• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comments about each newly leaked pokemen:

Chiramii: Omg so cute its amazing I love it squee!

Munna: Is...that its nose? Or mouth? It looks like a strange piggy bank without a nose or ears...strange.

Giaru: It looks like that digimon that looks like gears... O.o Only silver instead of blue. Cool, either way.

Mamepato: Its a pigeon! Arghssaasshs get out of reading.

Hihidaruma: What...the fuck.

Shimama: Aw, so cute. =3

Meguroko: YES...YES! That looks so cool. =]

Oh, and the legands...hm.

Reshiram: Its tail looks like a shuttlecock. Maybe he plays badminton. I don't see how its a fire type though. Maybe its so hot it turned white or something...maybe its a strange splice between arceus, lugia, articuno and a shuttlecock and just exploded into red hot heat out of the imposiblity of it all. IDK.

Zekrom: What is that on its tail? Can it kill people with it? If yes, cool!

New prof thing: Yay a girlie. Finally after all this bloody time.

OH MY GOD!!! these new things are awsome! although, Munna looks... odd. i dont really like it.

Edit: i think reshiram is a fire type 'cause his tail looks like a torch, and his wings are cool, they look like white fire... :)

Last edited:
Chiramii: Boring stereotypical cutesy rodent minus Electric-type. Yeah, I don't hate it, but I don't really like it much.

Munno: Easter Egg. Pink, frilly, girly, froo froo, I don't like.

Gear: It's that Digimon that digivolves into Guardromon, I believe! I never really liked ones based on objects though, so I don't really like it.

Mamepato: It's like an actual pidgeon (unlike Pidgey), except it's ugly like a pidgeon too. Although I could grow to like it at a later time if it evolves into something cool.

Hihidaruma (AKA the name I can't spell): Another flaming monkey? I just don't like this one at all. It's ugly.

Shimama: Best of the bunch. I call him Zebrazap.

Meguroko: Eh. Not much special about it other than unique type combination. Design-wise, it kinda bores me.

I'm also glad Reshiram is partially Fire, it makes sense to me. Its tail looks more firey and Zekrom's is more electrical and turbine engine.

All in all, I'm not really fond of these guys much. Might change, might not. Depends.

Woman professor = Neatness, as people have said already.

Oh and the Pokedexes? They look like iPods.

Munna is creepy. Hihidaruma looks psycho and is another fire-ape. I never liked the Chimchar line much anyway. The others are awesome. I hope Munna gets an evolution that's Grass/Psychic. Either that or the evolution gets rid of the flowers. I really like Chiramii and Shimama.

looking up "araragi" (new professor's Japanese name) gave me the genus of a butterfly. Hmm. Perhaps we're departing from the tree formula?

I love the new pokemon, seriously. But one of Mamepato's abilities is bugging me. Pigeon Breast? Really?

Not quite. If I recall correctly, the Japanese professors have never been named after trees, so we'll probably get some arboreal name anyway.

Anyway, I like the new things - the Zebra is quite nice C:

Mamepeto is pretty cool. It's got a whole heart theme going for it and it's generally well designed.

I'm troubled by how many of them seem like expies of Gen. IV mons; Gear, Daruma-thing, and Shades are cool, but they're way too similar to Bronzor, Infernape, and Hippopotas.

Yes, female professor. I skipped straight down to find her instead of looking at the new Pokémon. I want to be surprised when it comes to the mons, personally.

Edit: so Zekrom and Reshiram are 'White Yin' and 'Black Yang'? Yaaaaaay, yin/yang theme confirmed.

D: That is backwards! Yin is dark/female/cold/night, and yang is light/male/hot/day. But most people get it wrong.

That adds some reasoning to the /fire of Reshie, maybe.

OHMYGOD AN ELECTRIC ZEBRA!!!11 /spasm

Now that I've gotten that out of my system...

Chiramii: Cute, but I agree, it screams "B&W's Rattata here!". Still, probably one of my favorite first-route pokemon so far.
Hihidaruma: *sigh* Another fire ape? That face is going to haunt my dreams... I guess the design could have been worse, and I can't really say I dislike it.
Shimama: It's a freaking electric zebra. What more could you want? <3
Meguroko: As far as I remember, we don't have a ground/dark type, do we? So, yay new type combinations. Cool design, too.
Mamepato: Again, seems like the route 1 bird, but again, probably my favorite so far. Definitely will be using one on my first playthrough.
Munna: Someone said "baby Drowzee" and I can see that happening, though I really hope it isn't.
Gear: Awesome. <3
New Professor: We needed a female professor, and her look is nice, so I approve.

Also, I complained about the box legendaries being dragons before, but I take that back with the confirmation of the fire- and especially electric-typings. Still annoying that they're dragons, but at lease these are unique.

Overall... I'm really looking forward to this generation, so far I haven't seen anything I can say I dislike, barring the dragon-type nitpick and possibly the fire ape thing.

Anyone else feel as greedy as me for wanting more already?

It's not entirely a zebra. It's too short and compact. Maybe it's part okapi.

Every time someone complains about Professor Garlic, I want to kill you.

Overall, I like the Pokémon released, especially the chinchilla, zebra/okapi, and crocodile. (I even sprited the chinchilla, because I'm that lame.) The female professor was an unexpected, but pleasant, surprise. I actually like the Pokédex design. I'm a bit iffy on the overall layout of the region. Overall, I have high hopes for this game.

AAAAH THE FIRE APE IS SO SCARY ;-;
I really dislike monkeys and apes (not helped after I had to read The Hot Zone for bio class) so this ape thing is probably going to go the way of the Chimchar line, which is me having an extreme urge to punch it in the face. But this will most definitely go farther. This warrants me training up the most powerful Water type in Black version, training it to max Special attack EVs, and going after this thing and giving it a Hydro Pump right in that evil face. If I find a shiny of this thing, I will not only not catch it, I will murder it and then tear its corpse into tiny pieces and then light them on fire.
Ugh.

Not quite. If I recall correctly, the Japanese professors have never been named after trees, so we'll probably get some arboreal name anyway.

Dr. Ōkido. Elm appears to be named after a type of shrub. I'm going to take a guess and say that the other two Professors(actually Doctors, but that's besides the point...) are also named after a type of plant. Not always trees, but they have followed a plant theme.

Also, Bulbapedia says Araragi may mean either orchid or Japanese yew. And after doing a little digging around, it appears it could also be the Kobushi Magnolia, which apparently is yama kobushi AND yama araragi in Japanese.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobushi_magnolia
http://worldkigo2005.blogspot.com/2006_01_01_archive.html (just search for Mountain Magnolia here, its near the bottom)

And if you need to check, just type kobushi into this translator. It should come up as fist(which matches what the second link calls it).

So... the black legendary (Zekrom) is in White, and the white one (Reshiram) is in Black? Strange. The desert croc is kind cool, hopefully it has a cooler evolution. And that fire ape looks like something that would crawl out of one of my childhood nightmares. All in all these Pokemanz aren't all that great... but then again, that's what I thought when I first saw the DP pokemon. Hopefully we'll see more soon.

Dr. Ōkido. Elm appears to be named after a type of shrub. I'm going to take a guess and say that the other two Professors(actually Doctors, but that's besides the point...) are also named after a type of plant. Not always trees, but they have followed a plant theme.

Also, Bulbapedia says Araragi may mean either orchid or Japanese yew. And after doing a little digging around, it appears it could also be the Kobushi Magnolia, which apparently is yama kobushi AND yama araragi in Japanese.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobushi_magnolia
http://worldkigo2005.blogspot.com/2006_01_01_archive.html (just search for Mountain Magnolia here, its near the bottom)

And if you need to check, just type kobushi into this translator. It should come up as fist(which matches what the second link calls it).
Rowan's the only one that's remotely followed the Japanese name, and even there he'd be more correctly named Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom