-destruct, etc. Is Absorb direct healing?

2vs2 Single
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Suicide moves, direct healing moves

Suicide is Explosion, Self-destruct, etc. Is Absorb direct healing?

Nope, absorb is indirect healing. And I accept!

3v3 Single
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 70%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Block Fort

mariowiki said:
The Block Fort is a battle course in the Mario Kart series... ...Ramps lead up to the first level, where thin bridges lead to the other forts. Another ramp leads to the top level, with longer bridges to the other forts roofs.

Mario Kart instruction manual said:
The map consists of a series of floors, each three levels high. The four blocks are colored red, yellow, green and blue so you can quickly check your opponents' screens to find their locations.

When your Pokemon is on top of one of the coloured blocks and you choose to attack, there will be different gimmicks on each one.

Red: The power of each attack is boosted by 1.5x, but at 1.5x the energy cost.
Yellow: Restore 15% health after attacking, but the attack will only be at 0.5x its actual power.
Green: Chills restore twice the usual amount of energy, but 5% health will be lost after attacking.
Blue: Trebles the power of each attack, but halves the accuracy - a real high-risk, high-reward effect.

Also, after each action, there's a 5% chance that your Pokemon will be hit by a kart, making it lose 20% health.

2v2 Single
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healers.
Arena: Viridian Forest

Alone Route 2 from Viridian City and Pewter City lies this thick forest. The trees in the forest are so thick that little light gets in. A natural maze, many people tend to become lost inside.

BAH

2v2 Double
DQ: 7 days
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Direct Healing
Arena: Cotton Candy Forest

This arena is, as the name states, a forest, with trees with cotton candy leaves. The trees are slender and bear no branches at lower levels, making them impossible to climb, and the grass below is soft, green, and short. If a Pokemon manages to get a hold of and eat some cotton candy (which takes an action to eat) they regain 3% Health and Energy.

3v3 Single
Damage Cap: 70%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Block Fort

mariowiki said:
The Block Fort is a battle course in the Mario Kart series... ...Ramps lead up to the first level, where thin bridges lead to the other forts. Another ramp leads to the top level, with longer bridges to the other forts roofs.

Mario Kart instruction manual said:
The map consists of a series of floors, each three levels high. The four blocks are colored red, yellow, green and blue so you can quickly check your opponents' screens to find their locations.

When your Pokemon is on top of one of the coloured blocks and you choose to attack, there will be different gimmicks on each one.

Red: The power of each attack is boosted by 1.5x, but at 1.5x the energy cost.
Yellow: Restore 15% health after attacking, but the attack will only be at 0.5x its actual power.
Green: Chills restore twice the usual amount of energy, but 5% health will be lost after attacking.
Blue: Trebles the power of each attack, but halves the accuracy - a real high-risk, high-reward effect.

Also, after each action, there's a 5% chance that your Pokemon will be hit by a kart, making it lose 20% health.
I haven't had an ASB battle in a while, and this sounds like fun, sooo...taking!

2v2 Single
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healers.
Arena: Viridian Forest

Alone Route 2 from Viridian City and Pewter City lies this thick forest. The trees in the forest are so thick that little light gets in. A natural maze, many people tend to become lost inside.

I'm in.

Gosh, Coloursfall. That...is...awesome. I'd take it if I didn't suck at double battles.

Anyway, dropping this, since it never got reffed, and I just noticed it was still in list of active battles on my ASB profile.
And issuing this:
2vs2 single
Style: Switch
DQ: 9 days
Banned Moves: OHKO's,
Arena: Soupfish's Gone Crackers, Second Course
Soupfish the Magikarp, the mascot of the Fish Jumpers, is absolutely obsessed with soup. She's even gone so far as to build a giant bowl of luke-warm tomato soup for battling in. (how she did that with fins, don't ask.) A challenge was issued using this soup bowl arena, but it went without a referre for too long, and the soup went bad.
But now, Soupfish is back with a vengence!
This time, it's still a soup arena, but now...okay, not much has changed. It's still tomato soup. There are giant crackers floating around for the Pokemon to stand on, and the trainers still sit in chairs duct-taped to the side of the bowl. It is possible at any time for a Pokemon to take a sip from the soup if they get hungry, restoring 10% health. However, Grass-typed Pokemon won't enjoy the cannibalistic vegetable taste, and will only receive 5% upon drinking the soup. Fire-types however, will absolutely love the hot taste, and will regain 11% health. Another addition to this new batch of soup is pepper. This soup is slightly spicy, and on each sip a Pokemon takes, there is a 3% chance the pepper will make them sneeze, knocking them off the cracker platform they stand on.
Also, the use of Rain Dance will dilute the soup, causing it to overflow, spilling the contents onto the plate below, which instead of a plain field with no effects, now has a peanut butter sandwich half. The sandwich is a plain arena, except for the fact that it's slightly sticky, which will slow Pokemon down, and pieces of it can be eaten to restore 5% health to any Pokemon.

Other: Hopes this makes sense. I worked hard on it. Also, is there a rule against re-using arenas if the battle never got picked up? If this doesn't ever get reffed, I'd love to post it again later.

BAH

2v2 Double
DQ: 7 days
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Direct Healing
Arena: Cotton Candy Forest

This arena is, as the name states, a forest, with trees with cotton candy leaves. The trees are slender and bear no branches at lower levels, making them impossible to climb, and the grass below is soft, green, and short. If a Pokemon manages to get a hold of and eat some cotton candy (which takes an action to eat) they regain 3% Health and Energy.

If no one minds, I'll take this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom