• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umm, reposting this from pages fare back, hoping someone will take this.Dropping my battle with Arylett Dawnsborough and making this one.

6 vs 6 single battle. (two trainers with 6 pokemon)
DQ; 3 days
Style; set
Damage Cap; 40%
Banned moves; weather moves, charging moves, OH KO moves.
Arena; Simple Butte

A scenic little butte, home to almost no Pokemon. A perfect place for a Pokemon battle.

A butte is basicly a piece of land that is narrow and goes up from the ground in a steep incline. Picture the top half of a cylinder sprouted from the ground. Since the Butte is so steep, a large fence has been put all around it to keep anyone from falling off.

There is nothing special about this Butte. Everything is simple! However, the Referee has a choice to make it interesting. The ref can do anything to the bare patch of land! This is a choice though, they dont have to.

Rules; Only the ref has a choice to remodel the arena. the trainers cannot.

If this is still open, I'll take it. And By charging moves i assume you mean Solar Beam and Skull Bash, etc., but what about Hyper Beam?

Umm....i dropped that one to make room for the one posted by LS.

HOWEVER! I guess i'll repost it and drop the gyarados one instead. And Hyper beam does not count. if it takes one full action before you use it, then you cannot use it. However,if you have to REcharge after using it, thats ok.

So, reposing the battle wargle agreed to and dropping the gyarados one

=D

4 vs 4 single
Style: Set
DQ: Two weeks
Damage Cap: 48%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, 5 Chills per Pokemon
Arena: First Earth

Moving to the world of Pendragon, 2 people from the land of Asber go to First Earth, which is Earth in 1937. The battlers are near a flume, in a subway station which has been mostly evacuated for this battler, except for the unlucky few that were not informed in time, or the trains still currently in circulation.

The Pokemon, after being struck, has a 15% chance to be hit by a train every round, taking 10% typeless damage. A Psychic typed Pokemon or a Pokemon with significant psychic powers may hold one of their foes on the tracks for the round, every 5 rounds. This prevents both the foe and the Pokemon from performing other commands, but raises the chance of 5% to 45%. This cannot be done if the Psychic Pokemon is confused, burned, frozen, paralyzed, or otherwise unable to properly concentrate.

Every 3 rounds there is a 30% chance a Pokemon will trip and fall into the flume (or by other means, perhaps), and be sent to a number or different places. The chance is increased to 35% if the Pokemon is confused. Only one Pokemon can fall into it every 3 rounds, not both.

The Pokemon is sent to Denduron, where they return at the end of the round with a body part frozen from the cold, chosen by the ref, and a bleeding status from the bears, where the Pokemon is depleted of 2% each round for 4 rounds. If the Pokemon is brought to 25% health while bleeding, they will be mildly confused until their health is either restored above it or until they faint, due to blood loss.

The Pokemon is sent to Cloral, where they nearly drown if any other type than Water, and lose 5% energy getting back to the flume, and lose 5% health if they are Fire typed, as well. Water types are not affected. They instead eat a piece of fruit on the walls that restore 3% health.

The Pokemon is sent to Third Earth, where they restore 10% energy from the tranquility.

The Pokemon is sent to Veelox, where there are no effects.

The Pokemon is sent to Eelong, where they are attacked by Klees, for 15% health and 5% energy to escape. They also gain the bleeding status.

The Pokemon is sent to Zadaa, where Water Pokemon lose 5% health due to lack of moisture nearby. otherwise, nothing else happens.

The Pokemon is sent to Quillian, where they are beaten by dados for 7% health.

The Pokemon is sent to Ibara, where they get stung by bees, and get poisoned.

The Pokemon is sent to Second Earth, where they are bitten by dogs for 3% health.

Other: Nothing else to note.

4 vs 4 single
DQ: Two weeks
Damage Cap: 48%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, 5 Chills per Pokemon
Arena: First Earth

Moving to the world of Pendragon, 2 people from the land of Asber go to First Earth, which is Earth in 1937. The battlers are near a flume, in a subway station which has been mostly evacuated for this battler, except for the unlucky few that were not informed in time, or the trains still currently in circulation.

The Pokemon, after being struck, has a 15% chance to be hit by a train every round, taking 10% typeless damage. A Psychic typed Pokemon or a Pokemon with significant psychic powers may hold one of their foes on the tracks for the round, every 5 rounds. This prevents both the foe and the Pokemon from performing other commands, but raises the chance of 5% to 45%. This cannot be done if the Psychic Pokemon is confused, burned, frozen, paralyzed, or otherwise unable to properly concentrate.

Every 3 rounds there is a 30% chance a Pokemon will trip and fall into the flume (or by other means, perhaps), and be sent to a number or different places. The chance is increased to 35% if the Pokemon is confused. Only one Pokemon can fall into it every 3 rounds, not both.

The Pokemon is sent to Denduron, where they return at the end of the round with a body part frozen from the cold, chosen by the ref, and a bleeding status from the bears, where the Pokemon is depleted of 2% each round for 4 rounds. If the Pokemon is brought to 25% health while bleeding, they will be mildly confused until their health is either restored above it or until they faint, due to blood loss.

The Pokemon is sent to Cloral, where they nearly drown if any other type than Water, and lose 5% energy getting back to the flume, and lose 5% health if they are Fire typed, as well. Water types are not affected. They instead eat a piece of fruit on the walls that restore 3% health.

The Pokemon is sent to Third Earth, where they restore 10% energy from the tranquility.

The Pokemon is sent to Veelox, where there are no effects.

The Pokemon is sent to Eelong, where they are attacked by Klees, for 15% health and 5% energy to escape. They also gain the bleeding status.

The Pokemon is sent to Zadaa, where Water Pokemon lose 5% health due to lack of moisture nearby. otherwise, nothing else happens.

The Pokemon is sent to Quillian, where they are beaten by dados for 7% health.

The Pokemon is sent to Ibara, where they get stung by bees, and get poisoned.

The Pokemon is sent to Second Earth, where they are bitten by dogs for 3% health.

Other: Nothing else to note.

As an avid Pendragon fan, I accept this. Dropping my battle with ILS in the process.

Hobey-ho!

Loser buys the sniggers at Grolo's.

Holy mother of God I will pay a referee an extra $5 to ref this ASAP.

Yeah, I want to start this, too.

I'll be extremely happy if the ref is also a fan, else they'll have to do a bit of research to properly describe it.

My one "active" battle still hasn't had round 1 reffed, and my other still hasn't even picked up a ref, so... new challenge!

4vs4 single
DQ: 10 days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, suicide moves, direct healing
Arena: Just Another Forest Clearing

Yes, we'll be in Just Another Forest Clearing. Well, more like a huge field surrounded by the forest. Half of the field is occupied by a lake, with four small islands in it. A pile of rocks is lying at the very edge of the field, next to the water. Nothing special really happens... it's just a quiet grassy field, perfect for battle.

Other: Only basic- or baby-stage Pokémon allowed.

My one "active" battle still hasn't had round 1 reffed, and my other still hasn't even picked up a ref, so... new challenge!

4vs4 single
DQ: 10 days
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, suicide moves, direct healing
Arena: Just Another Forest Clearing

Yes, we'll be in Just Another Forest Clearing. Well, more like a huge field surrounded by the forest. Half of the field is occupied by a lake, with four small islands in it. A pile of rocks is lying at the very edge of the field, next to the water. Nothing special really happens... it's just a quiet grassy field, perfect for battle.

Other: Only basic- or baby-stage Pokémon allowed.

I'll take you on (hooray for reffing again and being able to take up another challenge!).

Weeell, Omski dropped my battle. So reposting it.
3vs3
DQ time: 7 days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Marker World

Description: As ASBers come up with strange arenas, a slightly simpler one is set as a stage for a battle. In Marker World, each Pokémon sent out is given a Type Marker. A Type Marker is a wonderful little marker that a Pokémon can use to create a move. There are 17 markers; one for each type. The ref RNG's to determine what marker the Pokémon will have. The marker allows the Pokémon to use any move of the type the marker represents. The arena consists of a single street, lined with houses of many colors and marker people. If a Pokémon uses a move that affects the buildings, the markers will form a riot and attack the Pokémon for 5% nontype damage.

Markers: (Color-Type-RNG)

White-Normal-1
Green-Grass-2
Red-Fire-3
Blue-Water-4
Yellow-Electric-5
Army Green-Bug-6
Brown-Ground-7
Light Brown-Rock-8
Mahogany-Fighting-9
Black-Dark-10
Gray-Steel-11
Pink-Psychic-12
Purple-Posion-13
Gold-Dragon-14
Subdued Purple-Ghost-15
Light Blue-Ice-16
Subdued Blue-Flying-17

Notes: Markers do not replace held items.

For Byrus.

4v4 singles
Style: set
DQ: seven days
Damage Cap: none
Banned moves: OHKO, taunt
Arena: the Skaian Battlefield

Description:
That's right,the Skaian Battlefield. It is a large open field that has a checker pattern throughout. There are some hills in the distance, and there is a river off to the side. After three rounds, Jack Noir will fly in and kill the white king, taking his staff. After this, the Reckoning will begin. Two rounds after the Reckoning begins, the orbiting moon Prospit will fall down and KO any pokemon that cannot dodge it. Every round after the Reckoning begins, excluding the round when Prospit falls onto the field, there is a 25% chance that one of the meteors around Skaia will fall down and hit one of the pokemon that is out. These meteors have a 50/50 chance of being treated as either Draco Meteor or Meteor Mash, as thrown by a third stage dragon or steel typed pokemon, respectively.

Notes: I think I may have missed part of my idea...

For Byrus.

4v4 singles
Style: set
DQ: seven days
Damage Cap: none
Banned moves: OHKO, taunt
Arena: the Skaian Battlefield

Description:
That's right,the Skaian Battlefield. It is a large open field that has a checker pattern throughout. There are some hills in the distance, and there is a river off to the side. After three rounds, Jack Noir will fly in and kill the white king, taking his staff. After this, the Reckoning will begin. Two rounds after the Reckoning begins, the orbiting moon Prospit will fall down and KO any pokemon that cannot dodge it. Every round after the Reckoning begins, excluding the round when Prospit falls onto the field, there is a 25% chance that one of the meteors around Skaia will fall down and hit one of the pokemon that is out. These meteors have a 50/50 chance of being treated as either Draco Meteor or Meteor Mash, as thrown by a third stage dragon or steel typed pokemon, respectively.

Notes: I think I may have missed part of my idea...
Accepted!

3 VS 3
STYLE: Set
DQ: One Week
DAMAGE CAP: 40%
BANNED: OHKO's, Perish Song
ARENA: GIGANTIC COCOON

On the rocky cliffs of the Asber coast, underneath a ridiculous overhang of nondescript stone, a bunch of bugs have decided to join together and make a GIANT COCOON that hangs and swings dangerously low over the crashing gray waves below.The huge, white-silk orb is oblong in shape, with huge, wiggly support beams sticking out of the top. Bugs, from anorith to yanma and joltik to scolipede, crawl across the surface, bringing food and water and other necessities. It's a rather nice community, honestly, and like all good communities it must inevitably be the site of an ASB pokémon battle.

The cocoon's inner parts, about the size of a few three-story buildings laid on their sides, on top of one another, are divided in such a way that the very bottom, where the battle takes place, is about as big as a mansion. The floor is interwoven silk, very soft and damp, and you can see the ocean below through gaps as big as a guy's head. The ocean, by the way, is about thirty feet away at the bottom of the floor's curve, and can easily fuel water-based attacks. Kakuna, cascoon, and other hibernating bugs coat the walls like sleeping ornaments, and spires of supporting silk spring from the ground to the ceiling, like trees. Small rocklike balls of the stuff also cover the ground, and can be used as projectiles if needed. Also, this section of the GIGANTIC COCOON is big enough for weather moves to work easily, and if Sunny Day is used it makes a bunch of League Volbeat use Tail Glow and Flash all at once on the ceiling, to be inclusive.

Once every round, during a random action, a swarm of any given unevolved bugs (caterpie, joltik, etc.), led by their fully-evolved form (a butterfree, a galvantula, etc.) will attack, dealing 4% Bug-type damage to the battlers but giving each on a random berry in addition to its other item. These berries stack, but will be taken by Blastoise for his shop at the end of battle. They will also leave one of their number behind on each trainer and the referee, as adorable spies. No two pokémon will swarm twice unless there are no more new ones to be chosen, and due to strange pokémon cruelty laws no one can technically remove one of the little buggers from their person by force. (Why would you want to, though?)

Additional Rules: The first pokémon sent out by both trainers must be a Bug-type. All trainers must wear a Bug Catcher uniform, the referee as well. The cocoon must be, when referred to by its full name, be called the GIGANTIC COCOON, not the gigantic cocoon or Gigantic Cocoon or any of that crap. It's disrespectful, you see.

I'm game. Let's d this!

Weeell, Omski dropped my battle. So reposting it.
3vs3
DQ time: 7 days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Marker World

Description: As ASBers come up with strange arenas, a slightly simpler one is set as a stage for a battle. In Marker World, each Pokémon sent out is given a Type Marker. A Type Marker is a wonderful little marker that a Pokémon can use to create a move. There are 17 markers; one for each type. The ref RNG's to determine what marker the Pokémon will have. The marker allows the Pokémon to use any move of the type the marker represents. The arena consists of a single street, lined with houses of many colors and marker people. If a Pokémon uses a move that affects the buildings, the markers will form a riot and attack the Pokémon for 5% nontype damage.

Markers: (Color-Type-RNG)

White-Normal-1
Green-Grass-2
Red-Fire-3
Blue-Water-4
Yellow-Electric-5
Army Green-Bug-6
Brown-Ground-7
Light Brown-Rock-8
Mahogany-Fighting-9
Black-Dark-10
Gray-Steel-11
Pink-Psychic-12
Purple-Posion-13
Gold-Dragon-14
Subdued Purple-Ghost-15
Light Blue-Ice-16
Subdued Blue-Flying-17

Notes: Markers do not replace held items.

If no one else has taken it, I will.

who wants to beat me up

1vs1 Single
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 56%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Perish Song, 3 chills per Pokemon
Arena: Pokemon Stadium

A simple stadium with a hard packed dirt floor and a large pool of water forming a moat around it. The dirt only goes about three feet down before it hits concrete. The roof has been retracted for flying Pokemon, and it's slightly cloudy (treated as neutral weather). People sit in the bleachers around the stadium, waiting for a battle to begin.

Other: Pokemon choices are to be PM'd to the referee, as well as five moves from its movepool to form a moveset. Only the five chosen moves can be used during the battle. Chills don't count towards this five move limit. The movesets should be kept secret from the other player!

who wants to beat me up

1vs1 Single
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 56%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Perish Song, 3 chills per Pokemon
Arena: Pokemon Stadium

A simple stadium with a hard packed dirt floor and a large pool of water forming a moat around it. The dirt only goes about three feet down before it hits concrete. The roof has been retracted for flying Pokemon, and it's slightly cloudy (treated as neutral weather). People sit in the bleachers around the stadium, waiting for a battle to begin.

Other: Pokemon choices are to be PM'd to the referee, as well as five moves from its movepool to form a moveset. Only the five chosen moves can be used during the battle. Chills don't count towards this five move limit. The movesets should be kept secret from the other player!

Taking! I have no idea what moves I want so yeah it's pretty likely you'll be beating me up instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom