• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
1vs.1
DQ: 3 days
Damage Cap: None
Banned: 1HKO, healing moves

Doubleland

A blank, white landscape, with only a large "X 2" painted in big black type on the ground. In Doubleland, all moves do double damage, but for double the energy cost.

*Good for a really fast battle-Last time I used this arena, it lasted two rounds*

Edit: Doh! Forgot my profile! Silly me, Silly me.

Last edited:
2vs2, single battle
DQ: 10 days (that's 1 week 3 days)
Damage Cap: none
Banned Moves: OHKOs, heals
Arena: Nintendo DS

We're fighting on an enormous classic Nintendo DS (not the DS Lite!), one that's so big that a good-sized Pokemon like Charizard could fit comfortably on, say, the B button. The DS is open but the top screen is at a slight upwards incline, so Pokemon that can't get a good grip on it can't get onto the top screen. We start on the up and down buttons on the + Control Pad but we can roam wherever on the DS we want. If somebody falls off, a giant hand (like the one in Super Smash Bros.) picks them up and puts them back down in the middle of the touch screen, and they lose 5% health for falling down. Since whoever left the DS there has been playing Pokemon, there is a 30% chance every action that ANY random Pokemon will pop out of the screen, use a random one of its attacks on a random target, and disappear. (It can use any of its attacks except the banned moves: OHKOs and heals.) However, random Pokemon can only appear a maximum of once per round. A heavy Pokemon (like, say, Charizard again) can toggle the chance of this happening from 30% (on) to 0% (off) and vice versa by sitting on the POWER button. The other buttons don't do anything in this battle.

Mah profile

2vs2, single battle
DQ: 10 days (that's 1 week 3 days)
Damage Cap: none
Banned Moves: OHKOs, heals
Arena: Nintendo DS

We're fighting on an enormous classic Nintendo DS (not the DS Lite!), one that's so big that a good-sized Pokemon like Charizard could fit comfortably on, say, the B button. The DS is open but the top screen is at a slight upwards incline, so Pokemon that can't get a good grip on it can't get onto the top screen. We start on the up and down buttons on the + Control Pad but we can roam wherever on the DS we want. If somebody falls off, a giant hand (like the one in Super Smash Bros.) picks them up and puts them back down in the middle of the touch screen, and they lose 5% health for falling down. Since whoever left the DS there has been playing Pokemon, there is a 30% chance every action that ANY random Pokemon will pop out of the screen, use a random one of its attacks on a random target, and disappear. (It can use any of its attacks except the banned moves: OHKOs and heals.) However, random Pokemon can only appear a maximum of once per round. A heavy Pokemon (like, say, Charizard again) can toggle the chance of this happening from 30% (on) to 0% (off) and vice versa by sitting on the POWER button. The other buttons don't do anything in this battle.

Mah profile

Mien Profile

I'm up for a quick match, aren't you?

2vs2, double battle
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 70%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Earthquake, Direct recovery moves (ie Rest, Recover), Attract
Arena: Olympic swimming pool

There's no olympics this year, but that shouldn't stop us from trying, right! This match takes place in and around a large swimming pool, olympic-sized (that's 50 meters long, yes?) and 12 feet deep, with a shallow end on both sides that's 3 feet deep. The pool is divided into 6 lanes, separated by those floaty lane divider things. The water is a nice temperature, and doesn't have chlorine (for the Pokemon's safety).

All around the pool is a walkway for landlubbers, which is made of cement and about 3 meters wide, and then there are walls, a very high ceiling (10 meters) and windows. Don't go out of them. Weather effects such as Sunny Day will work, but to less of an effect than normal, and Hail and Rain Dance will have no effect whatsoever.

Twitchean Union profile

I'm up for a quick match, aren't you?

2vs2, double battle
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 70%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Earthquake, Direct recovery moves (ie Rest, Recover), Attract
Arena: Olympic swimming pool

There's no olympics this year, but that shouldn't stop us from trying, right! This match takes place in and around a large swimming pool, olympic-sized (that's 50 meters long, yes?) and 12 feet deep, with a shallow end on both sides that's 3 feet deep. The pool is divided into 6 lanes, separated by those floaty lane divider things. The water is a nice temperature, and doesn't have chlorine (for the Pokemon's safety).

All around the pool is a walkway for landlubbers, which is made of cement and about 3 meters wide, and then there are walls, a very high ceiling (10 meters) and windows. Don't go out of them. Weather effects such as Sunny Day will work, but to less of an effect than normal, and Hail and Rain Dance will have no effect whatsoever.

Twitchean Union profile
I think I shall take this as well. :> Yay doubles, Yay swimming~
For great justiiiiiice~

First challenge, GO!

3vs3,single battle
DQ:5 days
Damage Cap:40%
banned moves:OHKO's,recovery moves (recover, etc.)
Area: Awesome Pyramid Land!

The battle shall take place around an ancient egyptian pyramid. The perimeter of the pyramid consists of sand (yes, there is a sandstorm going on)and a mile-wide moat.

Meh, I need to battle, so I'll take this:
First challenge, GO!

3vs3,single battle
DQ:5 days
Damage Cap:40%
banned moves:OHKO's,recovery moves (recover, etc.)
Area: Awesome Pyramid Land!

The battle shall take place around an ancient egyptian pyramid. The perimeter of the pyramid consists of sand (yes, there is a sandstorm going on)and a mile-wide moat.
Profile, woot.

First Battle! Yata!

3 vs. 3
Single Battle
DQ: 3 days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Area: Simple Stage

Just a plain, clay arena. It has a small pool for water-only Pokemon.

Last edited:
Just posting to say I'll be taking up Kindling Queen and Moon-panther versus Grass King and Full Metal Cookies. It'll be up soon as I get confirmation on some details.
Yay first reffing. :> (Dun kill me please)

1v1 single
style: set
dq: 333 hours, or three hours less than two weeks
damage cap: 10%
banned moves: anything without a side effect
arena: everywhere
Everywhere. Nowhere. The world is vast, no?
Moves requiring material components require 2% less energy; there is the slight problem, however, that one may end up with the
worn component, causing earthquakes in the air, or rock tomb with water. Move types are adjusted according to material (after all, dumping water isn't exactly fire-type, is it?), and side-effects of handling the material apply.

me

i'll take the battle but the banned moves section confuses me

Yo dog my profile

In general I think it means that moves like Tackle, Wing Attack and Water Gun, which don't do anything other than damage, are banned; I assume it also includes moves that don't do damage but just cause one specific effect, like Thunder Wave. A little more clarification on exactly what constitutes a "side effect" would probably be nice, though, yes.

2vs2 Single
Style: Set
DQ: Six Days
Damage Cap: None
Banned Moves: OHKO's, weather
Arena: Sigil Keep

This arena appears similar to the sigil keep in Oblivion;

The first level looks like an oxygenated muscle coloured dome with small spikes surrounding a stone circle, and a central hole, of which a flaming pillar rise from the base of the tower itself.

The Second Level is Accessed by talon like stairs, and is similar to the outer ring of the previous floor, and has one energy fountian, and one health fountain (Magicka Essence and Blood Fountain respectively).

The Third level is accessed by a this muscle like ramp, and is a small muscle toned platform with the end of the flame pillar being held in place by an immovable stone. This platform is overall the smallest, and a fall from the third to the first level causes 5% damage to smaller pokemon. A small platform is held up by chains and surrounds the flame pillar here. This can be knocked down if two or more chains are dislodged.

Cieling/Roof: There is a large hole that goes to the domelike roof of the stage. Only Flying/Ghost/Other leviatating pokemon can access the roof, though the roof itself is unstable.

Other:

Flame Pillar: Deals 10% fire damage (super-effective/not very effective applies (fire types do take damage as it is mystical fire...)) to those who touch it. As heat rises, those who touch it are brought to the third level instantly.

Blood Fountain: Restores random amount of health, recharges after 5-10 rounds. (Health restored and rounds until rechrge complete determined by Ref)

Magicka Essence: Restores random amount of energy, recharges after 5-10 rounds. (Energy restored and rounds until rechrge complete determined by Ref)

Heated Room: As the entire area is heated by the flame pillar there is no water, and therefore the only water moves available are those created by the pokemon, but all damage is reduced by 2% after all caculations, and costs 3% more energy to use. Fire types benefit and automatically take 1% less damage and use 2% less energy to se fire moves.

Unstable Roof: Because of it's nature in the realm of destruction the roof has a 1% chance of collapsing. (increased if powerful ground or rock moves are used. 100% if Rock Slide used) Combatants can avoid the roof's collapsing if they are under the third level, or any set of stairs.

Mah profile!

And yes, I'm an Oblvion nut. (If the ref needs to get a better appearance reference to the arena, check uesp.net

Uh, Negrek, I think you missed the fact that Prezzel accepted this challenge...

Battle Format: 3 vs 3 Double
DQ Time: One Week
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned and Restricted Moves: OHKOs
Arena Description: The Beach
The battle starts on the sandy area of the beach, with all Pokemon facing the tide from the side. On the other side of the sandy area is a cliff, with three unoccupied cars.

A Pokemon with sufficient strength or psychic powers may throw a car at an opponent, an attack of 13% power and a hit percentage of 80%. Trying to hijack a car and drive into Pokemon is not recommended, as although it will fill up the damage cap of 50%, the chance of crashing is 85%, knocking your Pokemon out.

Since the arena is so close to the ocean, the strength of attacks such as Surf and Muddy Water is increased by 5%.

Profile Link: http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=306741&postcount=131

Last edited:
Battle Format: 2 vs 2 Single
DQ Time: 3 Days
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs
Arena Description: Island in the sun
You arrive at a remote island. Fairly small there's enough room on the island to house two Groudons.

Since it's in the sun the weather automatically starts off as Sunny Day raising fire type moves up by 5%, allowing no charge for Solar Beam, and weakening water type moves by 3%.

Spotted along the coast are random palm trees giving a nice amount of shade to rest.

Pokemon do have access to the ocean for water based pokemon.

If a Pokemon stays in the shade for at least 2 rounds they have a 10% chance of getting sun burnt which causes 2% damage. Each round they stay in after 2 the chance of sun burn goes up by 2%

Battle Format: 2 vs 2 Single
DQ Time: 3 Days
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs
Arena Description: Island in the sun
You arrive at a remote island. Fairly small there's enough room on the island to house two Groudons.

Since it's in the sun the weather automatically starts off as Sunny Day raising fire type moves up by 5%, allowing no charge for Solar Beam, and weakening water type moves by 3%.

Spotted along the coast are random palm trees giving a nice amount of shade to rest.

Pokemon do have access to the ocean for water based pokemon.

If a Pokemon stays in the shade for at least 2 rounds they have a 10% chance of getting sun burnt which causes 2% damage. Each round they stay in after 2 the chance of sun burn goes up by 2%

I'll take this challenge!

Profile here

GRRRAABBBLXYYYYQ

2vs2 single
DQ Time: Three weeks
Damage Cap: 20%
Banned Moves: Weather Moves, Infatuation, Chills 8/Pokémon
Arena: Someone Else's House- Henesys City

Someone Else's House is a secret area in Henesys City, on Victoria Island. The arena is a plain flat field, with a floating platform hanging around ten feet in the air, above the battlers' heads. All around the circular area are ladders leading up to the floating platform. Pokémon can start on the top or bottom platform, but four-legged Pokémon have no way of getting to the top from the bottom. There is a 5% chance of the Mushmom appearing each round, doing each of the battling Pokémon 20% damage. The Mushmom goes away after attacking, and must appear once during the battle, maximum two times.

Other:

DRAGON MUST BATTLE HERE DAMMIT

In general I think it means that moves like Tackle, Wing Attack and Water Gun, which don't do anything other than damage, are banned; I assume it also includes moves that don't do damage but just cause one specific effect, like Thunder Wave. A little more clarification on exactly what constitutes a "side effect" would probably be nice, though, yes.

Yes.

By side effect, I mean any extra effects on a damaging move, so not things like x-scissor and surf; priority (quick attack and its ilk) and accuracy (swift and such) do not qualify as side-effects, or any effect that always succeeds (id est, zap cannon, dynamicpunch, or serene grace charge beam), but sucker punch is allowed because of its other effect; status moves, stat boosters, protect/detect, and recovery (including chilling) have no extra effects, and are thus banned. Variable damage moves are not allowed; pain split, and the draining moves (though that should have been obvious) are allowed. counter and mirror coat are allowed. Oh, and OHKO's are basically infinite damage, so no.

Wow, that was long.

Battle Format: 3 vs 3 Double
DQ Time: One Week
Banned and Restricted Moves: OHKOs
Arena Description: The Beach
The battle starts on the sandy area of the beach, with all Pokemon facing the tide from the side. On the other side of the sandy area is a cliff, with three unoccupied cars.

A Pokemon with sufficient strength or psychic powers may throw a car at an opponent, an attack of 13% power and a hit percentage of 80%. Trying to hijack a car and drive into Pokemon is not recommended, as although it will fill up the damage cap of 50%, the chance of crashing is 85%, knocking your Pokemon out.

Since the arena is so close to the ocean, the strength of attacks such as Surf and Muddy Water is increased by 5%.

Profile Link: http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=306741&postcount=131

I'll take this if 'sufficient' is clarified.

prof

(I'd appreciate if this didn't start until next month)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom