• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Postcount!

Do you go for postcount++?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • No.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • ... I used to [cough cough]

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Occasionally.

Votes: 5 10.0%

• Total voters
I don't understand why anyone should be annoyed by postcount in itself. Pentimento is annoyed by people posting just to increase their postcount, which they would do regardless of whether they or anybody else can actually see it.

This is why I suggested the hide postcount option. Then people who are annoyed by postcount can go about the forums in bliss.

As Butterchu said, I don't care about postcount itself, and the option of hiding it is ridiculous. Postcount is just meant to show how much you post, not your quality as a forum member, so it bugs me when people think 'I must post more because clearly that will make me cool!' because no. That doesn't make you cool. That makes you a pain in the ass. And my hiding postcounts from my view wouldn't change them doing that.

Like I said, my opinion has changed. I no longer go for postcount++. Not consciously, anyway.

And since I've stopped, I've realized that, yes, my postcount still does go up even when I'm not in forum games. So I really don't care about it much anymore. Although I still think there should be a Forum Games group or something.

Used to when I could be bothered. XD Now I really don't post much at all.

Last edited:
I ... don't really post a lot anyway, so when I do post it's because I actually want to answer the thread!!

I'd be amused if postcount was just ... turned off entirely. It'd actually make my day to see it turned off and reset to 0 for everyone.

Hey guys, why do we call it postcount++ when we only gain one post per post? We should only have one + in that case.

Because I LOVE PLUS SIGNS!!

BUT NO
NEVER
I JUST TALK AND TALK HOPE THAT PEOPLE CARE

I only post for posting's sake when the 'Where have you been for the past two weeks?" header appears to get rid of it.

I lost track of my post count. For like the 150~ so until I was a Butterfree I was like "POSTCOUNT++ HEELLZ YEAH"

But not anymore. If I had to make an estimate of it right now:
REAL AMOUNT: 1565. 340 posts off. Yay.

Last edited:
Or... look at your postbit? Taking a second to look at a simple statistic that's already present on every post you make anyway != being obsessed with postcount.

I post here infrequently enough that half the people here now probably think I'm new

you should post more, xikaze. you always make funny posts :(

I think Xikaze should die in a hole so I never have to read another one of his posts. :|

Nope. The few times I've ever posted in Forum Games (Perhaps 10 or so) would have been because I was particularly bored and was looking for idle amusement. I... don't even understand why someone would post just for their postcount; it's just a little number, after all.

Back
Top Bottom