• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Tales of TCoD

Brock started choking, and tried to mutter a string of curses at Steele, but just raised his left hand. "Secret.... Black Move... Iron... Maiden!" He choked. Black Ant burst through the ground in front of Steele and proceeded the trap. Crow shot down from the trees. The blades appeared and launched towards Black Ant's coffin. But at the last minute they stopped. The force choking Brock ceased when Black Ant appeared so he began to Taunt. "I don't really want to kill you. I really don't" Brock said forcing a small amount of pity to prevent rage from launching the blades. "But I can't let this last incident go unpunished." Brock twisted his hand and a single blade launched into Black Ant. It was low, around the legs/thigh area. "The cut won't be fatal. But as for the poison, you will feel some stinging, followed by pain, then numbness. I highly doubt the small amount will kill you, but if it does, not my fault." Black Ant opened up and returned to Brock. The master and his puppets hid inside Salamander, and raised the frill and set up his iron curtain. If he needed to attack he had poison needles and could breathe flames.

((You won't die, and it wasn't a stab. It was mainly a scratch unless of course, you want to get stabbed, then be my guest. I left a lot out and tried not to godmod much so Steele could write into this scene. I hope this is okay. and I was directing this all at Patar :( . But I guess this works.))

Exo turned around at Patar's words.

"If you wish to help me, feel free. The more assistance I have in crushing the rebellion, the better. As for Brock, he can help if he wants. Steele can help if he wants. Any and all of you are free to join me in this crusade, but only if you want the rebellion dead as much as I do."

Without wasting another word, he exited the fortress. Once out side, he jumped onto Inti, and nodded.

The Salamence took flight, with Quilla successfully chasing after it.

((Based on Exo's true goal, the true location of the tcod fortress should be obvious. If it isn't, it will be in my next post.))

Steele gritted his teeth in pain at the moment he was cut. "YOU MOTHERF***ER! IS THAT WHAT YOU DO TO ONE OF YOUR TEAMMATES YOU DUMBASS?! HUH?!" Steele took his hand off the cut and wound back, getting ready to slug Brock right in his anime face, when one of Brock's less-than-friendly pets hopped in the way. "OH, F*** YOU!" Steele yelled frustratedly, takling a few steps back before sprinting towards base camp, his profile.

Yoshi walked dumbly into the throne room, finding nobody there. Wuzzhappenin'...? Huh? He looked to the empty throne, his feet, the throne, his feet, the throne, and then Amos. The Pug waddled over innocently, and let his toungue roll out of his mouth. As Yoshi began mumbling the lyrics to "Rooftops" by the Lost Prophets, he turned, and walked himself out of the fortress, his loyal little lardball following him.

Upon getting outside, he promptly tripped, faceplanting ever-so-gracefully. And all his dog did was grab onto his finger, and wag his tail. It's not a GODDAMNTOY.

Markku smiled at Zora. She was always like this around him, and frankly, it brightened his mood a little bit. Especially her grin. Oh, how he loved to see her smile.

"You're right." he said, laughing under his breath nervously. "I'll stop being negative. Or at least, try." Markku turned his gaze to the others in the room. Most seemed to be getting ready to leave. And here he was, standing idly by as if he had no clue what to do. Markku sighed, running his fingers through his already messy hair.

"Well, Zor, you're the leader of this group. 'Leader" usually means you lead the way."

Zora released her tight embrace, then patted her hip. Chimani swirled to her side, and glanced over at Arylett. "Might wanna get her over here. After all, she IS your protege, and one of your most trusted subordinates. No one would expect a spare map to be in the possession of her or Flareth, while everyone would know if Markku had it."

"You raise a fair point..." Zora muttered, "and I can always summon it back if I need it by memorizing what the first one looks like. Good ol' pencil." She turned to Arylett. "Hey, 'Lett! C'mon over here! I'm trustin' you with the second map, a'aight? Good. I'll give it to ya when we get through the door here."

She took out her pencil and sketched a megaphone in midair. When the real thing appeared in her hand, she turned it on. "Let's go, people! Time to head on out!" She took Markku's hand, and with Chimani next to her, she went straight for the door.

Arylett roused out of what had seemed to be a rather intense reverie. She was making her rather humorous thinking face, which involved puckering her lips excessively and making them touch her nose. She scowled a bit as she had managed to catch a glimpse of Markku smiling. Seeing happy people when she was unhappy, and especially when those happy people had romantic overtures, irritated her.

Upon approaching Zora though, she tried to wipe the scowl off of her face. However, a faint sort of cynical frown seemed to remain upon it. She sucked at hiding her feelings.

"Huh... what...? Oh... all right... but I can't read maps."

Crazy Linoone made a small squeak of surprise when its evil scheme of completely unsuspiciously sneaking a taste of the fried cod was found out, but it had no time to lose -- the cod's falling! The badger scrambled up and, in a heroic leap, saved the flying piece of fish from crashing into the ground. Catching the cod in its mouth, Linoone did a triple ninja roll and stopped a few millimeters away from Typh, who was starting to walk away.

Linoone scrambled after Typh, chewing the piece of cod thoughtfully. It was a good idea to fry the cod, yes; the piece of fish tasted much better now. Although, something seems missing... Crazy Linoone sped up a little until it caught up with Typh, then taking off its beret, produced a clove of garlic. "Garlic?" The Linoone offered. "Everything tastes better when fried in butter and garlic."

Zora was yelling something through a megaphone -- hm, seems like Typh's going to the Art place with Zora. And since Typh has a frying pan and above-average cooking skills, Linoone feels pretty content following the group.

She strolls over to grab another cup of tea (maybe she'll get a chance to modstick it into something decent; maybe pigs'll fly), then hurries over to Zora's group and counts: one, two, three -- "Hello, everyone; where are we going?"

As Midnight would reach the bottom of the stairs and look behind him, Seeing only Cryptica behind him he would sigh and turn back around. In front of him was a cavern with four different paths, As he would then turn to his left and look at the wall. As he would put his hand on a small indent in the wall and pressed on it it would give way, Showing a small cupboard filled with three cans of green paint.as he would stow two cans inside his jacket and then walk to the second entrance from the left. then turning around and waiting for the rest of his party to come.

Well... Even though I have the smaller group at least I have good company... Just as long as none of them wander off it should all be fine.

Flareth fistpumped at Linoone as the creature brought out a clove of garlic.

"Yes, now that's what I'm talking about!" she screamed.

She turned to "James".

"Museum." she said.

She dashed behind Zora, hoping not to lose track of the group.

"Ah! Knew I was missing something." Typh backstepped a bit, plucked the clove of garlic from Linoone's fingers, and dashed back to the museum's entrence. "You'll get the finished cod when it's done cooking, kay?"

She peeked in. It seemed dark. Fortunately, her living torch should be here any second.

Hugh panted as he, in vain, tried to keep up with Typh "M-M'lady, wait!"

"Yeahhh~" Linoone fist-bumped Flora and walked faster to catch up to the group.

The museum was huge, dark, and generally inactive. There used to be pictures of all sorts inside and art shops where artists pimped their stuff, but the museum seemed strangely empty today. A wave of nostalgia came over Linoone, and the badger wiped a tear from its eye. "Ahhh... The scent of lemon. Like the days of my youth, you see," it muttered, remembering the Good Old Days when the Obsessive Scribblers Club was active and members churned out group pictures like there was no tomorrow.

It's all Exo's fault.

She rubs at her forehead and -- doesn't scowl, exactly, but it's close. "Most fun I've had all day," she says. She hasn't touched the museum in years. One could blame the typical modly absence, but ... that's not true. Nature -- no, power -- abhors a vacuum; what power ends up in charge usually had the most support. Dictatorships like physical power and intimidation. They also like patterns. She's never been that familiar with most of the rebels she's recognized thus far, but....

She's stayed away from the Art sections for years. The dominant cliques changed, and from what little she checked later, most of the people who set up shop -- pun intended -- after she and the rest of Team Super di Duper Awesome (Super of Awesome Duper? wat? -- THAT'S OFF-TRACK STOP WORRYING ABOUT IT) left were -- right around here, actually!

Irritating Super Evil Guy'd have to be an idiot to have his hideout around here. Of course, if anyone finds out that you're killing people you're kind of an idiot to start with.

Bah, evil overlords. Usurp one thing that'd been unofficially abandoned for years before the people in charge left (or 'left') and they think they're so awesome. What's-his-name should count himself lucky that the people trying to move against him have about as good of a sense of regimes as he.

She shakes her head. "If that's lemon, I think it's turned."

As Midnight would bend his arm so that the bottom point of his Ahna was near the tlop of the paint can, As he would then flip it over and poke a semi-small hole in the bottom of the can, Watching as luminescent green paint would slowly begin to drain out. As he would then turn around towards Cryptica and motion towards her to come.

"Any others who wake up and realize they've missed the boat can follow us. Now come on."

As he would then turn around, walking into the darkness. As he did so he would reach inside his sweatshirt and pull out a small crank lantern. As he would wind it up a bit and point it ahead. Walking slowly so Cryptica could catch up.

"You don't have to read it." Zora yawned, still clinging to her lover's hand. She was pretty much dragging him, but if he hadn't complained yet... was that... an irritated frown?

Chimani looked up and saw the same scowl. "Zora, I know what you're thinking. Don't even say a word about it."

"Like hell I won't. What's wrong, 'Lett? You're frowning. That won't do at all~"

Dammit. So Zora noticed... she really did suck at holding her feelings. Well, she supposed she would've noticed sooner or later. Hmph.

"No, no, I'm fine." But her voice was not quite so convincing, some of the bitterness from watching the two of them had seeped into it as well as newfound irritation from Zora's tilde-like speech.

"Huh. Lemons smell pungant." Typh yawned and scratched the back of her head. With Hugh finally catching up, she could go on. A wry grin lit her face up.

"You're slow, aren't ya, Hugh?" The reptile puffed and glared.

"Not by much..."

((OH LOOK A LATE ARRIVAL AREN'T I SPECIAL.))

Evoli stepped out of the shadows in a slightly-stealthy maneuver, which was somewhat ruined by the fact that she was singing. Loudly. From far off, someone holding a lantern or some sort of light was walking towards her. Well, it could either be big-bad-evil-whoever, or some other person. Evoli had always prided herself on her keen powers of observation.
"HEY!"

Cryptica looked confused as Midnight started fumbling around with some cans of green paint. Zampano watched intently, or rather tried to figure out what Midnight was doing through the smell of paint and dark cavern.

Cryptica looked up a bit and noticed Midnight making a beckoning gesture. She nodded and broke into a slow jog, Zampano following close behind. She kept a bit behind Midnight but showed no sign of falling behind.

Back
Top Bottom