• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The QUILTBAG Club (formerly the LGBT club)

You have absolutely no idea how much this will help my pro-homosexual arguments. :D

No problem! =D -super QUILTBAG hug- Religious studies is a topic that I'm interested in and I often try to find alternate viewpoints in mainstream Abrahamic religions' holy scriptures to help LGBTQUIA/QUILTBAG people in those religions and maybe build room in my heart for it someday.

Re: ellipses, it has nothing to do with enjoying stereotypically boy/girl things. As Jolty said. And I'll say now, I enjoy many varied things, and I don't define them by gender because they have no brain and cannot have a gender. So.

The thing is, I have a brain and I know I am a dude. I really have to say that your not understanding that is due to your privilege. *shrugs*

ignoring the fact that your typing is giving me a headache......

I am very sorry; the keyboard I am typing on is missing a bunch of letters.

There's a lot more to your body than your genitalia, and Genitalia Reconstruction Surgery is not magical, its bloody expensive, and may leave a lot to be desired.

I am not talking about those cases; the genitalia was just a specific example. I am talking about people who wouldn't want to chane their bodies. Like a man wit long air, narrow shoulders, wide hips, breasts, as well as a vagina and other physical characteristics called feminine. Even if there were some magic procedure that would allow him to look totally masculine without any repercussions (no hormones, surgery, it is literally magic), this man wouldn't want tat.

I said behaviors that *aren't learned*. As in, I just do feminine things without consciously doing so. I would also like to note that no trans* person gets a boost in social status from transition. They all drop very low on the social hierarchy, so that is not a motive at all.

Thats sort of what I don't understand either. I instinctively do lots of thins labeled masculine (and believe me wen I say I spend a lot of the time wishing I had been born male), but I don't... really think tat the behaviors are actually masculine. I can be a woman that acts in a masculine way but ultimately I don't even think those thins are actually masculine. Theres the rub, I guess?

Because there is no way to do so that has presented itself in practical life?

Stop labeling certain actions, dress, roles, ways of thinking etc. as masculine/feminine? Make whatever set of chromosomes you ave as important as whether you ave unattached or attached earlobes?

Again, gender identity comes first, roles and activities *usually* follow, but if they don't, that's okay, as gender identity is the only thing that matters for purpose of gender identification.

you can do the manliest things ever and still feel like a woman, and vice versa
it is hard to explain but it's just how your brain works I spose.

Re: ellipses, it has nothing to do with enjoying stereotypically boy/girl things. As Jolty said. And I'll say now, I enjoy many varied things, and I don't define them by gender because they have no brain and cannot have a gender. So.

The thing is, I have a brain and I know I am a dude. I really have to say that your not understanding that is due to your privilege. *shrugs*

gender identity is just one of those things I'll never be able to understand, I suppose. In any case I got very weak gender identity because I've never felt very... womanly, or even manly. Tanks for tryin' to 'elp me understand.

Stop labeling certain actions, dress, roles, ways of thinking etc. as masculine/feminine? Make whatever set of chromosomes you ave as important as whether you ave unattached or attached earlobes?

gender identity is just one of those things I'll never be able to understand, I suppose. In any case I got very weak gender identity because I've never felt very... womanly, or even manly. Tanks for tryin' to 'elp me understand.
Well, there you go then. Gender identity isn't very important to you, so you can't seem to grasp that it's extremely important and a sensitive subject to other people.

Not meaning that in a hostile way, and I'm sorry if it came off like that. I can't think of any other way to put it. There's things about other people's gender identity that I can't understand either, but I just accept that other people have different views and feelings on it and leave it at that.

Also, your typing is making me laugh. =P Hope you get a new keyboard soon. Maybe try copying and pasting some letters in the meantime?

Last edited:
O no yea, I know identity is important to people and my lack of compreension doesnt stop me from tryin to act like an ally. I just like understandin and I feel like I could be better support if I knew more about wat i was supportin.

As for keyboard, its only my laptop. :P I am missin a few of letters (g h ' backspace esc) and unfortunately are common enough that copy pastin is a chore. But enough about me and my issues - back to QUILTBAG!

@...'s question:
Who knows, man. Who frikkin knows.

See, here's the thing ... I know I'm a guy. Just know it. I don't even question it anymore, it's just a thing. I have no idea why. However, I also do a lot of non-'masculine' (bullshit word, really) things: I love cartoons, disney princesses, dress-up, ballet, I wear tiaras, et cetera et cetera et cetera. But it's not shaking my feeling that I'm a guy.

It's just one of those things. I don't even know how to explain it. Kinda hard to relate unless you're going through it, I guess?

It's just one of those things. I don't even know how to explain it. Kinda hard to relate unless you're going through it, I guess?
This probably should've been my answer but I am waaay too stubborn and intent on explaining the inexplicable. =P But yeah, that's pretty much it. There is very little to understand. Certain people feel a certain way really, really deeply and you just have to trust that they have those feelings.

@...'s question:
Who knows, man. Who frikkin knows.

See, here's the thing ... I know I'm a guy. Just know it. I don't even question it anymore, it's just a thing. I have no idea why. However, I also do a lot of non-'masculine' (bullshit word, really) things: I love cartoons, disney princesses, dress-up, ballet, I wear tiaras, et cetera et cetera et cetera. But it's not shaking my feeling that I'm a guy.

qzqe8n.jpg

Sorry to randomly pop up like this, but I need some help. This explains it pretty much but just in case tl;dr, my family are anti-gay Christians, and I am trying to convince them that I am justified in believing I can still be a Christian and support gay rights. Help?

This might help, too. The whole website is pretty much about that issue, but the pdf on that page sounds especially relevent. Good luck?

Jumped a milestone today; bought something girly in public! On my own!

Sounds creepy, I know, but I got a corset from the British Red Cross (£3 it was) and sadly, it won't fit. I sound like a damn perv but anyway, yeah. Goddamn it those things don't let you breathe, even with the zip halfway up. The bones were just plastic, too. I've taken it off and gone manly about 20 minutes ago and I still can't breathe.

Anyway, yeah. I'm not a UK 8, as I thought I was.

I'm going to second Danni's Soulforce link! I think it's a great resource for parents, family and friends of Christian QUILTBAGs!

European men are confusing. I can't tell whether they're gay or just European and it kills me.

That is all.

Are you the oldest sibling? I've found that parents are more strict to the oldest sibling and kinda expect the younger ones to follow your example or something.

In other Quiltbag news, I have a crush on a couple again. As in, I love them both and they are dating and it would be totally cool if I somehow got into that relationship myself, but I don't know how to bring it up and seriously doubt that either party would actually be into it.

Last edited:
Then bring it up. Ask them why are you being stifled when your sisters are being allowed to go wherever the hell they want?

Congrats! Welcome to the club! Here's a funfetti cupcake! I brought enough for everybody!

Sit down! Take your shoes off! Tell us more!

Back
Top Bottom