• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't actually have to challenge someone in particular if you don't want to; you can also make an open challenge for anyone who wants to take it.

So, this is where I can challenge anybody I want, I am guessing.

Then I challenge, umm, lets see. Pathos

Type of Battle: 2 versus Two Single Switch style
DQ: 5 days
damage Cap: 45%
Bannaed Moves: One hit KOs
Arena: Descara Town Battle center

Descara Town is a creepy ghost town that is located far iunderneath Boulderon Mountain. There are surprisingly people here that wish to have their own private battles. That is why the Battle Center was made. Here, any trainer can make a chalenge to battle a trainer of their choice. However, the room is dimmly lit, so there will be a drop in all accuracy of any Pokemon taht cannot use Flash or Mind Reader or any other move that allows you to see in the dark.

I don't actually have room for another battle at the moment, but if you really want to battle me you can wait until one of my battles finishes and challenge me again. Or you can battle someone else.

I have relized a bit of confusion on myself in these two battles.

By Earth bound Pokemon, I mean those who move the ground. The only two are Diglett and Dugtrio.
Sorry if I confused the rest of you all.

Last edited:
3vs3 single
Style:
Set
DQ: Four days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's and direct recovery moves.
Arena: Treeshroud Forest

Treeshroud Forest is a dense deciduous forest on an island far away. The trees are very close together, and undergrowth covers much of the forest floor, though there are some visible paths that a Pokemon could stay on if it were too big to maneuver between the tree trunks. This particular battle takes place in a small clearing about the size of a typical room in a house. This clearing is surrounded by bushes and smaller trees that are densely placed, and also has a couple of large trees in the center. As one gets farther and farther from the clearing, the oaks and other deciduous trees grow taller and thicker. The sky just above the clearing is hardly visible; if the weather were to change, it would be less effective than in an open space, and all effects due to the weather are halved. For example, instead of rain doubling the strength of Water moves, it would only multiply them by 1.5; instead of sunlight doubling the speed of a Pokemon with Chlorophyll, the Pokemon's speed would only increase to 1.5 times; etc.

Other: I'm still sort of a beginner at ASB; I'd prefer to battle with someone of about my skill level.

3vs3 single
Style:
Set
DQ: Four days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's and direct recovery moves.
Arena: Treeshroud Forest

Treeshroud Forest is a dense deciduous forest on an island far away. The trees are very close together, and undergrowth covers much of the forest floor, though there are some visible paths that a Pokemon could stay on if it were too big to maneuver between the tree trunks. This particular battle takes place in a small clearing about the size of a typical room in a house. This clearing is surrounded by bushes and smaller trees that are densely placed, and also has a couple of large trees in the center. As one gets farther and farther from the clearing, the oaks and other deciduous trees grow taller and thicker. The sky just above the clearing is hardly visible; if the weather were to change, it would be less effective than in an open space, and all effects due to the weather are halved. For example, instead of rain doubling the strength of Water moves, it would only multiply them by 1.5; instead of sunlight doubling the speed of a Pokemon with Chlorophyll, the Pokemon's speed would only increase to 1.5 times; etc.

Other: I'm still sort of a beginner at ASB; I'd prefer to battle with someone of about my skill level.

I'll take this. Don't worry I'm new, too, so our skill levels will be about the same.

Last edited:
I officially take back anything negative I've ever said about a metronome battle. Metronome battles are amazing.

Challenge for Mawile and Windyragon! If Kusari wants to jump in on this before things get entirely set up, then that's great as well.

1 vs. 1 vs. 1 Single(???)
DQ: Week
Damage Cap: None
Banned Moves: Anything but metronome!
Arena: Negrek's Bloodstream

So. There's the Battle for Asber currently going on, meteors destroying things all over the place, the tournament stepping up, and all sorts of interesting things happening in Asber right now. Things must be getting really tough on Negrek!

Let's irritate Negrek even more, by having a metronome battle in neg's body. Everyone will be shrunken down my minimize magic, and teleported into neg's veins (or something) using a similar method. Energy will be kept permanently at 100%, so there's only one way for this battle to end; with the complete explosion of our head referee. Seems like a great idea, right???

Mewtwo will certainly be pleased, not like they're going to stay conscious enough to celebrate long. Once Negrek is sufficently dead, the battle will move onto neg's corpse and the blood-jars made of rebels.

Other: Pokemon will automatically leech oxygen out of Negrek's bloodstream by assaulting the hemoglobin, so there's no reason to worry on that end. In this battle everyone can learn metronome (yes, even the trainers and referee).

Quick, let's start this before Negrek gets online and kills us all!

Either blazhy or Superbird or some combination thereof will be reffing this? I think.

I officially take back anything negative I've ever said about a metronome battle. Metronome battles are amazing.

Challenge for Mawile and Windyragon! If Kusari wants to jump in on this before things get entirely set up, then that's great as well.

So. There's the Battle for Asber currently going on, meteors destroying things all over the place, the tournament stepping up, and all sorts of interesting things happening in Asber right now. Things must be getting really tough on Negrek!

Let's irritate Negrek even more, by having a metronome battle in neg's body. Everyone will be shrunken down my minimize magic, and teleported into neg's veins (or something) using a similar method. Energy will be kept permanently at 100%, so there's only one way for this battle to end; with the complete explosion of our head referee. Seems like a great idea, right???

Mewtwo will certainly be pleased, not like they're going to stay conscious enough to celebrate long. Once Negrek is sufficently dead, the battle will move onto neg's corpse and the blood-jars made of rebels.

Other: Pokemon will automatically leech oxygen out of Negrek's bloodstream by assaulting the hemoglobin, so there's no reason to worry on that end. In this battle everyone can learn metronome (yes, even the trainers and referee).

Either blazhy or Superbird or some combination thereof will be reffing this? I think.
Let's do this!

Confirming participation~ I'm an official accomplice now.

For Adriane!

2vs2 single
Style: Set
DQ: 3 days
Damage Cap: 49%
Banned Moves: Earthquake, weather, OHKOs, direct recovery, Flash (and anything else very bright)
Arena: Cave of the Winds

It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Okay, you're not, but it certainly feels like you are: it's dark and nighttime and the wind blowing through the holes in the walls sounds mildly creepy. Less creepy than what sounds very much like someone swearing profusely deeper in the cave, but that would be silly: you haven't seen anyone go into this cave besides you for months! (Why were you staring at this cave for months? Don't you sleep?)

While this cave seems like it would be pretty well lit for a cave in the daytime -- all those holes wind's blowing through, don't you know -- it's currently the middle of the night. Sight is not your strong point right now. And while you theoretically could light a fire or use Flash, that would be rude. You don't want to be rude and accidentally an entire pack of griffons, do you? I THOUGHT NOT.

Other: Pokémon restrictions: only unevolved pokémon that can evolve that are found either inside caves or more commonly at night. So things like mienfoo or oddish or venonat or cleffa are acceptable.

And because I'm out of money and I need that, I'll be reffing this. I'll give Kusari 24 hours if they want to accept.

For Adriane!

2vs2 single
Style: Set
DQ: 3 days
Damage Cap: 49%
Banned Moves: Earthquake, weather, OHKOs, direct recovery, Flash (and anything else very bright)
Arena: Cave of the Winds

It is dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Okay, you're not, but it certainly feels like you are: it's dark and nighttime and the wind blowing through the holes in the walls sounds mildly creepy. Less creepy than what sounds very much like someone swearing profusely deeper in the cave, but that would be silly: you haven't seen anyone go into this cave besides you for months! (Why were you staring at this cave for months? Don't you sleep?)

While this cave seems like it would be pretty well lit for a cave in the daytime -- all those holes wind's blowing through, don't you know -- it's currently the middle of the night. Sight is not your strong point right now. And while you theoretically could light a fire or use Flash, that would be rude. You don't want to be rude and accidentally an entire pack of griffons, do you? I THOUGHT NOT.

Other: Pokémon restrictions: only unevolved pokémon that can evolve that are found either inside caves or more commonly at night. So things like mienfoo or oddish or venonat or cleffa are acceptable.

It so happens that I have a Mienfoo and Oddish so I suppose it's only reasonable that I accept.

This is silly.

I'm in.

re-issuing this since it seems to have been removed from the board, so ITS COLOURSFALL VS HIGH MOON IV

1 v 1 single
DQ:
A week
Damage Cap: 45%
Manned Moves: OHKOs, Self-kill moves (explosion etc), Chills Limited to 5/Pokemon, Direct Heals limited to 1/Pokemon
Arena: Land of Little Cubes and...Glass?

Oh, that's not right... It seems this place is some strange mix of Nepeta Leijon and Feferi Peixes' Planets. It has three 'states' - one entirely Land of Little Cubes and Tea (LOLCAT), one entirely Land of Dew and Glass (LODAG), and one a mix of both (LOLCAG). The arena randomly shifts between the three between rounds, and the next one should be noted in a round's end notes. They are as follows:

LOLCAT: Has mainly clear weather and yellow-orange tea reminiscent skies, along with a snowy sugary ground. Powder pink teapots with black cats are visible atop the peaks. This land is made up of little sugar cubes, and some are piled into the shapes of hills, while others create large mountains. There are rivers of green tea on this planet with waterfalls of green running down thousands of little cubes.

A Pokemon may eat a cube or two, which takes an action and restores 4% energy, though the Pokemon will loose 5% energy 5 actions after doing so in a sugar crash, if they have not recently eaten a cube. The 5 action timer is reset each time a cube is eaten, so if a Pokemon eats a cube, then eats another 3 actions later, the drop will happen 5 actions after the second. Feline-based Pokemon deal 1% more damage after all other modifiers have been applied, and take 1% less energy to use attacks.

LODAG: Has an underwater castle situated within a gigantic fish bowl with the first gate just out of reach. The rest of the world is covered in tall grass, dotted with colorful glass ornaments or sculptures emerging from the ground. The sky appears to be some sort of fluorescent shell-themed pattern, but made of glass.

The battle takes place inside the bowl, though battlers may attempt to leave. All non-water breathing Pokemon acquire a bubble around their head that allows them to breathe, and through some strange science...magic...game stuff, can swim and attack at normal speed. Fish-based Pokemon deal 1% more damage after all other modifiers have been applied, and take 1% less energy to use attacks.

LOLCAG: Has what looks largely like LOLCAT for terrain, though bits of grass and the odd colourful glass ornaments poke up around the sugar in places. The tea has been replaced with crystal water, and a large glass bowl is set in the middle of the ground full of water, about ten feet wide and five deep. A non-water breathing Pokemon that enters it also gains their bubble as in LODAG, and, strangely, waterbound Pokemon may leave the water by hovering (think in the 3D Pokemon games).

Other: It has already been decided which Pokemon being used, so the ref may skip the sending portion of the battle.

Also I am willing to offer a reffing trade - anyone who refs this, I will ref a battle of their choice!

re-issuing this since it seems to have been removed from the board, so ITS COLOURSFALL VS HIGH MOON IV

1 v 1 single
DQ:
A week
Damage Cap: 45%
Manned Moves: OHKOs, Self-kill moves (explosion etc), Chills Limited to 5/Pokemon, Direct Heals limited to 1/Pokemon
Arena: Land of Little Cubes and...Glass?

Oh, that's not right... It seems this place is some strange mix of Nepeta Leijon and Feferi Peixes' Planets. It has three 'states' - one entirely Land of Little Cubes and Tea (LOLCAT), one entirely Land of Dew and Glass (LODAG), and one a mix of both (LOLCAG). The arena randomly shifts between the three between rounds, and the next one should be noted in a round's end notes. They are as follows:

LOLCAT: Has mainly clear weather and yellow-orange tea reminiscent skies, along with a snowy sugary ground. Powder pink teapots with black cats are visible atop the peaks. This land is made up of little sugar cubes, and some are piled into the shapes of hills, while others create large mountains. There are rivers of green tea on this planet with waterfalls of green running down thousands of little cubes.

A Pokemon may eat a cube or two, which takes an action and restores 4% energy, though the Pokemon will loose 5% energy 5 actions after doing so in a sugar crash, if they have not recently eaten a cube. The 5 action timer is reset each time a cube is eaten, so if a Pokemon eats a cube, then eats another 3 actions later, the drop will happen 5 actions after the second. Feline-based Pokemon deal 1% more damage after all other modifiers have been applied, and take 1% less energy to use attacks.

LODAG: Has an underwater castle situated within a gigantic fish bowl with the first gate just out of reach. The rest of the world is covered in tall grass, dotted with colorful glass ornaments or sculptures emerging from the ground. The sky appears to be some sort of fluorescent shell-themed pattern, but made of glass.

The battle takes place inside the bowl, though battlers may attempt to leave. All non-water breathing Pokemon acquire a bubble around their head that allows them to breathe, and through some strange science...magic...game stuff, can swim and attack at normal speed. Fish-based Pokemon deal 1% more damage after all other modifiers have been applied, and take 1% less energy to use attacks.

LOLCAG: Has what looks largely like LOLCAT for terrain, though bits of grass and the odd colourful glass ornaments poke up around the sugar in places. The tea has been replaced with crystal water, and a large glass bowl is set in the middle of the ground full of water, about ten feet wide and five deep. A non-water breathing Pokemon that enters it also gains their bubble as in LODAG, and, strangely, waterbound Pokemon may leave the water by hovering (think in the 3D Pokemon games).

Other: It has already been decided which Pokemon being used, so the ref may skip the sending portion of the battle.

Also I am willing to offer a reffing trade - anyone who refs this, I will ref a battle of their choice!

I ACCEPT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom