• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, I'm getting the one with Reshiram! (Assuming that means I'm getting white, then.) eta: goddamn this whole black-on-white/vice-versa thing they have going for both the games is confusing.

Jokes about the weird fur tuft thing between its legs in 3... 2...

Zekrom because it's not awkwardly shaped.

Also, tbh, the groin thing's barely noticeable unless you /look/ for it.

I think they're both pretty cool. A bit plain, I guess, but they're smart-lookin'. :3

These legendaries remind sort of remind me of Digimon. Not that that's a bad thing; Digimon was a pretty cool show and I loved the designs of the Digimon. However, I'm glad that the designs are mostly one color and aren't nearly as complex as last generation's. I just hope they're not intended to be representation of good and evil, rather counterparts like Ho-oh and Lugia.

I was so determined I was going to get White version, I was sure it'd be some generic "evil" black dragon, but this thing is pretty damn awesome. Black version it is.

Black.

...just because White...erm... I dunno. I just don't like it that much. and what Spaekle and Blastoise said

I'm actually a little dissapointed, but meh.

The first time I saw them, I was like WHOA.

I'm disappointed at the black one. It's all... ugly in my opinion. Looks like a black Palkia. That was my first thought. Reshiram, on the other hand... it was the one I went WHOA at. My eyes zoomed to it and I was just like: "Beautiful." I didn't even notice the leg hairs. It looks like something I'd make up. I wonder what their weird tails are supposed to be.

I guess I'll decide which one I want when I see the version's exclusive list. That's usually what influences me most.

(Also, this whole thing about which one belongs to which to which version is confusing me.)

Last edited:
Woah. Definitely getting White version, because of the badass black dragon.

But what worries me is that the legends are apparrently going to have a central role again. I wouldn't mind if it was more along the lines of what Heart Gold and Soul Silver did, but knowing Game Freak it'll be another Team X wants to control Y legendary plot.

I actually really like both of them, but I like the white one more. It's kind of cool to see one of the major legendaries be so fluffy. The black one is cool, too, but a little too Palkia-looking.

To all those disappointed with the Legendaries/Starters, there is a trope for you.

I though you were gonna use "Jerkass". xD

After looking at them for a while and thinking... i kinda like them now. That's what happens to me with new pokemon.

I also agree with the "oooh black palkia" thing, but Palkia was one of my favorite legendaries which makes me like the black legendary (Ugh, forgot the name.) even moar.

Both of the dragons look pretty cool. What I like about them is that they have a very mature, sort of powerful look to them. I can understand these things being representations of light and darkness. A magical spacegoat being the creator of the universe, however...

The games look like they're going to be great, artistically at least.

(mijumaru still sucks btw)

I luv the tails. I'm still not convinced either way as to which version to get. We'll see~

Still, look at their feet. They look like Palkia o_o

Reshiram... is very ugly. Its whole posture just seems really off, with its overly long neck, and tufts of hair sprouting out at odd angles, and those agonizingly awkward arm/wing things, and its... fatness, and lack of resemblance to any animal on this earth. It will probably grow on me, and perhaps it just has very unflattering art, but this is my first impression.

Zekrom is a lot better design-wise. It looks like it could be dark/fighting and a fighting type legendary would be awesome. It looks a lot like a digimon I saw once, I think.

So yeah, I am almost definitely favoring black over white.

edit: um, and by that i mean white over black. you know :P

To those who are confused by the "white legendary as mascot of black", etc.:

yinYang.gif

White thing on black background, black thing on white background. Not that hard.

Anyway. Kratos approves of both legendaries. I think Reshiram's head looks a little mismatched, but overall I don't have a problem with it; I do like Zekrom a little better though, purely because it looks more like an actual dragon and that means I am automatically biased. I think they look more like Yu-Gi-Oh! monsters than Digimon, but w/e.

...maybe they'll do like GS and have both legends available in both games after a point?

I'm a little surprised that this happened so suddenly, though. I didn't think we'd be getting another big reveal until the leak of next month's CoroCoro, but it's not even June yet and the English website is acknowledging this new stuff. Huh.

Personally I like the white one. It looks really graceful and nice to look at. However, I'm going to wait for more new Pokemon to be released and see which ones are the version exclusives before I make my choice on version. But right now I'm leaning towards Black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom