• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Referee Headquarters

For the first time in five years, I have returned to try for a reffing spot. Going for novice, obviously.

3 vs. 3
Style: Set
DQ: 10 Days
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKOs

Field: Arboreal Dome

In some closed-off mountain range in the northern parts of Asber, a strange natural wonder has formed; a humongous dome made entirely of intertwined trees and vines. It is several hundred feet high and wide, and the ground inside is covered with bushes and a strange, luminescent moss. Moss-covered boulders are also strewn throughout, and a slow, good-sized stream cuts a swathe through the middle of the Great Arboreal Dome. The light not provided by the moss is filtered and green, streaming through window-like gaps in the wicker dome.

For obvious reasons, most weather moves will have a lessened effect in this arena, as rain or hail will have a tough time getting through the intertwined branches. At the end of each round, there's a 25% chance that the moss will glow bright green for the entirety of the next round, at which point Grass-type Pokémon get a 2x STAB instead of a 1.25x, and Fire-types get no STAB.

Additional Rules: The choice for the first Pokémon sent out by each trainer willl be sent to the referee, and not posted in the battle itself. For example, it would be;

X and Y choose a Pokémon and tell it to the ref by PM
X attacks
Y attacks

and not:

X sends out
Y sends out and attacks
X attacks

Blastoise (1/3 Pokemon Left)
Koutus (M)
manectric
Ability: Static
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%

Blazhy (1/3 Pokemon Left)
Retsurai (F)
luxio
Ability: Intimidate
Health: 70%
Energy: 75%
Stats: Attack +1, Magnet Rise - 4 Actions Remaining

Round Start

Having seen Zex, his Whirlipede, succumb to Retsurai, Blastoise called him back into his Pokeball, then he sent out Koutus, his Manectric. A good call, as far as speed is concerned, because that meant that Koutus got the first strike.

Without further ado, the tip of Koutus' mane glowed brightly, and then he fired a shimmering, multicoloured beam of light, and this beam of light slammed into Retsurai with authority. However, Retsurai was far from finished. Determined to fight back, she stood and charged electricity in her body. Her special defense rose as the electrical current coursed through her leonine form - you could now even see sparks crackling around her fur.

Koutus then readied another attack, then promptly fired off another Signal Beam, and the brilliant beam of light had struck Retsurai very nicely indeed - Retsurai was now in a complete daze and stumbling about. With this, the battle may just have swung back in Blastoise's favor. However, the prior Special Defense boost from Charge moderated the damage taken by Retsurai.

Trying to recall her trainer's commands in her dazed state, Retsurai attempts an attack, and she succeeds, firing off one of the most powerful Electric-type moves - Thunderbolt. Despite the type resistance, because of Charge, damage is doubled, and Koutus feels the full fury of that... well, except for the paralysis chance, which didn't happen.

Used to the routine by now, Koutus fired a third consecutive Signal Beam at Retsurai, with the same effect as the second, minus the confusion.

Retsurai then attempted to attack, but in her dazed state, swung her tail across, slapping herself hard across the face. Koutus certainly was in the ascendancy, and if Blazhy doesn't turn things around soon, it'll be the end for her.

Round End

Blastoise (1/3 Pokemon Left)
Koutus (M)
manectric
Health: 84%
Energy: 88%
Condition: Glad for the respite and pleased abut the situation

Blazhy (1/3 Pokemon Left)
Retsurai (F)
luxio
Health: 48%
Energy: 65%
Condition: In a daze. Mind is wonky.
Stats: Attack +1, Special Defense +1, Confused, Magnet Rise - 1 Action Remaining

Arena notes:
Special effect roll: 48 (25 or less to take effect)

Attack Summary:
Signal Beam: 7% damage, 4% energy, accuracy roll 28 (100 to miss), confusion roll 100 (10 or less to confuse)
Charge: 2% energy, +1 SDef to Retsurai
Signal Beam: 5% damage, 4% energy, accuracy roll 80 (100 to miss), confusion roll 10 (10 or less to confuse)
Thunderbolt: 16% damage, 5% energy, confusion check 82 (50 or less to hit self), accuracy roll 73 (100 to miss), paralysis roll 65 (10 or less to paralyze)
Signal Beam: 5% damage, 4% energy, accuracy roll 24 (100 to miss)
[Retsurai hits self]: confusion check 50 (50 or less to hit self), 5% damage to self, 3% energy

Notes:
Yes, I RNG'd to get Whirlipede as the previous Pokemon.
Genders were not provided, so I chose them myself.
I don't know if this was accidental or deliberate, but I took the liberty of changing Electrolevitate to Magnet Rise - its English name.
I took off an energy point on Charge because it would be easier for an Electric-type to use it.
The second Signal Beam confused Retsurai.
I pegged Retsurai's energy used in hitting her(?)self at 3%, because it would've used Crunch otherwise, so I went with the unmodified base energy of Crunch.

KRATO'S CALULATOR WILL NOT FAIL ME AGAIN.

3 vs. 3
Style: Set

In some closed-off mountain range in the northern parts of Asber, a strange natural wonder has formed; a humongous dome made entirely of intertwined trees and vines. It is several hundred feet high and wide and the ground inside is covered with bushes and a strange, luminescent moss. Moss-covered boulders are also strewn throughout, and a slow, good-sized stream cuts a swathe through the middle of the Great Arboreal Dome. The light not provided by the moss is filtered and green, streaming through window-like gaps in the wicker dome.

For obvious reasons, most weather moves will have a lessened effect in this arena, as rain or hail will have a tough time getting through the intertwined branches. At the end of each round, there's a 25% chance that the moss will glow bright green for the entirety of the next round, at which point Grass-type Pokémon get a 2x STAB instead of a 1.25x, and Fire-types get no STAB.

Additional Rules: The choice for the first Pokémon sent out by each trainer will be sent to the referee, and not posted in the battle itself. For example, it would be;

X attacks
Y attacks

and not:

X sends out
Y sends out and attacks
X attacks

Round X, Begin!

Karkat Vantas
Koutus
Manectric
<Static>

----------------------------------------------------------

Blazhy {Ooo}
Retsurai
Luxio
<Intimidate>
{Attack +1}
{Magnet Rise - 4 Actions Remaining}

After the defeat of his previous Pokémon, Karkat is starting to sweat as he fumbles for the Poké Ball of his last Pokémon, Koutus the Manectric. Retsurai is a bit worried, due to the Manectric being faster than him, but he still stands firm. Koutus immediately began charging a blue-and-red beam in his mouth. The Luxio started scrambling frantically trying to avoid the attack. The beam struck Retsurai square on the side. He manages to get up and starts storing some electrical charges in his fur.

Retsurai: 62% health, 71% energy, +1 Atk, +1 Sp. Def. Magnet Rise- 3 more actions
Koutus: 100% health, 95% energy

The evolved Electrike once again charged the dreaded, almost seizure-causing beam, and the Luxio shrieked in pain. As soon as the lion was able to, he sent out a bolt of crackling electricity. “This should teach him a lesson” Retsu thought. Retsurai started cheering when the bolt hit the Manectric, and cheered even louder when it paralyzed Koutus. The latter, a bit bugged about his predicament, began cursing under his breath.

Retsurai: 56% health, 65% energy, +1 Atk, +1 Sp. Def. Magnet Rise- 2 more actions
Koutus: 91% health, 90% energy, slightly paralyzed (2 more actions)

Even though Koutus was paralyzed, he still had a speed advantage. He was going to open his mouth, but his muscles locked up and he couldn’t move an inch. The Manectric repeated the same curses from earlier. Retsurai was now jumping with glee, and started running like a madman toward the immobile Pokémon. The Luxio sunk his teeth into the unlucky Koutus, scoring a stronger hit than usual. However, he suffered what one might call a ‘pyrrhic action’ as Retsu received an aftershock and was paralyzed as well. Koutus let off a smirk along with some trash talk and thanked Mew for his good luck.

Retsurai: 56% health,57 % energy, +1 Atk, +1 Sp. Def., slightly paralyzed (3 more actions) Magnet Rise- 1 more action
Koutus: 74%, 90% energy, slightly paralyzed (1 more action)

Round X End!

Karkat Vantas Ooo
Koutus
Manectric
<Static>
Health: 74%
Energy: 90%
Status: “Well, that didn’t work.” Slightly paralyzed (1 more action)
Actions: Signal Beam~ Signal Beam~ [paralyzed]

Blazhy Ooo
Luxio
Retsurai
<Intimidate>
Health: 56%
Energy: 57%
Status: “Go Retsu, go Retsu!” +1 Attack, +1 Sp. Defense, slightly paralyzed (2 more actions), Magnet Rise (1 more action)
Actions: Charge~Thunderbolt ~Crunch

Next Round:

Karkat Vantas attacks.
Blahzy attacks.
I ref.

Damage Calaculations:
Attack (notes): damage%, energy%
Signal Beam (both): 7%, 5%
Thunderbolt (paralyzed Koutus, not very effective): 7%, 5%
Crunch (critical hit): 17%, 8%

Other:
I like some of the Gen. III sprites. I suppose it won't be a problem if I use them.
Looked up if anyone had a Manectrc named Koutus. Turns out, Kam does.

Last edited:
Here we go, trying Novice for the... fourth time.

--------

3 vs 3 Set

In some closed-off mountain range in the northern parts of Asber, a strange natural wonder has formed; a humongous dome made entirely of intertwined trees and vines. It is several hundred feet high and wide, and the ground inside is covered with bushes and a strange, luminescent moss. Moss-covered boulders are also strewn throughout, and a slow, good-sized stream cuts a swathe through the middle of the Great Arboreal Dome. The light not provided by the moss is filtered and green, streaming through window-like gaps in the wicker dome.

Additional Rules: The choice for the first Pokémon sent out by each trainer willl be sent to the referee, and not posted in the battle itself. For example, it would be;

X attacks
Y attacks

and not:

X sends out
Y sends out and attacks
X attacks

Team Blastoise
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Manectric
Koutus (F)
Commands: Spam with Signal Beam. If he's out of reach or unhittable (barring Subs) use Odor Sleuth or, if you've already done that, Captivate.

Signal Beam/Odor Sleuth~Signal Beam/Odor Sleuth/Captivate~Signal Beam/Odor Sleuth/Captivate

Team blazherio889
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Luxio
Retsurai (M)
Status: Who... The hell are you?! [Attack +1, Electrolevitate - four more actions]
Commands: Charge to soften those Signal Beams, then throw a Thunderbolt at her - should do a good chunk of damage even with the resist. Finish up with a Crunch and see if we can't get those defense drops.

Charge ~ Thunderbolt ~ Crunch

Round Unknown Begin!

Seeing a strange light morph into a Pokémon, Retsurai made the strangest face known to Luxio and snarled. The newcomer's reaction wasn't much better, either; she tried to cling to Blastoise, who pushed her away gently. Unsettled, Koutus glanced at her trainer, before furrowing her eyes. She reluctantly tucked her head into her front legs, inhaled deeply, cleared her mind, and abruptly raised his head with her jaws open, spurting a forceful beam of multicolored squares and geometric figures, each slamming into Retsurai. The Luxio blinked, looking dazed and confused. He stepped back, and raised his tail, after a bit of thought, as it began to glow lemon yellow and released little globules of the same color. The little globs of Electric energy spread all over his body as it, too, emanated bright yellow.*

Koutus Health: 100% Energy: 95%
Retsurai Health: 68% Energy: 72%

Widening her left eye at the display, Koutus felt a bit more confident; after all, how hard can it be to battle someone who only glowed yellow? She snarled, stepped a little closer to Retsurai, and snapped open her mouth again, this time more ferociously. Each little square and each little triangle smacked Retsu all over, causing him to begin to wince. He wanted to make her pay for that! ...Except what was he supposed to do again? Thu... Thu... Thunder... Thunderbolt! Yeah! He narrowed his eyes, and shook the ground a little, as it barely vibrated. Suddenly, a thunderclap was heard, and the electrifying crash of a strong running one was audible just above. When it got to the top of the dome, however, it couldn't fully penetrate the thick vines and growths; a little current got through, though. But it wasn't headed at the right target; the little current hit Retsu, shocking him for a second.

Koutus Health: 100% Energy: 90%
Retsurai Health: 58% Energy: 66%

Dizzily walking in circles, Retsurai slowly recovered from the shock. Smirking, Koutus took a power stance, head held low, hind held high, and one front paw outstretched, the other close to her head. She roared, now very sure that he would be the victor. She opened her mouth wide, inhaling deeply, and burst out another beam of mismatched shapes, paired with a malicious roar. Retsurai, irritated and feeling kind of sick, growled. He slowly paced torwards his overconfident meddling opponent, eyes narrow and purposeful. He leapt up suddenly, forcing his teeth in and under Koutus's skin as Koutus winced.

Round Unknown End!

Team Blastoise
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Manectric
Koutus (F)
Health: 92%
Energy: 85%
Attacks Used: Signal Beam~Signal Beam~Signal Beam

Team blazherio889
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Luxio
Retsurai (M)
Health: 51%
Energy: 61%
Status: You may have hit me at first, but... but... but... D'oh, I don't remember. [Confused, Mild; Attack +1; Sp. Defense +1]
Attacks Used: Charge~Thunderbolt~Crunch

Damage / Energy Calculations
Koutus Manectric

Signal Beam dealt 7% damage and took 5% energy.

Same as above?

And above again.

Retsurai Luxio

Charge took 3% energy.

Thunderbolt dealt 3% damage and took 5% energy.

Crunch dealt 8% damage and took 6% energy.

Notes

-The first Signal Beam confused poor Retsurai.
-Gender is never outright stated, but blazherio889's commands use 'she' to refer to Koutus, so...
-Thunderbolt was a case of confusion self harm.
-Um, what's Electrolevitate?
-Thunderbolt depleted 3% health.
-Because of status and health/energy values, I assumed that Koutus was a newly sent in battlemon.
-I know that energy should be less than the damage, but because it was a confusion self harm (From Kratos' scale it should be under five percent which I agree with?), I kept it low and subtracted one energy percent to somewhat justify.
-This was edited in, hopefully if editing in won't get me extra credit or anything...? No green moss, I hope I didn't need to state it explicitly.
Arena Notes

The area above Retsurai is a little singed from Thunderbolt. Other than that, none.

Next Round
- Blastoise attacks
- blazherio889 attacks
- I ref (hopefully!)[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Is it still possible to try out for a promotion by doing the mock of the level you're aiming for?

Good, because I had to keep the wordcount going up somehow.

-----

2v2 Doubles
2 Day DQ Time
Max 2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon
no items
all abilities
switch is nonexistent

Round 1

Its A Random (OO)
Currently out: Capers and Sleast
GliscorShellos-east
Male Gliscor / Male Shellos
Abilities: Sand Veil / Storm Drain
Health: 100% / 100%
Energy: 100% / 100%
Condition: Hardly keeping up with the cars. / Waiting patiently.
Commands:
- Swords Dance (defensive) ~ Acrobatics@Sigma ~ Earthquake
- Ice Beam@Tau ~ Water Pulse@Sigma ~ Toxic@Capers

Lord Jesseus (OO)
Currently out: Sigma and Tau
MachokeKadabra
Male Machoke / Male Kadabrra
Abilities: No Guard / Synchronize
Health: 100% / 100%
Energy: 100% / 100%
Condition: Punching the air. / Waving his hand over his spoon.
Commands:
- Seismic Toss@Capers (grind) ~ Seismic Toss@Car ~ Ice Punch@Capers/Counter@Capers
- Reflect ~ Encore@Sleast/Psychic@Sleast ~ Shadow Ball@Capers

Arena: moving traffic
a busy highway with constant high speed traffic. battling takes place on top of the vehicles. fall off and you could be roadkill
Arena status: Unchanged.

-----​

Three folks stand above a car, which departs from someplace near the beggining of a highway that goes all the way across town. They had the terrible idea of staging a battle above moving traffic; the plan was to jump from that initial car (whose driver didn't mind the idea but wasn't interested in having their own car totaled) over another one, and from that point ownards, start the duel.

When the time arises for that to be done, the trio ends up over separate vehicles, but still close enough for a fight. With a reciting of the rules and a signal, the two trainers each sent out two Pokémon.

First, Its A Random released a purple, flying critter who, upon realizing where he was, hurriedly began to flap his capelike wings -- unusual behavior for his gliding kind. His teammate, nearly seven times smaller, dragged himself sluggishly by his dark green lower body, stretching the head and winglike crests from his light blue upper body.

The duo Lord Jesseus responded with consisted of two creatures of similarly humanoid form, but with multiple differences. One of them was large and purple, with extremely developed musculature, red eyes glaring with determination. The other was sleeker, featuring a mostly yellow skin, with a brown carapace around the chest area. His large whiskers flickered with the wind as he stared deeply into the spoon he held.

With another signal from the referee, the battle began.

Wasting absolutely no time, Tau spread his hands outward, releasing his psychic powers to form a golden dome of energy. This way, his lack of physical bulk would be compensated for. On that cue, Sigma began to rush towards the opponents.

Seeing the Machoke approach, Capers backed off, making sharp, fluid motions in the air. The Swords Dancing backwards stimulated his body and awakened his spirit; he was definitely steeled for a proper fight as soon as he'd gotten done playing the avoidance game.

In spite of the massive gap in speed, however, the Fighting-type eventually reached his target, mostly on the sheer willpower that characterizes his kind. With an exceptionally agile leap from the top of a truck, he managed to hang onto his foe's diminute shoulders, hampering his flight and weighing him down. The two came down gradually, their faces hitting many side-view mirrors until the Gliscor's was met with a much worse fate: ground onto the asphalt mercilessly.

Back on the original area of the fight, Sleast took a shot at the remaining opponent, firing a white-blue blast of frost formed from Ice-type energy in his mouth. Being energy-based, it went through the Reflect effortlessly, its cruching cold causing a minor degree of pain to the Kadabra, who quickly retaliated. Using his psychic powers to the max, he held his foe up with telekinesis, slamming him into a couple of moving cars before hurling him away straight into the road.

After one sharp jab to the face from a side-view mirror, the Shellos saw something in the distance. It was the struggle of the other two fighters.

Sigma struggled to get any fighting done as his opponent swiftly dodged and counterstruck with acrobatic slams from his oversized pincers. Clearly, the Fighting-type was very ill-matched agaisnt aerial manouvers. However, at one point, he managed to gather a sufficient frame of time to proceed with his commands. With a bit of trouble because of the speed, he hefted up a light, one-seat, quite modern car -- any heavier would have been impossible to neatly pick up and throw even for his tremendous muscles -- and flung it at his enemy.

The small vehicle smacked Capers' face with audible force, boucing off straight into a moving SUV. The resulting crash caused a string of accidents before the traffic stopped.

The situation worried the recently arriving sea slug Pokémon, who slowly squrimed near the fight, seeking to aid his teammate. After covering a short distance, he spat up a blast of water wrapped in soundwaves, trying to gain a bit of time for approaching. It struck the enemy Machoke on the side, causing him to stumble, but only briefly.

As he regained composure, however, he saw his opponent raise a claw skyward, eying the ground with bad intent plastered across the yellow eyes. This clearly meant a strong move was coming along; the humanoid readied a defensive stance as the Gliscor slammed into the ground fiercely, spreading a shock wave far across the highway. The vicious tremors repeatedly slammed both his foe and ally into the asphalt, wrecking their balance and dealing multiple bruises.

The Earthquake attack even went as far back as where Tau stood, showing much more range than his previous and miserably failed attempt at hitting one of his foes with a Shadow Ball. His protective barrier significantly reduced the impact, however. The road and the cars over it had no such luck: most were damaged severely.

At some point during the tremors, rather surprisingly, Sigma managed to take a leap from his stance, empowered by precisely timing it to ressonate with the ground pushing up. This impulse allowed him to deliver an extremely powerful punch, hurling the quakestarter straight into his own attack.

When the floor finally settled, Sleast (slowly) rushed towards the battlers. Each blow his parter took increased the worry. When he finally got close, it was because Capers approached him, not because he'd managed to get there fast. The Shellos hesitated a bit, wondering how that would help, but went through with it: he formed a foul substance in his mouth by mixing up a few bodily fluids, then spit up the horrible purple glob at his ally.

The Gliscor was very surprised at this event, as the toxin easily worked his way into his bloodstream and began to wreck havoc within his systems. He could only wonder what that was for as he writhed on the ground.

Round 1 – End

Its A Random (OO)
Currently out: Capers and Sleast
GliscorShellos-east
Male Gliscor / Male Shellos
Abilities: Sand Veil / Storm Drain
Health: 53% / 72%
Energy: 85% / 88%
Status: 2+ Attack, Poisoned (Badly; 1% this round) / Stable
Condition: Feeling betrayed. / Quite confused.
Performed:
Swords Dance (defensive) ~ Acrobatics@Sigma ~ Earthquake
Ice Beam@Tau ~ Water Pulse@Sigma ~ Toxic@Capers

Lord Jesseus (OO)
Currently out: Sigma and Tau
MachokeKadabra
Male Machoke / Male Kadabrra
Abilities: No Guard / Synchronize
Health: 50% / 84%
Energy: 73% / 88%
Condition: Badly battered. / Isolated.
Performed:
Seismic Toss@Capers (grind) ~ Seismic Toss@Car ~ Counter@Capers
Reflect ~ Psychic@Sleast ~ Shadow Ball@Capers (missed)​

Arena status: Unchanged.

Additional notes:
- There was no mention on whether the Shellos was Western or Eastern; I assumed Eastern from the nickname, but.
- Since the battlers from Lord Jesseus' team stood quite separated during the round, I had Reflect protect only Tau.
- I'm assuming that defensive usage of Swords Dance stems from a different league's description of the move. Anyhow, in fitting with this league's description, I had it occour as an evasive Swords Dance, which still granted the normal boosts, but cost extra energy. It also led to higher energy cost from the opposing Seismic Toss.
- Tau's Shadow Ball had absolutely no way of hitting, given the distance but between him and the battle.
- The commands mention using Toxic to activate Capers' Dream World Ability (which, of course, is Poison Heal), but it's clearly stated that he has Sand Veil, so, that didn't jive. Assuming this is from an actual battle, did that actually happen as a mistake, or does something work differently where this is from?
- Its A Random commands first next round.

I'm not sure whether I'm supposed to show my calculations for this, but, here they are:
- Reflect: 0% damage / 4% energy (1% + 3% upkeep cost)
- Swords Dance: 0% damage / 3% energy (2% + 1% extra movement)
- Seismic Toss: 11% damage (assumed value) / 5% recoil (both Pokémon would be exposed to the traffic, albeit differently; also assumed) / 5% energy (7% base x1/2 attack only performed halfway + 1% enemy movement penalty)
- Ice Beam: 8% damage (9% - 1% anti-STAB) / 5% energy
- Psychic: 13% damage (9% x1.25 STAB + 2% assumed road damage bonus) / 4% energy (5% - 1% STAB)
- Acrobatics: 22% damage (11% + 2% Attack x1.25 STAB x1.5 Effectiveness -2% limited space) / 7% energy (7% - 1% STAB + 1% limited space)
- Seismic Toss: 5% damage (assumed value) / 7% energy (car assumed to weigh 45kg)
- Water Pulse: 8% damage (6% x 1.25 STAB) / 3% energy (3% - 1% STAB + 1% Effect chance)
- Shadow Ball: 0% / 4% energy
- Earthquake: 5% energy (6% - 1% STAB)
-- Sigma and Sleast: 15% damage (10% + 2% Attack x1.25 STAB)
-- Tau: 8% damage (10% + 2% Attack x1.25 STAB x1/2 Reflect)
- Toxic: 0% damage / 4% energy
- Counter: 30% damage (15% damage x2 Counter damage) / 15% energy (30% Counter damage x1/2)
- Toxic Poisoning: 1% damage
-----
Capers' Health: 100% - 11% - 5% - 30% - 1% = 53%
Capers' Energy: 100% - 3% - 7% - 5% = 85%
Sleast's Health: 100% - 13% - 15% = 72%
Sleast's Energy: 100% - 5% - 3% - 4% = 88%
Sigma's Health: 100% - 5% - 22% - 8% - 15% = 50%
Sigma's Energy: 100% - 5% - 7% - 15% = 73%
Tau's Health: 100% - 8% - 8% = 84%
Tau's Energy: 100% - 1% - 4% - 4% - 3% = 88%

Hiikaru ♥

Your battle description is nice and flavorful, but you spend little time talking about the attacks themselves. I was momentarily confused as to whether the thunderbolt actually hit, since while it was launched, there was no description of it finding its mark. This was more the case for the earlier attacks in the round; crunch was fine.

Damage and energy looks good.

Convention is that "Ooo" is "three pokémon remaining"--the big circle represents the active one, and the other two are in reserve. Circles are replaced by X's when a pokémon faints. "1/3 pokémon" would likely be interpreted "first of three" rather than "only one left."

No major complaints here. Good job. Approved

sreservoir

Battle description is good.

The critical hit leaf blade should only have done 7% more than the base amount of damage rather than double.

Pretty good job overall. Aside from the critical hit, everything looks fine. Approved

Skylark

Your battle description is decent, but the part where Will Powers comes up out of the water is unclear. You mention that he reaches the water and it heals his burn (typically it takes more than just a dip in water to remove a burn), and he's hardening, but then you go on to say that he's tunneling up... but he shouldn't be able to tunnel and harden in a single action, and at the end you kind of make it sound like he was supposed to be coming up through the water (as commanded) rather than tunneling. It's rather perplexing.

When a pokémon knows that it isn't able to reach its opponent, it won't actually attack empty air/ground the way that Roman did with his close combat. He might try it if he wasn't *sure* steelix was out of his reach, i.e. he might try firing a hidden power down the tunnel or something, but here there was really no reason for him to attack.

I believe you forgot the defense/special defense drop from close combat.

You took quite a bit of energy off for close combat; I would expect it to be more like 6%, given that earthquake cost Will Powers 5%.

Like Coroxn's, this reffing is a bit on the fence. There are several small issues, but nothing really glaring, and there's nothing really to distinguish it in a positive way, either. Overall, I would rather see you reapply--it looks like you're slipping up on a bit of bookkeeping/ASB logic. Not Approved

Coroxn

Your description is full of little problems, like shifting tenses, spelling problems (soothe, not sooth; secrete, not secret), and missing words (last sentence, paragraph four). A little proofreading could help you out.

When a pokémon knows that it isn't able to reach its opponent, it won't actually attack empty air/ground the way that Roman did with his close combat. He might try it if he wasn't *sure* steelix was out of his reach, i.e. he might try firing a hidden power down the tunnel or something, but here there was really no reason for him to attack.

Close combat's cost is a bit steep; it's only 20bp more expensive than earthquake, and yet it took a full 2% more energy to use. Also, 6% is very extreme for the swimming thing--that's as much as an earthquake! Yes, a steelix would have some considerable difficulty swimming, but probably it wouldn't require as much effort as unleashing a 100-power attack. In this case, Will Powers wouldn't have to swim very far, if at all: steelix are 30 feet long, and it's unlikely that the moat is going to be much deeper than that. Likely, it would be shallower, and Will Powers would just need to lift the upper section of its body up and out of the water to return to water--that's what I believe the trainer's intent was when he gave those orders. Even if steelix did have to do a moderate amount of swimming, 6% energy is too much to charge.

This isn't bad. The swim energy thing is a bit of a sinker, and there are other small issues with the reffing. Try to clean up your prose a little more if you want to reapply; other than that, it's hard to tell whether or not the problems are systemic. Not Approved

Effercon

You tend towards the odd turn of phrase in your description (struck "with authority"?), and you seem to lean heavily on trying to cram in all the technical details--specifying that damage is doubled, noting the special defense boost, and so on. You should attempt to convey this information through the description itself rather than simply stating it plainly. Also, watch out for tense shifts.

Your damage and energy looks good, although self-harm after confusion is affected by stat modifiers, and it doesn't look like you took that into account in Retsurai's case. Energy usage for confusion fail is typically independent of the attack being attempted--since it does not happen or is not followed through to completion--but 3% for 5% damage is okay. 5% damage would be too much for unmodified confusion-fail damage, though; it is not literally taken to be a bp 50 attack in ASB.

This is pretty borderline. Your description is what's a little under-par here, other than the confusion niggling. Not Approved

I liek Squirtles

Your battle description could use work. You suffer from proofreading slips, but in general you really aren't giving a very good picture of the action. A good example would be "Retsurai started cheering when the bolt hit the Manectric, and cheered even louder when it paralyzed Koutus. The latter, a bit bugged about his predicament, began cursing under his breath."--rather than just saying "the bolt hit the manectric," what does that look like, exactly? How could Retsurai tell that Koutus was paralyzed? Your description has a tendency towards repetition and is sparse where it comes to attacks interacting.

Paralysis takes a long time to fade--far more than two actions. It should be starting stronger than "slight" under almost all circumstances.

The second signal beam should have done less damage to Retsurai due to the special defense boost from charge. Critical hits do not double damage output in ASB; crunch should have done more along the lines of 15% energy, unless you were using Kratos' scale for stat boosts. On the other hand, charge does double damage, and even considering resistance, it should have yielded more than 7% damage. 8% is rather a lot for crunch, considering that thunderbolt was a full 3% energy cheaper despite being more powerful.

You could use some more work both on your description and on your calculations. Neither one stands out as being particularly worse than the other; both could use improvement. Not Approved

Mewtini

For the most part your battle description is fine, but there's no indication in the text of signal beam actually confusing Retsurai.

Electrolevitate is magnet rise, and it should still have been in effect at the end of the round.

Typically confusion fail is reffing as the attack not being executed at all/being only initiated, and so it tends to use greatly reduced energy.

Signal beam should have done less damage in actions two and three due to the special defense boost granted by charge. You messed up your subtraction and only took off 2% health for Koutus' first signal beam.

This is pretty decent. Detail work is still tripping you up, though; you need to be able to keep track of stat boosts, persistent effects like magnet rise, and of course the math of keeping track of health totals. Not Approved

Metallica Fanboy

Overall your battle description is pretty good. Some small spelling errors and similar slip-ups, but nothing major. The action is a little confusing, but it's a very confusing round, and overall I think you did a good job making sense of what was going on.

The commands mention using Toxic to activate Capers' Dream World Ability (which, of course, is Poison Heal), but it's clearly stated that he has Sand Veil, so, that didn't jive. Assuming this is from an actual battle, did that actually happen as a mistake, or does something work differently where this is from?
In Smogon's ASB, it is possible for pokémon to have all of their abilities, including Dreamworld abilities if purchased, active at once, so Capers would have gotten the poison heal bonus there.

Reflect should only last for around five actions.

The numbers look good.

Nice job on this round; it was a very intricate one, with a lot of weird interactions going on, and you handled it admirably. Aside from reflect, and a little bit more polish on the writing, there's nothing to nitpick about. Approved

Mewtini

For the most part your battle description is fine, but there's no indication in the text of signal beam actually confusing Retsurai.

I dropped a slight hint, actually! "Except what was he supposed to do again? Thu.. Thu... Thunder... Thunderbolt! Yeah!" was my indication.

Whoa, the word "decent" is a huge leap from last time. Taking that as "almost there!", I'm overjoyed. Last time was "you got X and Y and also Z" wrong.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom